Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Stop forcing Group content


IoNonSoEVero's Avatar


IoNonSoEVero
07.18.2018 , 02:53 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiesu View Post
They're rising their voice because in amazement that someone plays an mmo never wants to interact with another player... That's what single-player games are for.
(snip)
No, you're not showing any respect to another playstyle that is valid. You're justifying bashing another player and denigrating them because they don't play the way YOU want and how YOU see an MMO. Everything you're saying, about solo players "wetting their undies" and whining because they actually want content they can play just demonstrates that lack of respect.

This isn't a game just for raiders or PvPers. This is a game for numerous playstyles, solo play has always been a big part of it and possible for almost all the content, and it's been that way since Day One. If you can't accept that, it's your issue. Not solo players'. They have a right to ask for content they want, just as you have a right to complain endlessly that the devs don't give you enough opportunities to run around in a pack and bash things.

If that's the tack one takes, then you can't expect solo players to support raiders or PvPers, or to support content for them. Period.

You've made your thoughts on this clear, but I do hope you realize that all you've done is reinforce the stereotypes of raiders as aggressive, overbearing and unpleasant people who want to push their playstyles on everyone and have no respect for other players.

Kiesu's Avatar


Kiesu
07.18.2018 , 03:18 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
No, you're not showing any respect to another playstyle that is valid. You're justifying bashing another player and denigrating them because they don't play the way YOU want and how YOU see an MMO. Everything you're saying, about solo players "wetting their undies" and whining because they actually want content they can play just demonstrates that lack of respect.

This isn't a game just for raiders or PvPers. This is a game for numerous playstyles, it's been that way since Day One, and if you can't accept that, it's your issue. Not solo players'. They have a right to ask for content they want, just as you have a right to complain endlessly that the devs don't give you enough opportunities to run around in a pack and bash things.

If that's the tack one takes, then you can't expect solo players to support raiders or PvPers, or to support content for them. Period. It's just reinforcing the stereotypes of raiders as aggressive, overbearing jerks who want to push their playstyles on everyone and have no respect for other players.
...Did you even read my previous comment? ANY of my previous comments?
Ok, let me say it to you, for like the 10th time... I AM NOT SAYING THIS IS A GAME JUST FOR RAIDERS AND PVPERS AND NOT FOR SOLOS/CASUALS. QUOTE ME SAYING THAT OR SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT IT BECAUSE THAT IS A FALSE STATEMENT AND YOU'RE ACTIVELY TRYING TO PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH. Quote now pls. Or stop. Just stop.
These false accusations are all in your head, you won't find me ever saying anything of the sort..

Let me quote myself on what I just said previously because I think you missed it:
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiesu View Post
Just because one aspect of a game is solo or multiplayer, doesnt make the entire game solo or multiplayer, that's why we have game genres to dictate what it is primarly.
Xcom is solo game but it was versus mode for those who want it, it's still a single-player game. Mass Effect has multiplayer option but it's still a single-player game. Heartstone has solo campaign but it's still a multiplayer game. Street Fighter has single player story mode but it's still a multiplayer game. SWTOR has soloable content but it's still a massively MULTIPLAYER online game.
This is why people rise their hands in awe when someone comes in and says "hey you know that multiplayer game you are playing, it's actually a single player game because I personally play it that way, the genre dont mean anything!". Because genre does mean something. It's not just the icing on the cake, it's the actual cake. That additional content outside of the actual genre/cake, is the icing, not the other way around. Insisting anything else is just wrong.

NOBODY is telling you not to play Heartstone if the solo campaign and bot game is all you want out of it. But if you go on their forum and go "BRO this is clearly a single player game, it got a campaign!" and demand every weekly pvp event should be made pve because reasons, yeah you're going to get some real long looks.

So. You like playing the story. Theres plenty story. It can be done solo or multiplayer. Does that make SWTOR a singleplayer game? No. There is a lot more content that can be done multiplayer, than there is content that can be done solo-only. Hence the game genre being MMO.
Yes undies was a harsh comment I admit... But doesn't change the main culprit of the issue you described.
Also did I mention that you casuals have gotten far more content than pvp/raiders during the past 3 years? Yeah, I did. How are we pushing anything on you? What exactly are we pushing on you? Tell me this. Because as far as I have seen from reading this thread, they have just stated the state of multiplayer content. Not pushing anything on you. Maybe a quote would help here, too. Find a quote of "groupers" making you do things you don't want to.
It's just you yelling that everyone is being mean at you. I'm not getting upset, why are you?
Refer!
What made Origin stories superior to KotFE/ET? All 8 story characters could co-exist.
Level and world designer, comic artist, general RP nerd and occasional snark novelist. Arts
Oldie from Legions of Lettow to Tomb of Freedon Nadd, to Red Eclipse to Darth Malgus.

IoNonSoEVero's Avatar


IoNonSoEVero
07.18.2018 , 03:44 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiesu View Post
.
(snip)
Now you're just ranting, and again, just reinforcing every negative stereotype about raiders as being aggressive, rude and unpleasant. I think we're done here. You've repeatedly bashed and denigrated solo players, claim they've ruined the game and justified negative responses toward them, and you continue to do so.

If you don't think this is a game only for raiders and groupers, then there's no reason to complain if changes are made that benefit solo or casual players, if they get content or if there are nerfs made for them. There's no reason to "express amazement" if someone says they don't want to group or ask them "why are you in this game?" But all you've done is rant and rave about how they've spent time on those play styles, and how you personally wouldn't get anything out of solo flashpoints.

