Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ultrawide Screen issues

JediQuaker
08.05.2020 , 11:22 AM | #21
Well, I give up. I was contemplating getting an ultra wide (1080p), but now I'm not sure.

It would seem as though SWTOR itself must be the problem. Of course, the game pre-dates ultra-wides and is buggy as hell, so I suppose it's not a complete surprise.

Another thought that occurred to me - what game mode are you playing in - full screen, windowed, or windowed(fullscreen) and/or have you tried all modes? Windowed(fullscreen) I would guess would be best, but again, I dunno. 🤔
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

DarthMord
08.05.2020 , 11:35 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
Well, I give up. I was contemplating getting an ultra wide (1080p), but now I'm not sure.

It would seem as though SWTOR itself must be the problem. Of course, the game pre-dates ultra-wides and is buggy as hell, so I suppose it's not a complete surprise.

Another thought that occurred to me - what game mode are you playing in - full screen, windowed, or windowed(fullscreen) and/or have you tried all modes? Windowed(fullscreen) I would guess would be best, but again, I dunno. 🤔
Yep tried all modes... I've tried so many things to get it to work. I LOVE my ultrawide and I'm frustrated that I can't play SWTOR but it IS a SWTOR issue they've never addressed or fixed. If you want to keep playing I'd suggest against getting an Ultrawide given the frustration it's given me. I do find it ridiculous that the SWTOR team hasn't fixed this issue. EVERY OTHER GAME I play handles just fine and is awesome on an ultrawide monitor. SWTOR unfortunately is the outlier and it sucks.
"Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb..."

Biaqi
08.05.2020 , 01:36 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMord View Post
Hi all,
I'm not a new player but this seemed the most appropriate place to put this.
I got a new 3440x1440 21:9 monitor for gaming. I was a long time subscriber to SWTOR but stopped for a long time due to work and other life demands. I resubscribed before I got my monitor but I was really looking forward to playing with an ultrawide.

Little did I realize that SWTOR hates to use native resolutions and looks at the EDID in the registry. I've seen, read through and tried every "fix" posted on these forums and Reddit that I can find, including:

Updating my monitor and gpu drivers
Updating my GPU's firmware (using a MSI GTX980ti)
Using CRU to remove unnecessary resolutions.
Trying to manually update the resolution in the APPDATA\swtor settings ini file.
Trying a different cable, HDMI (I'm currently using the Display port adapter).
Tried using windowed mode.
Tried using window Full screen mode.
Tried using both the HDMI and Display port cable to use PIP and move the windowed mode version of the game
Attempted to "Force" the aspect ration in several configurations in the NVIDIA control panel
Used NVIDIA's "Game Experience" to optimize and run SWTOR
I downloaded and tried to use the Extron EDID program and another EDID software but got utterly confused on the directions by the original poster and couldn't find anything online that gave a step by step on how to mess with it.

I've done all this with no luck. I'm at the end of my rope and ready to just pack it in and unsubscribe. Every other game runs just fine at the right resolution and aspect ratio without having to go through all this mess. I love SWTOR which is why I did all this but honestly it's unplayable at this point and I'm out of things to try.

I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks
I am having the same problem with my LG ultrawide (display port adapter). The character models - well everything is stretched out.
Full Specs:
i7-8700 3.19 GHz
32.0 Gigs DDR5 ram
64 bit Windows 10
Geforce RTX 2080 Ti * 2

DarthMord
08.05.2020 , 02:26 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Biaqi View Post
I am having the same problem with my LG ultrawide (display port adapter). The character models - well everything is stretched out.
Full Specs:
i7-8700 3.19 GHz
32.0 Gigs DDR5 ram
64 bit Windows 10
Geforce RTX 2080 Ti * 2
I don't think this is ever going to be addressed. I'd love to keep playing and I really enjoyed the game when it looks good but I can't play it with my monitor and I got this monitor specifically for gaming. But I can't enjoy it with everything stretched out and I've tapped the limit of what I can reasonably do to get it working. I hate to unsub that's exactly where I'm at now.
"Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb..."