Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Musco gathering feedback in the GD forum. Take ranked complaints over there.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Musco gathering feedback in the GD forum. Take ranked complaints over there.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KendraP
02.27.2019 , 05:04 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
Now imagine that there were times when i spent your entire amount on the game in just a few months. What Iam trying to say is that as a company I would follow the spenders, if that is what keeps the game going. Loyalty is nice but those 12 bucks a month may not save the company if its only payed by 30k people.

I believe they see pvpers and mainly ranked players as "low spenders" so that is why they are not able to produce nice new rewards. Thats why we have replica rewards now. Or thats why the investigators simply cannot go through the data good enough to uncover all the cheating.
$15/month × 30,000 months= $45,000
You regularly spend $50 grand on this game in a month?

Sheer numbers are almost always going to be superior to individual one offs.

TrixxieTriss
02.27.2019 , 06:59 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
$15/month × 30,000 months= $45,000
You regularly spend $50 grand on this game in a month?

Sheer numbers are almost always going to be superior to individual one offs.
I would estimate I’ve spent the following amount just to play the game (not all of it went to BioWare)

2 subsciber accounts. But one is unsubscribed since 5.0 and the second wasn’t started till shortly before we were transferred from APAC to the US west coast servers.

Once the servers were merged to the east coast, I had to start using WTFast just so I could get my ping low enough and stable enough to pvp from Australia. I’ve included those costs too.

All of this is in $ AUD so you can all see how much more we pay to play this game since BioWare shafted the APAC community from the time they shut down our servers.

We use to pay $15 AUD a month when we had the APAC servers and IMO, that’s what we should still be paying

Currently with the exchange rate it’s :

$20.99 AUD a month for the sub
$15.38 AUD a month for WTFast
= $36.37 AUD a month to play just this one game (you can see why I closed the other account)

= $436.44 AUD a year to play play since we lost our APAC servers.

In contrast

So let’s say I payed $15 AUD for 2.5 year (approx) on one account and 6 months on the other account before we were merged to the west coast. Which is the equivalent of 3 years worth of sub time.

$450 + $90 = $540 AUD for the equivalent of 3 years of sub time when we had APAC servers.

So we are now at the 7 year anniversary of when swtor launched in Australia. That means I’ve played for 4.5 years on the US servers.

Subs paid for that time add up to :

$1133.46 AUD on one account
$860.59 AUD (approx) on the second account
= $1994.05
+
$173.68 AUD to WTFast.

= $2167.73 AUD to play the game

Let’s now add my APAC time costs + my US time costs

$540 AUD (3 years worth of sub time) + $2167.73 AUD (total cost playing on the US servers for 4.5 years)

= $2707.73 AUD

That does not include the $1399.35 AUD (approx) for Cartel coins for my two accounts. It also doesn’t take into account my wife has spent the same on a sub, less the amount of a second sub (she’s only ever had 1) and her own cartel coin purchases (about half of mine)

Over all my house hold has probably spend about $6000-$7000 AUD (approx) to play this game for 7 years.
Does anyone feel this game has been worth $1000 a year in content, quality and value?
Especially the last 2.3 years?

KendraP
02.27.2019 , 07:05 PM | #53
According to a quick Google search and not accounting for inflation:

6000 AUD × 0.71 USD/AUD = 4283 USD

Part of this was for 2 subscribing accounts, I only have one. The point to merjovec is: one person is not going to compete with multiple accounts.

And i should add that whatever you spend on third party services doesn't give BW profit so really shouldn't compute in this debate.

TrixxieTriss
02.27.2019 , 07:14 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
According to a quick Google search and not accounting for inflation:

6000 AUD × 0.71 USD/AUD = 4283 USD

Part of this was for 2 subscribing accounts, I only have one. The point to merjovec is: one person is not going to compete with multiple accounts.

And i should add that whatever you spend on third party services doesn't give BW profit so really shouldn't compute in this debate.
Yeah, I only added the WTFast costs to highlight that since BioWare moved the servers, it now costs us more to play per month. Which means I had to drop a sub (money they could have been getting) and had to reduce any cartel coin purchases too (more money they could have been getting)