Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Huttball Queue fix idea - leave every HB pop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Huttball Queue fix idea - leave every HB pop

Totemdancer
01.28.2019 , 02:54 AM | #1
So if BioWare wonít fix the pop to reduce how many HB matches we all get, then maybe we should fix it ourselves.

If everyone just leaves everytime a HB match pops, then BioWare will get a big blip on their data and maybe pay attention to the problem of too many HB pops.

What do you guys think?

FYI, I have always loved the original and Quesh maps, but Huttball maps pop 3 times more than any other map and itís too much.

Banderal
01.28.2019 , 05:14 AM | #2
I logged in yesterday morning, and I got this series of maps - no joke.

HB original
HB original
HB quesh
NC
AHG
HB Vandin
HB original
Arena
HB quesh
HB quesh

Surprisingly, in almost all of the HB games there were enough people on each team actually *playing* HB to make them worthwhile; even the Vandin one! But still, I was getting really tired of HB. I quit the game entirely for a while after that last Quesh, but that probably doesn't blip on Bioware's data at all.

You know, I remember some posts in the past by some of us (including me) that we could play HB over and over all day long! I guess, for myself at least, lesson learned.

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

Totemdancer
01.28.2019 , 06:32 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post

You know, I remember some posts in the past by some of us (including me) that we could play HB over and over all day long! I guess, for myself at least, lesson learned.
LoL. I could probably play original HB all day, but not Quesh and definitely not Vandin. Sadly, original HB seems to pop the least for me.
I quit 90% of Vandin matches

Storm-Cutter
01.28.2019 , 11:40 AM | #4
some of us actually like HB.

People quitting over and over makes any WZ not much fun, especially quitters who disappear after the first points are on the board.

Really? So 15 other people's enjoyment is supposed to be ruined by 1 person's dislike of a certain map?

TBH you only get what pops because there are so few people in the queue. If there were several 100s at a time, you could rank your faves and least-faves, and get more of what you like.

Since BioWare don't like retaining or attracting people, it's down to the rest of us to try and fly the flag and recruit people.

Sad, but true.
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

AndriusAjax
01.28.2019 , 04:20 PM | #5
I think they should let us choose if we want HBs to pop or not. I know there are issues with allowing players to choose exactly what WZs they want, but it would make sense for HBs only. I love HB, but I leave them immediately nowadays. I have zero fun playing HB in the middle of a deathmatch.

So allowing people to remove HBs from their queue would help both parties. Deathmatchers can DM in the warzones where it isn't quite as stupid and nonbeneficial, and objective players can play a HB where everyone involved chose to be there and hopefully wants to actually play HB. At this point, I would think even HB enthusiasts would settle for less, but better, HBs.
| O N D R | scoundrel | O F F D R | operative
Huttball All-Star | Intergalactic Reg-Star

CaptRogue
01.28.2019 , 10:10 PM | #6
Oh good! At least it's not just me!

SO sick of nothing but HB pops!
Dean (GM) of <The Academy>
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

Going
01.28.2019 , 10:29 PM | #7
had 5 huttball matches in a row tonight
Not Null
Godlovesugly
Fahc

Majspuffen
01.29.2019 , 12:53 AM | #8
I'd like to move to your universe. Here, where I live, Huttball is not an all too frequent experience. An evening not too long ago I think I only had 1 huttball match out of, I don't know.. 6 or 7 games.

I get that you can be mad about lag, but there is nothing wrong with the design of Huttball.

Quote: Originally Posted by Storm-Cutter View Post

People quitting over and over makes any WZ not much fun, especially quitters who disappear after the first points are on the board.

Really? So 15 other people's enjoyment is supposed to be ruined by 1 person's dislike of a certain map?

TBH you only get what pops because there are so few people in the queue. If there were several 100s at a time, you could rank your faves and least-faves, and get more of what you like.

Since BioWare don't like retaining or attracting people, it's down to the rest of us to try and fly the flag and recruit people.

Sad, but true.
What this guy said. I hate Odessen Proving Grounds. Unlike Huttball, this design is stupid. Everything from the random nature of the spawn points to the way you actually cap and hold them. Even if I try my damndest to play for the objectives in that WZ, I always feel so powerless to make a change. But that doesn't mean I quit the WZ whenever I get it.

Stellarcrusade
01.29.2019 , 11:22 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm-Cutter View Post

This really illustrates the real problem. Many people like myself will leave a buttball almost immediately, but on occasion may give the warzone a short leash - until first or 2nd goal, because with a smart team on rare occasion a buttball can be a little fun. Whereas my favorite war type is Odessen Proving Grounds. Some people hate that wartype and do the same thing.

So whats the problem? The problem isn't the leaver, the problem is that we cannot choose which wartypes to queue for. We need that choice for more than just one reason. Some people simply hate a wartype and will never play it. In other cases you may only want certain wartypes if you are queueing with a specific class. Maybe you do not want to play a healer in odessen, or not play a stealthy in a different watype etc.

Really, I see only 1 downside to this idea, but it isn't really a downside if the issue is fixed. What I mean is, snipers favoring Odessen simply because they know they can NOT be stopped when they want to try to cancel a node (unless all the stars in the universe line up just right).

AndriusAjax
01.29.2019 , 12:07 PM | #10
I think what's worst is that this DM mentality people have in huttball leaks into other warzones.

Yesterday me and my mediocre pre-made won every match because the other premade we kept getting, while possibly better skilled, had zero interest in playing objectives. It was the same people over and over.

They would sit in acid pits healing themselves with zero interest in playing huttball.

In Yavin Ruins they would kill and leave nodes empty. Just 7vXing anything they could.

In ancient hypergate, six or seven of them just stayed in mid while we took the nodes over and over. We won 600-0. They just sat in mid and beat up on the 2 or 3 people who decided to go inside. I'm pretty sure that team of seven felt amazingly Invincible beating up on three people.... which is why it's so curious why Deathmatchers feel good about themselves when they're only death matching half of the other team. The other half is winning the game.

And sure, there is a chicken-and-egg debate as to whether the DM mentality comes from huttball, but I feel like HB popping so much sets the nightly tone for objective-ignoring premades. They made all of our wins less enjoyable last night. And what's truly funny is that in the Huttball, after we were up 5-0, we all started death matching in the middle and we wiped them clean. They weren't even good. They're just deathmatching bc it creates a numbers advantage that helps their ego
| O N D R | scoundrel | O F F D R | operative
Huttball All-Star | Intergalactic Reg-Star