No longer Lost Island /Kaon under siege weekly?

I didnt see anything about removing that or the BH area weekly in the patch notes but I'm pretty sure that some official is going to claim that it was intended. Just like they did with the ec sm comms.

So remind me again, how is it now easier to earn BH comms?

Edited by MidichIorian

I didnt see anything about removing that or the BH area weekly in the patch notes but I'm pretty sure that some official is going to claim that it was intended. Just like they did with the ec sm comms.

So remind me again, how is it now easier to earn BH comms?

No one said it is. The sheer number of BH Comms was just too much. People who had no skill or group to complete EC HM were all getting equally powerful gear because they run a few easy hard modes with story mode operations on top. It was unfair to raiders and their hard work.

No one said it is. The sheer number of BH Comms was just too much. People who had no skill or group to complete EC HM were all getting equally powerful gear because they run a few easy hard modes with story mode operations on top. It was unfair to raiders and their hard work.

Ridiculous. This gearing thing is complete fail anyway. They should make it easier for everyone to get proper gear not harder. I dont want to waste 3 months just to get proper gear, so I can do any a little bit challenging content. And 6 Bh comms for Raghoul Weekly, sheer numbers of BH comms, seriously??!! EC hm, raiders and their hard work, dont make me laugh

Edited by Sithcreep

I find it to be fair enough, if u cant kill EC bosses you should not be able to get the gear that drops from it, or even something that compares to it.

You forget that not all ppl have the time to be around at raid schedules. Doesnt have anything to do with skill imo. And ppl talk like EC is rocket-science it isnt. Anyone with half a brain can understand the game mechanics and beat it by meeting minimum gear requirements.

Edited by Sithcreep

Ridiculous. This gearing thing is complete fail anyway. They should make it easier for everyone to get proper gear not harder. I dont want to waste 3 months just to get proper gear, so I can do any a little bit challenging content. And 6 Bh comms for Raghoul Weekly, sheer numbers of BH comms, seriously??!! EC hm, raiders and their hard work, dont make me laugh

You seem clueless as to what you are talking about. What level of gear is required to beat EC HM? That's right. Rakata. The gear level that needs NO Black Hole Commendations whatsoever. Anyone who want to earn gear can go to EC HM at that point. The system is dumbing down the whole progression right now, doing easy hard mode fp's earns you a level of access to the same level gear as someone who does EC HM. Right now what BW did is fix some of that so it's not as easy to earn Campaign level content by just doing Hard Modes - some stupid dailies. You just don't agree because it seems you can't (or don't want to) get a proper group that has what it takes to down EC HM, or you are just being grumpy because they took some of the candies you use to get every week.

Edited by Ephesia

I find it to be fair enough, if u cant kill EC bosses you should not be able to get the gear that drops from it, or even something that compares to it.

Actually, I feel like the weekly rewards for BH and KP/LI were trivial. 14 a week on those? They still haven't removed daily group finder, so removing these 14 seems rather harsh. I thought the BH comms was supposed to be the incentive because there was no reason to do them on my Main as he was way past the gear needed for them.

If this is indeed intended it's probably the worst move ever. I was in BH today and everyone there stated that there was no reason for going there anymore. Unless you're really hardcore about doing dailies. and all of the dailies every day, there's no need for ever going to BH. Might aswell do Belsavis/Ilum and get some mats out of instead, especially if you have archaeology or bioanalysis.

And who's going to do LI when you might aswell do some much easier FP? Not to say that it's hard now that it has been significally nerfed but there's still more room for more errors than in some of the tier 1 flashpoints.

Edited by MidichIorian

If this is indeed intended it's probably the worst move ever. I was in BH today and everyone there stated that there was no reason for going there anymore. Unless you're really hardcore about doing dailies. and all of the dailies every day, there's no need for ever going to BH. Might aswell do Belsavis/Ilum and get some mats out of instead, especially if you have archaeology or bioanalysis.

And who's going to do LI when you might aswell do some much easier FP? Not to say that it's hard now that it has been significally nerfed but there's still more room for errors than in some of the tier 1 flashpoints.

I agree with that the usefulness of Lost Island HM as well as the BH dailies get dumbed down with this move. Now the only point of doing dailies is to either get money or farm daily commendations, and the only reason one may ever want to do HM LI is to get the Rakata Chestpiece at the end.

