Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

SS solo ranked pops during pre-season

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
SS solo ranked pops during pre-season

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
02.25.2019 , 06:25 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by EmperorRus View Post
Quit your bullsith.
Well said

Banderal's Avatar


Banderal
02.25.2019 , 06:31 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Well said
Didn't you get the message? SR is *MY* playground! Get off it.

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

Lundorff's Avatar


Lundorff
02.25.2019 , 07:53 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by bladech View Post
Meh no thx. Pre season is terrible due to crystal reward and no elo iam seeing Absolute trash and noobs queue solo ranked. People who are getting globalled in one second just ruining ranked
I would rather play with a noob that is at least trying, that someone with your attitude.

bladech's Avatar


bladech
02.25.2019 , 08:00 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
I would rather play with a noob that is at least trying, that someone with your attitude.
my attitude is absolutely normal and understandable. After providing of new blue crystal as a new mat the quality of solo ranked declined considerably. I see pve players getting killed in 0,7 seconds who doesn't know what is vanish, camouflage or reflect.

The new approach of removing elo is just an attempt of making ranked EASY and way of getting ranked rewards EASY. Just play tonnes of games and get your reward lol. This actually means quantity over quality. The fact you react so hard only proves that you guys just can't consider criticism and trying to find an easy way to get good rewards.

Current elo system is absolutely ok. If you tryhard and you have SKILL you can get to gold tier without much problems in a week-two. Those who are trying to provide the new quantity win system are those who can't play good enough for rewards. Thats all

Lundorff's Avatar


Lundorff
02.25.2019 , 08:40 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by bladech View Post
my attitude is absolutely normal and understandable. After providing of new blue crystal as a new mat the quality of solo ranked declined considerably. I see pve players getting killed in 0,7 seconds who doesn't know what is vanish, camouflage or reflect.

The new approach of removing elo is just an attempt of making ranked EASY and way of getting ranked rewards EASY. Just play tonnes of games and get your reward lol. This actually means quantity over quality. The fact you react so hard only proves that you guys just can't consider criticism and trying to find an easy way to get good rewards.

Current elo system is absolutely ok. If you tryhard and you have SKILL you can get to gold tier without much problems in a week-two. Those who are trying to provide the new quantity win system are those who can't play good enough for rewards. Thats all
Yes, yes you are very elite and untouchable. Are you shilling for the ranked mafia? Afraid that you guys can no longer game the system if it's converted to a point-based system? See, I can also make unfounded accusations.

Pfft...

Truth is that PvP in this game - including ranked - is bottom tier in quality and attracts very few players with actual skill. We have tried ELO for years now, and it's clearly not working. Moving away from ELO has nothing to do with rewards or titles, but about having fun competing against each other without the toxicity that normally follows. Going point-based / win-based / whatever is a far better match for this game.

Zurules's Avatar


Zurules
02.25.2019 , 01:59 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by bladech View Post
my attitude is absolutely normal and understandable. After providing of new blue crystal as a new mat the quality of solo ranked declined considerably. I see pve players getting killed in 0,7 seconds who doesn't know what is vanish, camouflage or reflect.

The new approach of removing elo is just an attempt of making ranked EASY and way of getting ranked rewards EASY. Just play tonnes of games and get your reward lol. This actually means quantity over quality. The fact you react so hard only proves that you guys just can't consider criticism and trying to find an easy way to get good rewards.

Current elo system is absolutely ok. If you tryhard and you have SKILL you can get to gold tier without much problems in a week-two. Those who are trying to provide the new quantity win system are those who can't play good enough for rewards. Thats all

I agree with you that they should not make any changes to make ranked "easier" by going to a point based system that some people want. Ranked is supposed to be about "who is better" not about who plays the most. I do not think that people who want the point system are people who might want to get rewards easier. Some of them perhaps, but I feel its more about people just wanting a change overall. Changing to a point system is an idea. I dont think its a good one, but its still a fair idea.
All Galaxy Hybrid-Clicker Shadow

Zurules's Avatar


Zurules
02.25.2019 , 02:19 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
Truth is that PvP in this game - including ranked - is bottom tier in quality and attracts very few players with actual skill. We have tried ELO for years now, and it's clearly not working. Moving away from ELO has nothing to do with rewards or titles, but about having fun competing against each other without the toxicity that normally follows. Going point-based / win-based / whatever is a far better match for this game.
How can you say that PvP in this game is bottom tier quality? The game just has had too many bugs and issues with d-sync that make its lower quality for me. The PvP itself in terms of balance and how the classes interact with each other is pretty dam good overall. They just need to do more balance changes (small ones) on a more consistent basis to keep things interesting for some classes and specs.


