Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Canon Planet Arc Choices?

Hadsil
11.16.2020 , 12:12 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by rashencyberspeed View Post
In that case, your headcanon exists in the "non-respectable" category. The only respectable headcanons work WITH canon, not against it.
I don't need your approval. It's my game with my characters. If you can't stand it, that's your problem.

FlameYOL
11.16.2020 , 07:41 AM | #12
In that case, your headcanon exists in the "non-respectable" category. The only respectable headcanons work WITH canon, not against it.
That's not how headcanon works.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

SteveTheCynic
11.16.2020 , 09:16 AM | #13
That's one honking big No True Scotsman(1) you have there.

(1) The more scholarly term is "appeal to purity".
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
?REDO FROM START

rashencyberspeed
11.16.2020 , 02:21 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Hadsil View Post
I don't need your approval. It's my game with my characters. If you can't stand it, that's your problem.
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
That's one honking big No True Scotsman(1) you have there.

(1) The more scholarly term is "appeal to purity".
I'm just stating facts.

What Hadsil is engaging in is Fanon Discontinuity.

Look, you are allowed to do what you want to have fun, there are plenty of good fanfics out there that ignore canon.

But I would appreciate it if you stop calling it a "headcanon" (a term that basically means "what I think happened", and not "what I wish happened", as you seem to think.)

(Sorry if I'm acting snippy, but I've has a LOT of bad experiences with people who are unable to accept that their headcanon isn't actual canon, and give undeserved criticism to work creators who dare to debunk them.

Note that doesn't mean that work creators always do things right. And it doesn't mean a fanverse can't be better than a canonverse. I just think it would be more accurate to call them fanverses than headcanons.)

Enskojare
11.19.2020 , 05:12 PM | #15
So I may or may not be looking into this a bit too much, but I was replaying the Republic Corellia story and I noticed something. At the start of the Story Arc, you have to rescue this Rep guy and a Selonian who were captured by the Imps. After you rescue them, the Selonian says that the Empire "smelled Selonian betrayal. Now they know we helped CorSec and the Republic. They attacked our homes."

The Selonians weren't serving the Empire during the Imp Story Arc, were they? Does this mean that canonically, one of the 8 Imp Class Characters who did the Imp Story spared the Selonians in exchange for them serving the Empire as opposed to telling Hesker and the Imperial Guard to kill them all?

JuventusAndFCK
11.19.2020 , 05:28 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Enskojare View Post
So I may or may not be looking into this a bit too much, but I was replaying the Republic Corellia story and I noticed something. At the start of the Story Arc, you have to rescue this Rep guy and a Selonian who were captured by the Imps. After you rescue them, the Selonian says that the Empire "smelled Selonian betrayal. Now they know we helped CorSec and the Republic. They attacked our homes."

The Selonians weren't serving the Empire during the Imp Story Arc, were they? Does this mean that canonically, one of the 8 Imp Class Characters who did the Imp Story spared the Selonians in exchange for them serving the Empire as opposed to telling Hesker and the Imperial Guard to kill them all?
I always assumed that they were using the word "betrayed" in a more general sense. Remember, the Empire viewed Corellia as lawfully Imperial because the council had voted to join them. The Selonians, being citizens of Corellia, therefore were betrayers because they chose to fight the government.

But I could be wrong too.

Hadsil
11.21.2020 , 02:01 PM | #17
I'm just stating facts.

What Hadsil is engaging in is Fanon Discontinuity.

Look, you are allowed to do what you want to have fun, there are plenty of good fanfics out there that ignore canon.

But I would appreciate it if you stop calling it a "headcanon" (a term that basically means "what I think happened", and not "what I wish happened", as you seem to think.)

(Sorry if I'm acting snippy, but I've has a LOT of bad experiences with people who are unable to accept that their headcanon isn't actual canon, and give undeserved criticism to work creators who dare to debunk them.

Note that doesn't mean that work creators always do things right. And it doesn't mean a fanverse can't be better than a canonverse. I just think it would be more accurate to call them fanverses than headcanons.)
No, you're stating your opinion.

I never said my head canon was official that's how Star Wars works. I only said how I resolve the planet arcs for me to make story sense for how I play. It only affects me, and I said so. Because I play Republic character first alternating (Jedi Knight, Sith Warrior, Jedi Consular, Sith Sorcerer, etc.), for the class stories Imperial arcs are prequels to Republic arcs. For me. Only me. I acknowledge it doesn't always work, since as stated Voss is self-contained. To complete the planet story means the other couldn't happen. I just accept the plot hole/paradox and move on.

You're bothered by that. That's your problem. I'm not bothered you're bothered. I'm bothered you insist I'm playing wrong having BadWrongFun.