Skill ? Your joking right? FPS, RTS, and CSF games are Skill based. RPMMO's Take very little skill, Gear based ones take even less. That being said ..... THIS IS A GEAR BASED GAME! it has next to no honest skill requirements. Even in PVP, which does requires a little bit of knowledge and skill, is still more dependent on gear.

The only reason this game has any bit of a learning curve is because it does not include a players manual and at best has a piss poor online players guide.

I don't feel very sympathetic to raiders, The hardest part to raiding is putting up with BS drama and kissing butt to stay on your raiding Team. If you haven't been paying attention as of late the player base making like a biblical exodus and leaving in droves and guilds are dropping like flies. if your not already on a raiding team your pretty much limited to Columi and BH Gear. It takes a weak or two to build up enough BH comms to get a single piece of gear Raiding is and always has been the easiest way to get gear.

All Bioware has done is made it so I no longer have any reason to do EOT. Infact I can pretty much put the Black Hole at the bottom of my daily to do list. As it stands Ilum dailies have the best pay out. fallowed by Belsavis which unlike the black hole only requires one lengthy load screen rather then two and I can solo all the heroics.

Lost Island ... no point in even attempting this POS Flashpoint. Denova SM I wont touch it past the tanks as there's no reason for it. Kaon ... unless it applies to my weakly (it probably doesn't as it didn't pre 1.4) I may as well exit it every time I get dropped in it from GF.

Simply put all that being accomplished here is bio ware is taking away people's reasons to play. I may as well go back to an actual game that really is Skill based like a FPS or a MMOCFS like Aces High or Warbirds. These are games where some poorly equipped player can still hand you your arse simply because he is better (more skilled) then you.

Edited by Major_Mayhem

Skill ? Your joking right? FPS, RTS, and CSF games are Skill based. RPMMO's Take very little skill, Gear based ones take even less. That being said ..... THIS IS A GEAR BASED GAME! it has next to no honest skill requirements. Even in PVP, which does requires a little bit of knowledge and skill, is still more dependent on gear.

The only reason this game has any bit of a learning curve is because it does not include a players manual and at best has a piss poor online players guide.

I don't feel very sympathetic to raiders, The hardest part to raiding is putting up with BS drama and kissing butt to stay on your raiding Team. If you haven't been paying attention as of late the player base making like a biblical exodus and leaving in droves and guilds are dropping like flies. if your not already on a raiding team your pretty much limited to Columi and BH Gear. It takes a weak or two to build up enough BH comms to get a single piece of gear Raiding is and always has been the easiest way to get gear.

All Bioware has done is made it so I no longer have any reason to do EOT. Infact I can pretty much put the Black Hole at the bottom of my daily to do list. As it stands Ilum dailies have the best pay out. fallowed by Belsavis which unlike the black hole only requires one lengthy load screen rather then two and I can solo all the heroics.

Lost Island ... no point in even attempting this POS Flashpoint. Denova SM I wont touch it past the tanks as there's no reason for it. Kaon ... unless it applies to my weakly (it probably doesn't as it didn't pre 1.4) I may as well exit it every time I get dropped in it from GF.

Simply put all that being accomplished here is bio ware is taking away people's reasons to play. I may as well go back to an actual game that really is Skill based like a FPS or a MMOCFS like Aces High or Warbirds. These are games where some poorly equipped player can still hand you your arse simply because he is better (more skilled) then you.

Thanky you Sir. This is like the most honest and comprehensive statement on the whole gearing and raiding thing. Hark BW this is the truth and nothing but the truth!

Instead of the word "skill" you can use knowledge of encounter mechanics ---- what is the main point in my point of view is that some people who do not want to do operations beyond a certain degree of difficulty, still think they are entitled to similar level gear. There is something wrong with that assessment.

Instead of the word "skill" you can use knowledge of encounter mechanics ---- what is the main point in my point of view is that some people who do not want to do operations beyond a certain degree of difficulty, still think they are entitled to similar level gear. There is something wrong with that assessment.

Umm FPs take the same "knowledge of encounter mechanics " as most ops. and lets be honest there is nothing here that you can't get from Darth hater or Youtube.

"some people who do not want to do operations beyond a certain degree of difficulty, still think they are entitled to similar level gear"

Umm some people can't as they can't get into a group to do them. I think I pointed this out People are leaving and guilds are dropping like fly's! Allot of people also have a problem kissing a 12 YO cellar dwelling megalomaniacs arse just to get in on a Denova HM.