If you can't read my points and are going to shout and get upset, no point continuing this conversation. /blocked.

Kiesu's Avatar


Kiesu
07.18.2018 , 03:52 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
Now you're just ranting, and again, just reinforcing every negative stereotype about raiders as being aggressive, rude and unpleasant. I think we're done here. You've repeatedly bashed and denigrated solo players, claim they've ruined the game and justified negative responses toward them, and you continue to do so.

If you don't think this is a game only for raiders and groupers, then there's no reason to complain if changes are made that benefit solo or casual players, if they get content or if there are nerfs made for them. There's no reason to "express amazement" if someone says they don't want to group or ask them "why are you in this game?" But all you've done is rant and rave about how they've spent time on those play styles, and how you personally wouldn't get anything out of solo flashpoints.

If you can't read my points and are going to shout and get upset, no point continuing this conversation. /blocked.
I see you didn't find me saying any of the things you claim I did, otherwise there would be a quote, like I asked for IN ALL CAPS. I don't like people lying trough their teeth :\
Yeah, we're done here. Slandering me didn't work out for you did it :P
It's funny you're telling me I'm upset too, when i literally just said I wasn't upset. So you weren't reading after all?

Too bad you couldn't see my side of the conversation, or even agree that MMO is an MMO and single player game is a single player game... Have a nice week.
Refer!
What made Origin stories superior to KotFE/ET? All 8 story characters could co-exist.
Level and world designer, comic artist, general RP nerd and occasional snark novelist. Arts
Oldie from Legions of Lettow to Tomb of Freedon Nadd, to Red Eclipse to Darth Malgus.

AlienEyeTX's Avatar


AlienEyeTX
07.18.2018 , 03:54 PM | #75
Just reading through the first couple of pages of comments... I think OP is just trolling. No rational person would believe that rewards should be the same regardless of difficulty of content. And if they do think that... well, they can just be prepared for disappointment.

Now, any mission should be able to be abandoned. I agree with that. Especially if it is not required for advancement. But ranting about it to CS is pretty pointless.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku

Eloi_BG's Avatar


Eloi_BG
07.18.2018 , 04:03 PM | #76
"Forcing" group content is what made me discover group content, then fall in love with it, and the social aspect of it is the only reason I still play this game. This has been the experience of quite a few people I know.

"Forcing" group content is a good thing in MMOs. I agree that the Iokath operation mission should be abandonable (like every other op mission) for people that tried group content and didn't like it, and have some kind of OCD that prevents them from just ignoring that one mission you can untrack and kinda forget about, but it is ok (and a good thing) to have operations and flashpoints tie into the story.
Nemio the Acceptable Player

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
07.18.2018 , 04:14 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Eloi_BG View Post
"Forcing" group content is what made me discover group content, then fall in love with it, and the social aspect of it is the only reason I still play this game. This has been the experience of quite a few people I know.

"Forcing" group content is a good thing in MMOs. I agree that the Iokath operation mission should be abandonable (like every other op mission) for people that tried group content and didn't like it, and have some kind of OCD that prevents them from just ignoring that one mission you can untrack and kinda forget about, but it is ok (and a good thing) to have operations and flashpoints tie into the story.
Not anymore, ppl hate to spend time to group now, they prefer quick drop in group content which is why MOB became so popular.
http://www.swtor.com/r/5trH8B

My Referral Code.

Kiesu's Avatar


Kiesu
07.18.2018 , 04:31 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Eloi_BG View Post
"Forcing" group content is what made me discover group content, then fall in love with it, and the social aspect of it is the only reason I still play this game. This has been the experience of quite a few people I know.

"Forcing" group content is a good thing in MMOs. I agree that the Iokath operation mission should be abandonable (like every other op mission) for people that tried group content and didn't like it, and have some kind of OCD that prevents them from just ignoring that one mission you can untrack and kinda forget about, but it is ok (and a good thing) to have operations and flashpoints tie into the story.
Yeah, and not only the ops quests should be abandonable... The old story quests should be on the list too (I'm looking at you, 7 years old ilum quest still sitting there in my journal. And some of those side-objectives for class quests are the same). So far I've just untracked them. There's plenty of space for other missions fortunately.

Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Not anymore, ppl hate to spend time to group now, they prefer quick drop in group content which is why MOB became so popular.
Certainly looks that way, all these millennials staring at their phones all day
You take a coffee break at work and the first thing the young folk do is dig up their phone to make sure no chit chat involving them will ever happen!
Refer!
What made Origin stories superior to KotFE/ET? All 8 story characters could co-exist.
Level and world designer, comic artist, general RP nerd and occasional snark novelist. Arts
Oldie from Legions of Lettow to Tomb of Freedon Nadd, to Red Eclipse to Darth Malgus.

MichaelStuart's Avatar


MichaelStuart
07.18.2018 , 07:49 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Not anymore, ppl hate to spend time to group now, they prefer quick drop in group content which is why MOB became so popular.
Not going to lie, I feel finding people is more difficult than the actual content.

MichaelStuart's Avatar


MichaelStuart
07.18.2018 , 08:00 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiesu View Post
Certainly looks that way, all these millennials staring at their phones all day
You take a coffee break at work and the first thing the young folk do is dig up their phone to make sure no chit chat involving them will ever happen!
I once try talking to talk to old folks. Turns out we had nothing in common. In fact we kind of hate each other. Ruined both our days to honest.
Note: Not really.