Bug hunt XP Nerf?

Ordealis

Is anyone else getting half XP for the BH mobs? I was hosting an Ops earlier and some members, myself included, were only getting half XP(around 4k or so at lvl 67-69 for me and less for lower levels,) or no XP at all for one or two cases.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone else getting half XP for the BH mobs? I was hosting an Ops earlier and some members, myself included, were only getting half XP(around 4k or so at lvl 67-69 for me and less for lower levels,) or no XP at all for one or two cases.

Once you hit level 50 it starts slowing down. The higher the level the lower the XP you get.

I combat that with always running a boost & wearing my DvL leveling suit.

Once you hit level 50 it starts slowing down. The higher the level the lower the XP you get.

I combat that with always running a boost & wearing my DvL leveling suit.

Well, obviously. But yesterday at lvl 62 I was still earning 12k a kill; I'm asking the community if it seems like a nerf. If not, must be a bug.

It is a nerf based upon group size. They have clearly decided not to allow fast leveling, when it was an enticement to play the game, rather than a deterrent. Idiotic calls like this are the reason the game deflated after launch. Now they see a resurgence in subs and apparently they want the game to die, so they nerfed hunt xp.

It is a nerf based upon group size. They have clearly decided not to allow fast leveling, when it was an enticement to play the game, rather than a deterrent. Idiotic calls like this are the reason the game deflated after launch. Now they see a resurgence in subs and apparently they want the game to die, so they nerfed hunt xp.

Ay, we had a group member come to to this conclusion as well. It really is a shame because I recently started playing the game hearing there was a new DLC and I wanted to go through the story quests without needing to do side-quests to get to the DLC story(because I'm sure you can't just do main quest missions and be appropriately leveled?) on my characters as well as gear them up but it seems like that will take longer...

Sigh. An XP-cut like that is truly brutal.

Ay, we had a group member come to to this conclusion as well. It really is a shame because I recently started playing the game hearing there was a new DLC and I wanted to go through the story quests without needing to do side-quests to get to the DLC story(because I'm sure you can't just do main quest missions and be appropriately leveled?) on my characters as well as gear them up but it seems like that will take longer...

Sigh. An XP-cut like that is truly brutal.

While the bug hunt xp nerf is bad sport on BioWare's end, it is still quite easy to earn xp in this game. Swtor is one of the most generous MMMORPGs out there to level. Especially during the double xp event, you can level your characters by doing just the class story missions without being underleveled. Even during normal xp you only need to do a couple heroics on each planet to keep it even.

Edited by Phazonfreak

While the bug hunt xp nerf is bad sport on BioWare's end, it is still quite easy to earn xp in this game. Swtor is one of the most generous MMMORPGs out there to level. Especially during the double xp event, you can level your characters by doing just the class story missions without being underleveled. Even during normal xp you only need to do a couple heroics on each planet to keep it even.

Yeah thinking about it now and after the post I may just be able to do story on 2x with some heroics on the same route but now it just seems like they're really pushing for those Instant 70 boosts in the long run if they keep the XP for large Ops that way. Ah well, thanks for the information nonetheless!

Yeah thinking about it now and after the post I may just be able to do story on 2x with some heroics on the same route but now it just seems like they're really pushing for those Instant 70 boosts in the long run if they keep the XP for large Ops that way. Ah well, thanks for the information nonetheless!

I think your assumption of them pushing for the max lvl boosts is very valid. Another indicator is that they plan to implement the new galactic renown system to max lvl players only, so that all the leveling before that is just a rush through the old content.

It is a fail patch, the person who thought and approved this conquest everything needs to be fired.

I am sure the idea guys who thought calling it a double exp week buy adding conquest to all and not actually CXP and EXP doubling are laughing their butts off.

Yesterday raw exp was rocking, cxp was not, resurfacing of old bugs, companion glitches... somewhat playable.

Today... pointless CONQUEST ALL THE THINGS!! but the exp and cxp is the exact same, sure is not double.

Thanks EA for making a decent game into a failed version Hello Kitty carebear world treasure island.

Since they are not listening the only way to make them listen is via the pocket book, cancel the subs.

Edited by fahima

From what I saw in gen chat on Balmorra today the only time bug hunt xp is nerfed is if you're in an ops group.

Smaller groups were saying it was "normal"

Ungrouped players were still getting 7k xp per kill.

Double XP and Double CXP is still working.

Check out the post on reddit.

Dude posted a SS of what's happened. It's an anti-exploit thingy they implemented.

Would be NICE for a legitimate explanation on this here though, devs...

It's very shady you stealth added this without any word of warning.

Check out the post on reddit.

Dude posted a SS of what's happened. It's an anti-exploit thingy they implemented.

Would be NICE for a legitimate explanation on this here though, devs...

It's very shady you stealth added this without any word of warning.

And perfectly normal for them...

Played this afternoon. EST. The group I was in found that the sweet spot for speed/xp was around 9-10 players. Any higher and the xp was greatly reduced. With 9 people in a group, I was getting 17k xp per kill on my lvl 58 toon. Still sucks as I am coming back from a 4 year hiatus from the game and wanna level some alts and then go back and do the story

When 6.0 hits, and the galactic renown comes into play, they're not going to want any singular areas or methods being over the top in exp/renown gains, because that will kill the game.

It would turn into a "do the miserable thing that gives the most exp until you hate swtor" situation, like the KP trash killing that happened with the 5.0 launch.

I expect the imp hunt area in Nar Shadda to be nerfed as well, if not now then before 6.0.

I also expect every sub is going to get a level 70 boost when 6.0 hits as well.

What they should do, is allow a ramp up in difficulty for story missions, for a significant boost in exp. The big problem right now is that the story missions are so easy they're boring. Why not kill two birds with one stone, by making the story missions difficult and rewarding, rather than an automatic win and a snoozefest.

Played Imp Hunt on pub side yesterday and didn't notice any change there and there were times we had a full group, wasn't able to get into a Bug Hunt yesterday it was always full when I checked it out, will be very interested to see if I can get in today and see.

Real reason they nerfed it? Hard to sell $18 lvl 70 Master datacrons when you can grind it over a few hours free.

This.

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Not surprised by this change at all. Even the timing makes sense, even aside from the upcoming expansion.

I was figuring it'd be no more than a couple of days before bug hunt was going to be filled with full conquest guild ops groups of 70's farming conquest points, on a ridiculous number of world maps.

That's what I was expecting AND seeing some of the big conquest guilds talking about organizing to start doing.

Hell, on my one new toon I was leveling up with bug hunt from 30 - 70 she earned 130k conquest. Just from xp, and full Bal & Galac rampages.

Edited by Failtima