★★ Shinarika VI ★★

Xinika

Youtube:

Jedi Shadow PvP

Watchmen

The Corsair

Specs used:

10/0/31 "Balance PvP" spec. (http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601McMcZZcMfRrMkrfz.1)

2/31/8 "Infil-Kill" spec. (http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#60...rRkhMbtzZf0c.1)

31/0/10 "Kinetic PvP" spec. (http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601bIrokrskbsZZf0cM.1)

Notes:

Sixth episode of the Shinarika series that truly takes the meaning of Shadow PvP to it's limit. Balance, Kinetic and Infiltration are all featured in this video. Each spec having it's respective action-filled punches. With not another moment to spare, we present to you: Shinarika VI.

This video is a personal favourite of mine and I hope you enjoy the material presented to you. A special thanks to PSI and the support they've gave me in this series. Without them, there would be no Shinarika. Also, a shoutout to all Watchmen for bearing with me, despite the hard times I'm experiencing right now. Oh, and, come home Kitty... come home...

Track List:

From Software - Red Butterfly

The Living End - End of the World

Alphastates - Champagne Glass

Metric - Succexy

Phoenix - 1901

Eric Serra - Little Light of Love

Tools:

PSI

Watchmen

Sony Vegas

Fraps

Edited by Xinika

Easily your best video, it's quite interresting to watch how your play style has changed and improved over the video's. I see a lot less circle-strafing and a lot more positionally aware play, im not sure if you agree or not but i would say your play style is now one of the best i have seen to date. Very polished and slick play, good video, enjoyable to watch.

Many thanks :)

p.s. thanks for the madness :)

Easily your best video, it's quite interresting to watch how your play style has changed and improved over the video's. I see a lot less circle-strafing and a lot more positionally aware play, im not sure if you agree or not but i would say your play style is now one of the best i have seen to date. Very polished and slick play, good video, enjoyable to watch.

Many thanks :)

p.s. thanks for the madness :)

I'd like to personally thank you for employing me to chase after something different and I am in full agreement with you in terms of looking over how I've improved from 1-6. It's another reason I create these videos is to also help me improve. Again, a special thanks to you for showing me that there's more dimensions to the meta-game.

Nice video shin and nice to see you keep on going good.

So question yet again.

Has your gear improved any different or any changes made to modifications or enhacements?

And now as you have tried all 3 spec, can you comment on which you found the most entertaining and which mayhap you found the most effective. And while we are on it, can you comment strengths and weaknesses of the three?

Thanks.

I have a quick question if you wouldn't mind.

I have been wondering if you wait for particle acceleration before using project?

Or do you simply use project on every cooldown in order to use 3 stacks of Harnessed shadows more often?

Thx for your help!

Nice video shin and nice to see you keep on going good.

So question yet again.

Has your gear improved any different or any changes made to modifications or enhacements?

And now as you have tried all 3 spec, can you comment on which you found the most entertaining and which mayhap you found the most effective. And while we are on it, can you comment strengths and weaknesses of the three?

Thanks.

From 5-6, it's minor improvements such as replacing champ mods with BM mods. (You should already know what mods I'm using :p) I've also added a BM-Enforcer's accuracy enhancement to make sure I stay at hit cap. (Replaced the champion one in my helmet.)

Kinetic/Darkness

Unfortunately, this is still the strongest PvP tree for us and also the one that I have the least fun with. I don't like the playstyle. I rolled a Shadow because I wanted to perform with my lightsaber. This isn't fulfilling that role, but nevertheless, IS the prime PvP spec. With that in mind, note that it's also the worst tank. Yes, it is. Guardians and Vanguards can excel in group situations under the backing of a healer better than KC/Darkness tanks. They also have more passive mitigation, making them a better choice. Our mitigation is self heals, through lightning or TK. Both of which are easily interrupted.

Infiltration/Deception

My favourite spec because I love the whirling saber. However, I've come to the realization that this is indeed the worst spec in our trees. Speaking purely on a competitive level with players that have half a brain, the "glorious" burst of this spec will possibly never happen in ranked wzs. Not to mention, it's horrible survivability makes it an easy target to pick and one rightfully to kill, immediately. Fun playstyle but highly ineffective in group combat.

Balance/Madness

If there's a DPS Shadow/Sin to be picked, then this would be the right way to go. The spec can use some minor tweaks to survivability but packs a punch. It's highly underrated and devalued. Sever Force is an amazing tool. I've stopped ball carriers, saved healers and kited people around to pull off 1v2s (see last fight in vid :p). I should also mention that this is also the most difficult spec of our trees to truly master because it utilizes both melee and casting.

I have a quick question if you wouldn't mind.

I have been wondering if you wait for particle acceleration before using project?

Or do you simply use project on every cooldown in order to use 3 stacks of Harnessed shadows more often?

Thx for your help!

It's important to have 3 stacks of Harnessed Shadows up, in case you need to heal. So I generally go getting the stacks up as soon as possible.

Nice vid. Recording yourself has really raised your game hasn't it? I think I need to do that so I can better see the glarring mistakes I make to polish up my game.

Keep making more. Very entertaining.

Thanks :) doing videos and reviewing your playstyle is a great way of helping not just others but yourself.

What spec have you been using the past few days? I just started pvp on the corsair and I've noticed that 1 on 1 you're a bit squishy but if you have a healer you're unstoppable.

I use all 3 specs now. KC is the least dependent on a healer.

Nice video - what software are you using to record?

I have a full version of fraps but the frame rate drops greatly when i crank it up

Fraps. I have a high powered laptop, so recording drops my FPS by probably 1~5 tops.

