Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Huttball Queue fix idea - leave every HB pop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Huttball Queue fix idea - leave every HB pop

Totemdancer
01.29.2019 , 03:33 PM | #11
Some of you have taken my OP the wrong way.

I actually like Huttball (not Vandin so much). Huttball has always been one of my favourite maps.

My gripe is that we now have 3 maps and Huttball pops too much. If there was only 1 Huttball map we would get the same amount of Huttball pops as we do other maps. But because there are 3 maps we get 3 times more Huttball maps than any other.

We (the community) have asked BioWare multiple times to fix this and they are ignoring us (as usual). Which means we have to take matters into our own hands if we want them to pay attention. Itís a form of protest and nothing more.

You can be damn sure if their stats started to show them all Huttball maps finished in the first 30 secs due to lack of players, they would pay attention.

We donít even need to do this for long. Maybe 1-3 weeks till it gets on their radar,

I personally donít want them to remove Huttball and Iím not asking for map choices. All I want is for all Huttball maps to be counted as 1 Huttball pop and then the system chooses which Huttball map to pop. That way we donít get Vandin, original, Quesh Ball all in a row and then possibly Vandin and another Huttball map. It treats them as one map.

Look at it this way. If the only map that popped was Yavin and occasionally civil war, weíd all be screaming for BioWare to change it so it didnít pop as much. We just want it to stop popping Huttball matches so much.

If you only have a limited amount of time to play each day to get your dailies done and all you ever get is Huttball maps, it makes pvp less appealing and boring. Not to mention frustrating when people stop trying to play Huttball to win because they are so sick of it popping.

If we could get everyone to agree to leave every Huttball match for 1-3 weeks so they all finished in 30sec, BioWare would see it. Then they could fix it and we can go back to playing Huttball when it pops.

Wimbleton
01.30.2019 , 01:57 AM | #12
I could play HB ďall dayĒ if not for the performance issues. The Vandin map is a design failure because the design encourages you to skip the map (run pit, camp endzone), but letís face it, pretty much every map released since Novare has been really bad, so itís on par. But the competitive aspect of the HB maps is crushed by desync.

Since itís quite clear they canít/wonít fix it, they should at least reduce its pop rate. I think the main reason they donít do this is that they make all their decisions based on the assumption that their content working and well liked. They know this to be completely false but will not openly admit failure.

Lhancelot
01.30.2019 , 09:46 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Wimbleton View Post
I think the main reason they donít do this is that they make all their decisions based on the assumption that their content working and well liked. They know this to be completely false but will not openly admit failure.
Yeah. If they funnel you into the map 75% of the time, it seems that indicates to some idiot up top that people are playing the new map 75% more than the others. I'd say the quality control officer is incompetent or doesn't give a **** how these numbers are found, just as long as they are found is all that matters.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

Majspuffen
01.30.2019 , 11:09 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Wimbleton View Post
I could play HB ďall dayĒ if not for the performance issues. The Vandin map is a design failure because the design encourages you to skip the map (run pit, camp endzone), but letís face it, pretty much every map released since Novare has been really bad, so itís on par. But the competitive aspect of the HB maps is crushed by desync.
The pace of the game has sped up but the engine isn't capable of catching up. Things like Flamethrower being instant cast rather than channeled is one of many signs that the pacing is not what it used to be. I'm kind of hoping for an ability pruning, like they did in WoW. But I also worry that, should such a day come, they'd remove exactly the wrong abilities.

I've hated Exfiltrate ever since the day it was introduced. It's a clunky, unsatisfying and silly-looking ability that ruined everything that made Operatives cool. But that's not why it's so bad. It's the main culprit when it comes to desync. It should be removed. As should all the abilities that do not work properly; Mad Dash, Holotraverse, Shadow Stride... if the engine can't handle them they shouldn't be put in.

... bit of an odd rant, I'm sorry. :P

Banderal
01.30.2019 , 11:17 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Majspuffen View Post
Don't apologize! I'm pretty sure you get Ossus rep for odd rants on the forums.

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

Lhancelot
01.30.2019 , 11:59 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Majspuffen View Post
The pace of the game has sped up but the engine isn't capable of catching up. Things like Flamethrower being instant cast rather than channeled is one of many signs that the pacing is not what it used to be. I'm kind of hoping for an ability pruning, like they did in WoW. But I also worry that, should such a day come, they'd remove exactly the wrong abilities.