This is just my personal feeling but to me, 95%ish of the population in this game in regards to pvp do not play the game properly. As a skilled player, I can understand why a lot of skilled players have been leaving the game because it is frustrating when your playing the Competitive game mode in ranked and u get players who have no clue what they are doing and/or are simply not competitive and give up. Us skilled players have a right to be upset when "new" players decide to play ranked when they clearly have way to much to learn and think about before they would meet any concept of minimum requirements that us skilled players would perceive as acceptable for them to be playing ranked.


If you play just to have fun, then you should be playing regs. If you are competitive and enjoy competition and you also know what you are doing, then you should consider playing ranked to have " better quality" of pvp in theory. The problem we have had for like forever, it that there is a clear lack of quality in ranked which ruins the joy of competition for us competitive players. Combine the fact the higher elo you get, the longer the queue takes to pop for you, and when you wait 45 minute for 1 pop just to get someone on your team that have no clue what they are doing, it gets frustrating pretty fast.


Catering ranked to as many people possible instead of for those who are competitive and are skilled is one of the reasons why a lot of skilled players have left this game.
All Galaxy Hybrid-Clicker Shadow

Lundorff's Avatar


Lundorff
02.25.2019 , 02:57 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Zurules View Post
How can you say that PvP in this game is bottom tier quality? The game just has had too many bugs and issues with d-sync that make its lower quality for me. The PvP itself in terms of balance and how the classes interact with each other is pretty dam good overall. They just need to do more balance changes (small ones) on a more consistent basis to keep things interesting for some classes and specs.


This is just my personal feeling but to me, 95%ish of the population in this game in regards to pvp do not play the game properly. As a skilled player, I can understand why a lot of skilled players have been leaving the game because it is frustrating when your playing the Competitive game mode in ranked and u get players who have no clue what they are doing and/or are simply not competitive and give up. Us skilled players have a right to be upset when "new" players decide to play ranked when they clearly have way to much to learn and think about before they would meet any concept of minimum requirements that us skilled players would perceive as acceptable for them to be playing ranked.


If you play just to have fun, then you should be playing regs. If you are competitive and enjoy competition and you also know what you are doing, then you should consider playing ranked to have " better quality" of pvp in theory. The problem we have had for like forever, it that there is a clear lack of quality in ranked which ruins the joy of competition for us competitive players. Combine the fact the higher elo you get, the longer the queue takes to pop for you, and when you wait 45 minute for 1 pop just to get someone on your team that have no clue what they are doing, it gets frustrating pretty fast.


Catering ranked to as many people possible instead of for those who are competitive and are skilled is one of the reasons why a lot of skilled players have left this game.
eSports. I am talking about actual competitive games that are monitored, regulated and where skill is the only thing that matter. You are deluding yourself, if you think ranked in this game can measure up. For this reason they might as well change the format and forgo ELO. It. does. not. work.

I could rant on, but don't worry, you will get your way I have no doubt. Nothing will change, and the game will continue to decline.

Now ignore me while I go shopping. P2W FTW.

Seterade's Avatar


Seterade
02.25.2019 , 03:05 PM | #19
want to know a good joke? swtor pvp is competitive. LOLOLOL! good joke. (hilarious crowd laughter ensues)



as for why? because this game no longer has updates or meta changes, its balance is based around pve dmg and survivability, gear changes matchups, and did I mention classes are not balanced around pvp?


lol, swtor competitive.. gud meme.

Lundorff's Avatar


Lundorff
02.25.2019 , 03:12 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
want to know a good joke? swtor pvp is competitive. LOLOLOL! good joke. (hilarious crowd laughter ensues)



as for why? because this game no longer has updates or meta changes, its balance is based around pve dmg and survivability, gear changes matchups, and did I mention classes are not balanced around pvp?


lol, swtor competitive.. gud meme.
Lol exactly.

What does any of this accomplish. What have all our rants and bickering at each other ever changed? EA fat cats are smoking their cigars and snorting a line of cocaine while throwing more loot-boxes at us. Gee thanks.

You know what, I am so done. I will not be posting here again.