should i start from lv 65 story or lvl 1 ?

Sirefi

The levelling process is very quick these days, so I'd recommend you start your first character at level 1 so you get more of a chance to familiarize yourself with all aspects of the game (controls, skills, etc), before jumping into end-game.

Adding on to what was said above, the endgame is heavily story-influenced. I am a new player too; I created a level 1 account to get used to the basics and then created a boosted (lvl. 65) character to check out the endgame.

KOTET is quite long. If I have been informed correctly, there are a total of 8 chapters and each chapter takes anywhere from 45-90 minutes, depending on what optional objectives/quests you decide to follow.

So, the verdict? I would recommend making a new character, for the same reasons as stated in the reply above me. If you want to give KOTET a shot, feel free to do so - you can always log out and return when you've finished one of the chapters and have returned to a safe area. However, you may find yourself scratching your head in some areas and your choices pre-endgame are already determined. This, for me, makes creating and developing a new character more worthwhile, as I prefer to make my own choices and like to have an understanding of the story-so-far.

Edited by jaczandykher

I have trouble even imaging wanting to skip the stories since they are the heart and soul of the game - the endgame ...not so much. But each of us plays in our own way and yours hopefully is as good for you as mine is for me.

That said - I do not agree with the advice given above. Taking you seriously when you say you have no interest in the story - create a 65. You can always go to a lower level area and learn the commands and the skills - you will even get experience for it since the game automatically lowers your level when you visit a low level area.

Maybe even better - create a level one to learn the really basic things. Get it to 5 or 10 or 20 until you are comfortable with playing it. Then delete it and create your 65 assuming you remain uninterested in the story. This approach will only "waste" a few hours and it is easier to learn the basic with a new level 1.

Edited by istvana

• 2 weeks later...

If you're serious about not caring about the story then I would say go ahead and make a boosted character. However, I would warn you that this is a very story-driven MMO and that is a big reason why many people play this game. I would normally highly recommend new players to play at least their first character from level 1.

A few notes about boosted characters for new players:

A boosted character has their class story, companion conversations, and previous expansion content autocompleted. This is done though default dialog options. All of the content is completed as if you actually played through but with preset choices. You can never go back and do any of this content, including companion conversations. You can never romance class companions with boosted characters and you do not receive any titles you'd normally get from the story.

Again, I'd highly recommend that any new players start at level 1 and play though all the relevant content at their own pace. To speed things along, you can level doing only purple missions. These are your class story and planet story arcs. You can choose to skip the planet story arcs if you want to, but you will probably have to fill that in with something else like Heroics or Flashpoints.

Edited by Anduhar

A boosted character has their class story, companion conversations, and previous expansion content autocompleted. This is done though default dialog options. All of the content is completed as if you actually played through but with preset choices. You can never go back and do any of this content, including companion conversations. You can never romance class companions with boosted characters and you do not receive any titles you'd normally get from the story.

Boosted characters *also* don't contribute to collecting the class buff effects from other classes, nor the Heroic Moment abilities.