I've hated Exfiltrate ever since the day it was introduced. It's a clunky, unsatisfying and silly-looking ability that ruined everything that made Operatives cool. But that's not why it's so bad. It's the main culprit when it comes to desync. It should be removed. As should all the abilities that do not work properly; Mad Dash, Holotraverse, Shadow Stride... if the engine can't handle them they shouldn't be put in.

One of my biggest gripes over time was how they kept adding more and more movement enhancement abilities, then to counter those they added more CC, which in turn then caused them to add even more CC-immunities. Basically the classes with the best movement enhancements/CC immunities do best in PVP.

It's just really ridiculous now where they have gone in this regard... Pruning would be great, I really believe taking away some of speed boosts, CC, CC-immunities, etc. would only make PVP more dynamic. It's just bloated with this crap now, and the meta has been this way for 3+ years now.

The irony is the more of this stuff they have introduced to add fun to the game has caused gameplay to regress because the engine simply can't manage all the movements especially the portals going up/down platforms which obviously makes the game less fun.

On top of that, it's not fun for me countering a counter to my CC and then using speed boost abilities to counter a CC that was then countered by their speed boost etc. It's like a war of movement counters. CC abilities ought to be less used and special, not available as often as regular attacks.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

Totemdancer
01.30.2019 , 08:09 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
Don't apologize! I'm pretty sure you get Ossus rep for odd rants on the forums.
LMAO... if only that was true Iíd be max rep by now

Totemdancer
01.30.2019 , 08:10 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
One of my biggest gripes over time was how they kept adding more and more movement enhancement abilities, then to counter those they added more CC, which in turn then caused them to add even more CC-immunities. Basically the classes with the best movement enhancements/CC immunities do best in PVP.

It's just really ridiculous now where they have gone in this regard... Pruning would be great, I really believe taking away some of speed boosts, CC, CC-immunities, etc. would only make PVP more dynamic. It's just bloated with this crap now, and the meta has been this way for 3+ years now.

The irony is the more of this stuff they have introduced to add fun to the game has caused gameplay to regress because the engine simply can't manage all the movements especially the portals going up/down platforms which obviously makes the game less fun.

On top of that, it's not fun for me countering a counter to my CC and then using speed boost abilities to counter a CC that was then countered by their speed boost etc. It's like a war of movement counters. CC abilities ought to be less used and special, not available as often as regular attacks.
100% agree. Well said, itís exactly how I feel too.

And itís why desync has gotten worse over the years and not better.

Zerileth
02.05.2019 , 11:11 AM | #19
I can't stand hb. I don't want to play football in a video game. I wanted to pvp. I love all the other non-hb maps. Sadly I'm one of those that has the worst luck and gets hb map after hb map, after hb map. I basically just quit pvping, at least no where near the level I used to.

But, as far as leaving, if I get an urge to pvp and it's hb, I leave immediately.

I thought awhile back they were entertaining the idea of letting us check off 1 or 2 maps, but I think they realized so few play now that it would reduce the match making even more.

I don't get bw's obsession with hb. I will do 100,000 Odessen maps before I'd do 1 huttball.
. <--------just this little red dot

KendraP
02.05.2019 , 11:33 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Zerileth View Post
I can't stand hb. I don't want to play football in a video game. I wanted to pvp. I love all the other non-hb maps. Sadly I'm one of those that has the worst luck and gets hb map after hb map, after hb map. I basically just quit pvping, at least no where near the level I used to.

But, as far as leaving, if I get an urge to pvp and it's hb, I leave immediately.

I thought awhile back they were entertaining the idea of letting us check off 1 or 2 maps, but I think they realized so few play now that it would reduce the match making even more.

I don't get bw's obsession with hb. I will do 100,000 Odessen maps before I'd do 1 huttball.
I agree, but don't normally leave matches unless its something like 3-0 in the first 90 seconds.

Other than that, I agree completely. That said, to each his own. Huttball has some crazy devoted fans, i just wish it wasnt (match) (huttball) (match) (huttball) > repeat.