Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Musco gathering feedback in the GD forum. Take ranked complaints over there.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Musco gathering feedback in the GD forum. Take ranked complaints over there.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
02.23.2019 , 11:14 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
the game is no longer fun, its frustrating, irritating, and generaly a pointless hour sink as I realise Im just going through the motions. so I asked myself...
When you reach this point just take a break.

You may find if you just stop logging in for a bit, your patience returns and you can sort of recharge your battery so-to-speak. I mean do not log in not for a minute. Take a 2-4 week break.

I think of it as flushing my brain when I take breaks from games and often times I can come back and find enjoyment again.

My reason for stopping is more than just needing a break I refuse to do this gear grind and having locked in mods only put icing on this turd cake.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
02.24.2019 , 12:50 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
When you reach this point just take a break.

You may find if you just stop logging in for a bit, your patience returns and you can sort of recharge your battery so-to-speak. I mean do not log in not for a minute. Take a 2-4 week break.

I think of it as flushing my brain when I take breaks from games and often times I can come back and find enjoyment again.

My reason for stopping is more than just needing a break I refuse to do this gear grind and having locked in mods only put icing on this turd cake.
The problem is, take a break and play what?

Seterade's Avatar


Seterade
02.24.2019 , 01:00 AM | #23
black desert online, csgo, deus ex, assassins creeds, catch up on nintendo switch/3ds... really any console game lasts about 3 months these days for 60 bucks.

Im currently putting real effort into csgo mechanics as well as finally enjoying my 3ds and my psp vita. I also have several single player steam that well.. I just never got around to really getting into, what with swtor eating my time.

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
02.24.2019 , 10:06 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
The problem is, take a break and play what?
Well, I went back to WOW but that lasted 2 weeks. I tried to get into it, and couldn't. I even tried to mess around with Banderal there and even his effervescent personality couldn't keep me there! I just can't get into WOW.

I just stepped away from games, I spend more time on music production, watching movies, TV, etc. lol some things not exactly healthy habits but I have improved on my music stuff so that's a plus.

SWTOR and other MMOs tend to pull me in and not let me go, so I suppose a MMO break has proven to be beneficial for me, at least for now.

I just couldn't handle the idea of doing a new gear grind, especially when I was still working on gearing many of my alts. A new gear grind and forced PVE activities sounded bad enough to make me disengage from SWTOR before they even released 5.10.

I hope they make game design changes and go back to being alt friendly and make gearing alts easier as well as customizable like it was in the past. A change in the meta would be nice too, the present meta of classes is stale.

I want to see some classes get makeovers. Like sorcs, PTs, sins, etc. Removing guard from DPS would be nice too. Make tanks real tanks with high survivability and low damage by making defensive stats useful. Stuff like this would lure me back.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

Banderal's Avatar


Banderal
02.24.2019 , 11:40 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Well, I went back to WOW but that lasted 2 weeks. I tried to get into it, and couldn't. I even tried to mess around with Banderal there and even his effervescent personality couldn't keep me there! I just can't get into WOW.
Heh. I think I only lasted a couple more weeks than you did. I'm kinda with trixie on the bows and swords thing. Why does EVERYTHING have to be fantasy themed. I was actually pretty hopeful for Secret World when that came out - being a modern setting game. But that didn't hold my interest for very long either.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
I just stepped away from games, I spend more time on music production, watching movies, TV, etc. lol some things not exactly healthy habits but I have improved on my music stuff so that's a plus.
Yep, I look at my guitar sitting on my couch and think... "I should really be practicing China Grove right now." In fact...

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
02.24.2019 , 02:41 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
Heh. I think I only lasted a couple more weeks than you did. I'm kinda with trixie on the bows and swords thing. Why does EVERYTHING have to be fantasy themed. I was actually pretty hopeful for Secret World when that came out - being a modern setting game. But that didn't hold my interest for very long either.


Yep, I look at my guitar sitting on my couch and think... "I should really be practicing China Grove right now." In fact...
lol. I started practice on a guitar I bought 15 years ago (sad but true) and had never played it for any significant time. I then found it was a right handed (normal) guitar, and I am left handed.

After a bit of research and gathering opinions on the matter I decided to pull the trigger on a left handed guitar before investing too much time trying to become adept with a right handed guitar.

Long story short there are some well known guitarists that are left handed who used right handed guitars, but a ton of people I found said basically, whichever hand you air-guitar strum with, you ought to just go with that guitar type.

Some explained that it was just natural for a person to have better rhythm with their dominant hand which means it's better to strum with that hand. That's what some people said anyway.

The bad thing is, I ended up finding ways to use a DAW for guitar, and so my ambition to learn guitar is less now. Probably a waste of money now, but who knows. Maybe I will hit a wall, and want to add real guitar to what I make.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

Banderal's Avatar


Banderal
02.25.2019 , 01:51 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Maybe I will hit a wall, and want to add real guitar to what I make.
Totally off topic, but I remember hearing a story about... er Eminem I think it was, who was planning on using some Joe Perry (guitarist for Aerosmyth) sampling on one of his songs, and Perry contacted him and offered to actually play it. And while I guess Perry did end up playing on the song, reportedly Eminem's first response was something along the lines of, "I'd kinda rather use the sample."

I have no idea if that's true, but I thought it was funny anyway.

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
02.25.2019 , 04:56 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
Totally off topic, but I remember hearing a story about... er Eminem I think it was, who was planning on using some Joe Perry (guitarist for Aerosmyth) sampling on one of his songs, and Perry contacted him and offered to actually play it. And while I guess Perry did end up playing on the song, reportedly Eminem's first response was something along the lines of, "I'd kinda rather use the sample."

I have no idea if that's true, but I thought it was funny anyway.
That is funny. What's interesting to me is one music producer I really like typically made his beats then had a live guitarist play over the music, which is why I considered learning guitar.

I'd rather be able to play guitar and add it to my music and not rely on someone else, plus personally I think it's more gratifying to make everything on my song music-wise.

For some reason, I wouldn't mind having a lyricist perform though, but that's probably because I don't enjoy singing as much or doing lyrics over beats/music.

Anyway, glad we could turn this thread into something entertaining for you and me.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
02.25.2019 , 05:09 PM | #29 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by VaceDemon View Post
Source

Since they virtually never come to this forum, I think we should take the initiative and pound that thread with all that we've said over the years about the rampant cheating and wintrading in ranked and how nothing is being done to stop it.
As others have pointed out... derailing another thread is not the right approach. If you want to put Ranked / Wintrading feedback in one place, let's use this thread! I will keep an eye here for feedback and respond in kind.

Also, on the topic of wintrading. A number of actions have already been happening and will continue up until the start of S11 tomorrow. Mike is still in process on everything and will get a post out detailing everything this week.

As a reminder, if you are going to talk about win-trading / cheating, please do not call out players by name. Report those players in-game, or in PM to me.

Thanks all.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

JediMasterAlex's Avatar


JediMasterAlex
02.25.2019 , 05:18 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco
As a reminder, if you are going to talk about win-trading / cheating, please do not call out players by name. Report those players in-game, or in PM to me.
Eric, I've pm'd you multiple times about wintrading regarding a certain sentinel and a certain sniper (who may or may not be the same person). I've provided details about the server, the time, the arena map, and the players involved in the wintrading. I also know that others have reported these wintraders (you can look at the "State of solo ranked" thread for proof of that). However, I never received any acknowledgment from you regarding my pm's, and the player(s) in question still have their top 3 spots on the leaderboard despite blatantly wintrading.