Classes with the most fun DPS rotation.

Besoffen

I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on some of the classes with a fun DPS rotation that is more than spamming one to two abilities whenever off of its cooldown. When I get to 50 I plan on doing operations and I'm looking for a class that can keep up with some top DPS classes (not necessarily the highest DPS class) while being fun to play. Any information on this would be much appreciated!

I find any of the snipers specs are decent, same with lightening sorcs, and annihilation marauders.

Stay away from arsenal mercs. madness sorcs, carnage marauders, pyro or rage anything :p

A friend have told me assault spec for the PT is rather fun, and better then pyro, but i have no experience with it myself.

I have no experience on OPs or Sin dps specs, or vengeance juggs, hopefully someone else can cover those.

Like the above poster, I find sniper/gunslinger specs to be pretty fun, particularly DF/Lethality or one of its hybrids.

Arsenal/Gunnery merc/commando is fun to play as an offspec (if you enjoy healing), but gets really dull and repetitive rather quickly if you play it as your main spec.

I found vengeance guardians to be similar in that they're fun to play for short durations, but it wasn't my thing...more because of it being melee than anything else. The rotations itself are a more fun than merc.

I have had the most fun with scrapper scoundrel/concealment op dps rotation. There's a lot to watch, and the upper hand and energy tier mechanic (and even cover on occasion) keeps you on your toes. I know I talked about how they were a little too weak in a previous thread here, but that doesn't stop them from being a lot of fun. Edited by Stenrik

It depends what you find fun: (1) pretty graphics, (2) lots of abilities in the rotation or (3) rotations that require thought. SImilarly, some people really enjoy DoT specs (4) or seeing big numbers (5) flying off the enemy.

For 1: I strongly recommend Arsenal Merc or AP PT, they just loot amazing. Some people really like the Force Lightning look, in which case I'd add Lightning Sorc to the list. IMO, the mirrors of these classes don't look as cool, and this is probably the only criterion were mirror classes aren't equal.

For 2: Vigilance Guardian/Vengence Jugg are great, the rotation is a little borked due to Plasma Brand CD vs DoT duration but thats for another thread. I suspect a few of the Marauder/Sentinel specs are in this category too but I've yet to bite the bullet and make one.

For 3: Vig Guard/Veng Jugg again. Scrapper/Concealment. I've heard that Annihilation Marauders (and the Sent tree but the name escapes me) are also pretty tough to play well but again can't confirm. Alternatively, roll a tank or healer: that's where the real thought is.

For 4: Lethality Sniper/Dirty Fighting 'Slinger or Madness/Balance ACs are pretty much the bread and butter here. All are pretty fun but take a bit to set up and don't change targets very quickly. Great on bosses, sub par on trash.

For 5: Marksman Sniper and PT Pyro/Assault Vanguard probably have the biggest discreet hits. Honestly, despite the simple rotations, they are both a lot of fun. Sniper having more utility and general abilities than Pyro/Assault. Worth noting that Sniper has bigger numbers fly off the enemy than 'Slinger due to weapon mechanics (1 big hit vs 2 smaller hits).

I'll also highlight someone further up wrote that Assault was a fun spec for PT. Assault is the Vanguard mirror of Pyro. That same person was claiming that Pyro wasn't what you were after.

I'll prob be alone on this one but I have found that Scrapper Scoundrel is by far the most fun dps spec I have ever played in an MMO. You don't nessesarly have a rotation; its more like a priority system depending on if you are at ranged, melee, low on energy, ext. While it is almost entirely melee ranged, you have some very hard hitting ranged abilities that you can use if knocked back AND you are the only melee class to have a ranged int erupt which is very useful. I still pump out 1600 dps even after all the nerfs they gave them early on. Edited by bryceman

• 2 weeks later...

Assault Commando

The only part of that fight which is scripted is my soft start on the boss so I don't do real damage until the 4th GCD, at which point a whole lot of big hits happen.