Look, I understand that you’re proud of all you’ve accomplished in this game, and rightfully so. However, I think that there and positive and healthy ways that you can express that pride and there are also negative and unhealthy ways. I think posting threads on the forums and making youtube videos about how awesome you are is very much in the former category.

However, I think that being a berating and being a dick to everyone you play against is perhaps approaching the latter. And making imperial alts so that you can further insult your opponents on the imperial fleet general channel is completely unnecessary.

I think that there and positive and healthy ways that you can express that pride and there are also negative and unhealthy ways

I think that being a berating and being a dick to everyone you play against is perhaps approaching the latter. And making imperial alts so that you can further insult your opponents on the imperial fleet general channel is completely unnecessary.

Here here!

Shin, maybe someday you'll be half as good as you think you are. Until then, you're just a whiny, mouthy brat.

All of you who admire shin for how she plays and for posting these helpful vids, feel free to. Copy her play style if it suits you. I used to respect her, even as an opponent, until I discovered how much of an *** she really is. Don't copy that. The game deserves better.

Stay hot shin. Love ya babe.

Here here!

Shin, maybe someday you'll be half as good as you think you are. Until then, you're just a whiny, mouthy brat.

All of you who admire shin for how she plays and for posting these helpful vids, feel free to. Copy her play style if it suits you. I used to respect her, even as an opponent, until I discovered how much of an *** she really is. Don't copy that. The game deserves better.

Stay hot shin. Love ya babe.

My good Sir.

As long as Shin is providing good information for the community, and has helped many of us improve our own shadows/assassins through debates on e.g power/willpower, I suggest personal conflicts and vendettas stay out of it. Most of us, and myself are here to provide and read on topics, both good and bad about our respective class. So if you and others have a problem with her, please take it to the right forums or in a private convo, cause this is something we dont need to read nor has any relevancy for this thread.

And no im not a Shin fan or the such, but i show admiration and respect to people who actually can provide solid info and help the community as whole.

What is it that you actually want? What is the composition of your ideal world? Is it to not have any imps to play against? Because that's exactly what you're accomplishing. All of your **** talking makes the environment very not fun. And honestly, we get it. We really, really do. You are quite good. You have all the power. We admit it. Now is there any way we can convince you to stop **** talking?

Whatever I pvped today and still you were running your mouth. You can choose to ignore reasoned request and **** talk to your heart's content, just know there will be consequences. I still have screenshots of the day you chose to make imp alts for the sole purpose of harassing and verbally abusing us. I will report you and encourage any pvp group I'm in to do the same.

My good Sir.

As long as Shin is providing good information for the community, and has helped many of us improve our own shadows/assassins through debates on e.g power/willpower, I suggest personal conflicts and vendettas stay out of it. Most of us, and myself are here to provide and read on topics, both good and bad about our respective class. So if you and others have a problem with her, please take it to the right forums or in a private convo, cause this is something we dont need to read nor has any relevancy for this thread.

And no im not a Shin fan or the such, but i show admiration and respect to people who actually can provide solid info and help the community as whole.

You're right that his threads and videos are very valuable. However I think that you're wrong that it isn't relevant. All of this value for you comes at the expense of us that actually need to play on the corsair. People watching movies like Homeward Bound appreciate knowing that the animals weren't harmed in the making of the movie. By your logic they shouldn't do that because it's not relevant to the quality of the movie.

The videos are fantastic though, I just wish we could have them without the other stuff.

Why do you guys make posts without the sacks to say your names? :). Also, the tatic I'm using is working. Has been working and is seemingly continue to be working. Why should we stop doing what we do?

Hate me- Thanks :D!

Love me- Thanks :D!

What is it that you actually want? What is the composition of your ideal world? Is it to not have any imps to play against? Because that's exactly what you're accomplishing. All of your **** talking makes the environment very not fun. And honestly, we get it. We really, really do. You are quite good. You have all the power. We admit it. Now is there any way we can convince you to stop **** talking?

Whatever I pvped today and still you were running your mouth. You can choose to ignore reasoned request and **** talk to your heart's content, just know there will be consequences. I still have screenshots of the day you chose to make imp alts for the sole purpose of harassing and verbally abusing us. I will report you and encourage any pvp group I'm in to do the same.

Try being in my shoes for one day before you or any of your friends make posts like these.;)

The sad part is you will take the time and effort to encourage people to report Shin and the Watchmen for talking ****, but you can't take the time and effort to improve your game or coordinate with your team and maybe... just maybe WIN a WZ against us. You are the reason imps are quitting the server, not us.

Try being in my shoes for one day before you or any of your friends make posts like these.;)

I don't really see how that's a constructive answer to the many questions I posed you. It's physically impossible. You're being vague and cryptic. You mentioned some personal problems, you think that gives you the right to put other people down?

The sad part is you will take the time and effort to encourage people to report Shin and the Watchmen for talking ****, but you can't take the time and effort to improve your game or coordinate with your team and maybe... just maybe WIN a WZ against us. You are the reason imps are quitting the server, not us.

I don't think any of us really have a problem with the watchmen as a whole, I certainly don't. And I don't really have an issue with losing either. I think you missed the point somewhere.

If it's part of some grand strategy I guess I can accept that. It just sucks that I need to take the time to tell my friends to ignore shinarika before inviting them to play this awesome game with me.

I was just hoping we could have a rational discussion about how your guild member makes other people feel and gives your whole guild a bad reputation. However I can see that isn't going to happen. You also have a fair point though. so I'll just put her on ignore, move on and work on improving.

Edited by Aequitatis