*** with the crappy damage and range....

Drquasievil

I have a 16 Sniper, and last I checked 35 yrds is hardly a sniper shot, and a lev 16 should be able to take down an normal or lower lev 16 in 1 hit (or dang close to it). the average kenetic sniper shot is 400+yrds with a fair degree of accuracy(99%) is it realy to much to ask to dubble the standard range to 90, not 35. and beef up the shots a bit, 2 sniper shots to take a lev 11 trooper down and long before I could have gotten a second shot off he was on me... if the majority of people playing the game pay to play, then at least lets make the things that we CAN base in reality somewhat more relevent.

Mainly I would like to know where you got the tested data of the average kinetic shot distance and the math behind its propagation of accuracy error since this technology doesn't really exist. For all that matter, if we are talking about kinetic particles that are infinitely small like light then gravity would act less on them due to mass and there would be almost no limit to their accuracy range. To say it was only accurate to 400 meters would be based off the error due to a scope or sight visibility range.

Wait, 2 full Snipes? Because iirc, at that level 1 Snipe from me would drop a normal baddie to roughly 20% and a followup grenade or even basic rifle shot would finish them right off.

I'm not going to assume that you are doing something wrong, but you may want to check your gear and stats and ensure that they are up to par.

As far as the 90m shots? Never gonna happen, at least not without a huge reduction in the damage that we currently do - Sniper, as-is dps-wise with a 90m range would essentially be able to make just about any melee class its unwilling prison girlfriend without really batting an eye.

ETA: not that you have many skill points at 16, but I believe all mine were in MM at that point

Edited by Stressfire