May look chaotic but I know what I'm doing and as you watch I'm doing over 1600dps... while doing all the other things...

Assault Commando

The only part of that fight which is scripted is my soft start on the boss so I don't do real damage until the 4th GCD, at which point a whole lot of big hits happen.

May look chaotic but I know what I'm doing and as you watch I'm doing over 1600dps... while doing all the other things...

You really like that video, don't you…

Most of the DPS in my group are parsing north of 1900 on the dummy, and in the 1700-1800 range on bosses. 1600 is good, but not as impressive as you seem to think. If you used keybinds at all, you might see some improvement.

Assault commando is a fun spec to play though, I don't disagree with that part of it.

You really like that video, don't you…

Most of the DPS in my group are parsing north of 1900 on the dummy, and in the 1700-1800 range on bosses. 1600 is good, but not as impressive as you seem to think. If you used keybinds at all, you might see some improvement.

Assault commando is a fun spec to play though, I don't disagree with that part of it.

Bring it then.

Show me one of your crew dpsing from the ground and beating 1630 in nightmare, should be easy enough right? I made dozens of minor errors and my ammo usage wasn't perfect in that kill.

I'm going to respec to the low movement high dummy score branch and call you on 1900dps: http://www.torparse.com/a/55075/time/1353690519/1353690899

I don't even play that branch and I can call you on the dps you think is impressive without even trying.

Now see if you can match me from my seat in the house.

Edited by Gyronamics

Bring it then.

Show me one of your crew dpsing from the ground and beating 1630 in nightmare, should be easy enough right? I made dozens of minor errors and my ammo usage wasn't perfect in that kill.

I'm going to respec to the low movement high dummy score branch and call you on 1900dps: http://www.torparse.com/a/55075/time/1353690519/1353690899

I don't even play that branch and I can call you on the dps you think is impressive without even trying.

Now see if you can match me from my seat in the house.

I can't because we put a healer on the ground, which is a vastly superior strategy in terms of flexibility and DPS levels. (As mentioned in other threads) I'll give you a parse from on the tank though once I have one. I don't DPS for our group, so I can't just pull up one of my own parses. We also haven't had much time in nightmare mode, as I've been traveling since before 1.5 dropped.

• 4 weeks later...
Recently finished leveling all ACs (each archtype) to 50. From my experience I've had the most fun with vengeance jugs and annihilation maras on the melee side. On the ranged side I prefer lightning sorcs and lethality snipers. I also enjoy the pyro spec for both mercs and PTs. Granted I am partial toward DoT based specs, but there really isn't an objective answer to this question anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
I have played every type of advanced class in the game, and to me the Scarrper Scoundrel/Concealment Operative is the most fun, and great in Raids. I have hit almost 1900 in MOX with my Scoundrel on my OPs Dummy. The rotation is short and easy. Don't listen to the haters, if you play this class right, you can get through anything.

I have played every type of advanced class in the game, and to me the Scarrper Scoundrel/Concealment Operative is the most fun, and great in Raids. I have hit almost 1900 in MOX with my Scoundrel on my OPs Dummy. The rotation is short and easy. Don't listen to the haters, if you play this class right, you can get through anything.

Yup no matter the "dps difference" between classes, any dps class played by a skilled player is enough as long as they are not in columi trying to clear EC NiM.

1. Pyro for the animations. The rotation can get boring at times, but I love burning my foes into oblivion.

2. Lethality/Engineering Sniper: The rotation is one of the hardest to manage, and I get a thrill out of playing it. There are so many skills to manage and energy management is a pain. The risk/reward of this build is the highest in the game.

Edited by bbare

• 2 weeks later...
In PVP yes, most likely

In PVE... it doesn't apply at all.

Keybinds help tremendously in pve. Topping the charts in a fight revolves around maximizing uptime. If you have keybinds, it makes it much easier to maximize the amount of time you are on the target.

• 2 weeks later...