One week was enough, I am afraid...

MuratReis

I really wanted to like this game and the first seven days I did, but after that I realized how pointless crew skills were and the game just became a quest grind, which I find immensely boring. I didn't play yesterday and logged in today and had the same feeling I get when I log into WoW, which I quit years ago...Part of me wants to stick with this game, thinking that the developers will loosen up a bit and allow players to have the freedom to choose their game experience -- a competent crew skill system would be a great start -- but I'm almost sure they will follow the WoW model of instances/pvp battle grounds/questing. Well,...it was a fun 20 hrs or so, which I think is worth 50 bucks or so. If anyone sees good things coming for this game, please post as I would like to keep playing -- I just need some kind of motivation beyond questing...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=188257

read my post about crew skills imbalance

and don't give up hope

this game has a lot of potential if Bioware STARTS to listen the Pro Gamers..

They destroyed a crew skill that was supposed to make money in ONE WEEK. The game is too instanced which kills immersion entirely. When the lightsaber thing gets old theres nothing else to keep playing.

and don't give up hope

So instead of being a time sink and a harmless hobby game has to be dead-serious e-sport?

I beg to differ. Most whiners just can't wait for devs to come up with new content etc but instead want it all NOW OR UNSUB!!1ragelol

and don't give up hope

yeah right! For every pro gamer there is 10 window-licking, keyboard turning, "I fail in game but am a millionaire senator irl" players. They will listen to the scrubs who suck so bad that they are scarred about damage meters pulling their card of fail.

I really wanted to like this game and the first seven days I did, but after that I realized how pointless crew skills were and the game just became a quest grind, which I find immensely boring. I didn't play yesterday and logged in today and had the same feeling I get when I log into WoW, which I quit years ago...Part of me wants to stick with this game, thinking that the developers will loosen up a bit and allow players to have the freedom to choose their game experience -- a competent crew skill system would be a great start -- but I'm almost sure they will follow the WoW model of instances/pvp battle grounds/questing. Well,...it was a fun 20 hrs or so, which I think is worth 50 bucks or so. If anyone sees good things coming for this game, please post as I would like to keep playing -- I just need some kind of motivation beyond questing...

patience is dead in the world today........ :rolleyes:

They destroyed a crew skill that was supposed to make money in ONE WEEK. The game is too instanced which kills immersion entirely. When the lightsaber thing gets old theres nothing else to keep playing.

You know what happens when everyone knows there's a way to make money? And when everyone has tons of money prices go up and then no-one has no more creds to buy stuff altough they would have millions and millions.

Instancing does not break immersion for me. And just because only reason to try out this game FOR YOU was lightsabers it doesn't mean it's the same for all of us.

yeah right! For every pro gamer there is 10 window-licking, keyboard turning, "I fail in game but am a millionaire senator irl" players. They will listen to the scrubs who suck so bad that they are scarred about damage meters pulling their card of fail.

Im not sure what the hell you are even saying. Perhaps you need to take a breather. This game seems to be making you incomprehensible.

If that's true then those window-licking bad-boys pay the bills. Which makes them more important than you.

If you don't enjoy the story or questing, then why are you playing an RPG? If you don't have motivation, then don't play. Go find something else to do that you enjoy more.

It's like me posting in an FPS forum: "I don't like shooting the same things over and over, and being stuck with the whole 'find more ammo' grind."

The best reason to play this game right now IMO, are the Story lines...

There are 8 different unique Story lines.

One for each Advanced Class in the Game.

Then the stories for each of the 40 companions.

That is a lot of Cut Scenes and such...

As an MMO there are things that need improvement and things that need revamping. But Bioware has done good in the main thing they focused on.

I'd like to see PvP improvements, perhaps point control for completing Quests and storylines. Crafting along with selling the items you craft. I'd love a system where I could be contracted to make a BoP item for someone else. Buildable Player housing areas. An expanded Space system perhaps let my friends gun for me... Let one piolet the ship?

Still this is IMO the most Immersive MMO out there.

i really wanted to like this game and the first seven days i did, but after that i realized how pointless crew skills were and the game just became a quest grind, which i find immensely boring. I didn't play yesterday and logged in today and had the same feeling i get when i log into wow, which i quit years ago...part of me wants to stick with this game, thinking that the developers will loosen up a bit and allow players to have the freedom to choose their game experience -- a competent crew skill system would be a great start -- but i'm almost sure they will follow the wow model of instances/pvp battle grounds/questing. Well,...it was a fun 20 hrs or so, which i think is worth 50 bucks or so. If anyone sees good things coming for this game, please post as i would like to keep playing -- i just need some kind of motivation beyond questing...

ktnxbye

The best reason to play this game right now IMO, are the Story lines...

There are 8 different unique Story lines.

One for each Advanced Class in the Game.

Then the stories for each of the 40 companions.

That is a lot of Cut Scenes and such...

Guess that explains why Republic Twi'leks have only 3 face options with slight variations on shading to give the illusion of meaningful choices. Perhaps that's why 2 of some of the character creation options are the same art, if we're to call it that.

You mean like Age of Conan?

Yes that's sarcasm, but a perfect example.

You missed.

AoC actually made a pretty decent comeback content and gameplaywise. Too bad they went for f2p and pretty much killed all the interest towards that game.

People cry now and rage quite. But the game will only get better, and people will come back

Actually, people tend not to come back if they quit as a result of initial dissatisfaction. On the rare occasion they do come back, it's usually short-lived.

First impressions with MMORPGs are absolutely crucial.