Preparing for Level 50 (help please).

Sophikos

I keep reading about fresh 50s getting dominated in the 50-only bracket...this isn't exactly encouraging but is fair considering how well I do now in pug groups. My question is: how should I prepare for what happens in 7 levels when I reach 50? What do I do at 50 to counteract my ineptitude? How do you acquire the best gear? I already got the Champion bag (200 wz commendations 200 merc commendations)...but I don't even really know how it works...

Help please?!

You can get 14 champion bags the first day you are 50 (6 from weeklies, 2 from dailies, 1 from purchasing before 50 and 5 from having maxed commendations). So make sure to have maxed WZ/Merc commendations before hitting 50.

When you ding 50 get all the upgrades you can from planetary commendations, crafting, and/or the GTN (don't spend too much money). Head to Ilum and do the PVP daily/weekly there, your gear won't matter as much, especially if your server has a decent zerg vs. zerg going near a republic spawn point (if it doesn't you might have difficulty getting the weekly done). After that, do the heroic daily on the PVE side of Ilum to get an epic enhancement. Go to Belsavis, do the heroic dailies to get an epic mod and an epic armoring. Repeat these heroic dailies to continue to upgrade your gear.

Then, do the warzone daily/weekly with whatever gear upgrades you have gotten. Not going to lie, it will be rough compared to stomping PuGs in the 1-49 bracket.

If you don't have time to do all those things, prioritize the PVP dailies.

• 2 weeks later...
Just hit 50 and was able to get 5 bags right from the start which helps...now I've been trying to do the Ilum PVE stuff so I can start doing those dailies and the Belsavis one. The beginning of an uphill battle as I don't feel even geared enough to tank HMs...guess I will find out. Thanks again for all the advice!

I don't feel great about my servers economy right now as far as the GTN goes...I've already got mostly Orange gear (other than the Champion Bracer and Saber I got from my initial bags)...and mods are definitely not too prevalent at the GTN. I'm working through the Dailies on Ilum and Belsavis to get some good mods...just hoping my gear will be sufficient enough for me to tank HMs...my HP is around 15,000 now but I know that's not even close to what I need...still having fun though, although Ilum's PVP was definitely not encouraging as my server is just a bunch of Imps riding in circles trying to get the same armaments.