Bad form in Alderaan cantina

SweetOldBob

This afternoon I was winding down in the cantina in House Organa's area on Anderaan -- sending my crew off on tasks before I logged off -- when I was slaughtered by a level 50 troll.

That is so asinine! It's bad enough -- really, really bad -- for a level 50 player to gobble up level 30 opponents in single combat, but to hang out in a cantina?

I'm new to MMO. So far, I've really enjoyed the PvP stuff, but if this sort of thing happens much more, I'm switching to a PvE server.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This afternoon I was winding down in the cantina in House Organa's area on Anderaan -- sending my crew off on tasks before I logged off -- when I was slaughtered by a level 50 troll.

That is so asinine! It's bad enough -- really, really bad -- for a level 50 player to gobble up level 30 opponents in single combat, but to hang out in a cantina?

I'm new to MMO. So far, I've really enjoyed the PvP stuff, but if this sort of thing happens much more, I'm switching to a PvE server.

This is such a troll answer but "pvp happened"

I would say just roll on a PVE server now and save the hasle if you dont want to get killed.

There is no honor or skill in killing an opponent much lower in level than you. Those that do it should see a lot of negative things happening to them. A lost of status, increase to prices at the various vendors, if they continue loss of galatic market priviliges. Don't give me that crap about "hey this is a pvp server", of course it is and there is nothing wrong with PVP but slaughter of lower levels? There is no skill in that and only lazy cowards do it.

Sanction those that kill lower levels.

unfortunately the pvpers of MMOs sadly think that jumping underleveled undergeared people in areas that should be safe is pvp. its not, but they get kicks from it. Most pvpers should rename themselves, worthless skilless little ***** and have done with it as they generally run when faced with a fair fight, or even one that looks like they wont roflpwn it. Its not pvp, but sadly these people think it is.

This game sucks for world pvp anyway, you can level to max and never ever see a player of the opposing faction pretty easily.

This is what your guild is for. In WOW, when a Horde was camping and killing those trying to level, we just asked our guild for help. You can whine all you want on how a level 50 shouldn't be attacking a level 30 but that's really not going to achieve anything. If you don't want to die in PVP, roll on a PVE server.

My question as well. If you are on a PvP server and currently flagged active for PvP then yout 'attacker' was 100% within their rights to take you out.

As a question re: PVP servers (so far in TOR I've kept to PVE)- are there no "safe" spots and/or ways to turn off PVP? (most others I played at least gave you a place to park where you couldn't be ganked immediately on log). I agree 100% that PVP = unexpected death, but seems like a cantina should be different?

My question as well. If you are on a PvP server and currently flagged active for PvP then yout 'attacker' was 100% within their rights to take you out.

I believe the OPs point was---------------> WHY would a level 50 gank a level 30 that is minding their own business? It's not like the 30 was taunting the 50 (if the facts of the story are true).

On a PvP server, the answer is...... because they can, and they are probably repressed bullies in real life.

As for location being an cantina..... well isn't it bars where bullies like to gank people IRL? Maybe there should be elite bouncers in cantinas?

OP, record the name of the character and when you see him when you are level 50, pwn him over and over again. Cap players that gank players 20 levels below them are usually not very good at PvP.

Edited by Andryah