Edited by Major_Mayhem

Umm FPs take the same "knowledge of encounter mechanics " as most ops. and lets be honest there is nothing here that you can't get from Darth hater or Youtube.

"some people who do not want to do operations beyond a certain degree of difficulty, still think they are entitled to similar level gear"

Umm some people can't as they can't get into a group to do them. I think I pointed this out People are leaving and guilds are dropping like fly's! Allot of people also have a problem kissing a 12 YO cellar dwelling megalomaniacs arse just to get in on a Denova HM.

Haha Exactly. Thats why I quit my former guild, I got sick of that *** kissing, its simply not in my character. Unfortunately it aint that easy to get in any proper raid group as a freelancer

And who's going to do LI when you might aswell do some much easier FP? Not to say that it's hard now that it has been significally nerfed but there's still more room for errors than in some of the tier 1 flashpoints.

Actually, I don't see why you would do anything but LI now. Queueing for a random T1 means you've got a good chance of getting Kaon, D7, FE... one of the painfully long and boring instances. Since LI is alone in the T2 queue you're guaranteed a 20 minute run where the bosses are semi-fun.

ok, I am following from your proclamation that some people can't get into groups to do operations. But then we turn back into 0....then what is the point...in getting 61 gear? Aside from facerolling the content you already do (Tier 1 -2 Flashpoints - Dailies - Questing) ?

Did they remove it?

its another bug im sure, just like the weeklies that are missing that the community people have spoken to. rerally thought this was a known bug before todays patch, but looking back i dont see anything about it in the dev tracker.

Thanky you Sir. This is like the most honest and comprehensive statement on the whole gearing and raiding thing. Hark BW this is the truth and nothing but the truth!
Games that are persistent and have gear with stats will always be gear-based games. Gear makes up for most of the reason why you get beat by someone else in gear-based games, skill makes up the rest of it. You're not saying anything new. This isn't an FPS, this isn't an RTS, this isn't Street Fighter 4000. This is an MMO. Might as well complain about how terrible the storyline is in PacMan or why there's no pass interference in NFL Blitz.

Allot of people also have a problem kissing a 12 YO cellar dwelling megalomaniacs arse just to get in on a Denova HM.

1) Then why don't those disgruntled people form their own guild to raid with?

2) Sorry, but immaturity, narcissim, and backstabbing don't just happen to raiders, or "12 YO cellar dwelling..." people. If you think that, then you haven't been in the work force long enough.

3) I'm pretty sure FPS's that you love to promote are chock full of the same levels of maturity. You'll get the civilized ones who will say "gg", and the others that will sit on your face as they call you a noob.

Edited by Lostpenguins

There may not be twitch-based skill, but there is skill nonetheless. I've seen healers barely break a sweat in HM EC and I've seen others struggle to keep a group alive in False Emperor. I've seen a dps solo Chasing the Shadow (with healing pet) and I've seen another unable to kill their Infernal Council member despite wearing black hole gear. Player skill impacts this game.

I suppose you're right, but I found plenty of threads on this forum and on others (mmo-mechanics) that were very helpful at getting good at my class.

I'm sorry you've had bad experiences with raiding groups. I actually made good friends with several of the people I've raided with. I imagine that we'll probably stay in touch for a long time as we've had a good time doing group content together.

Fair enough.

POS Flashpoint? Are you saying this because you weren't skilled enough to beat it?

Lost Island is my FAVORITE flashpoint. I run it because it is fun and the only one that is challenging. I also like to bring new guildies through it, especially if they've had troubles with it in the past -- they have a sense of pride and accomplishment beating LR-5 for the first time.

Look, if the game isn't fun, then stop playing it. But are you really saying that the extra BH comms were the only reason you kept playing?

Edited by Khevar

You forget that not all ppl have the time to be around at raid schedules. Doesnt have anything to do with skill imo. And ppl talk like EC is rocket-science it isnt. Anyone with half a brain can understand the game mechanics and beat it by meeting minimum gear requirements.

During our progression raid nights we were raiding 2 nights per week for a total of 2.5-3 hours. Once we had it on farm (ie cleared it in a night) we were finishing it in 90 mins, 2 hours tops.

Scheduling 2 hours a week shouldn't be hard even for the most casual of players.