PvP Economy and Ranked Rewards Restructure for Game Update 3.3

TaitWatson

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..................yes i find this an interesting post to start with as most of the "true matchwinners" only look at around 8 but with unnecessary healing and some guard 18 is very reachable....not that it really matters but id like people to just focus more on the game that the extras they can get also this certainly would encourage people to team in 4's before they sign up to play

sigh

They said 1 to 18 ratio. Not that you must have 18 medals. Also they where talking about arenas which have a entirely different medal counting method.

Any word on whether stun-locking will be getting a fix? There are too many player complaints over the resolve bars lack of uselessness in pvp.

It's a known occurrence that you don't survive long when you get stun-locked, even when the white resolve bar is full, you're still unable to move regardless, even force of will isn't a suitable aid in fighting against it's effects much anymore.

This... Seriously, I must be reading the notes wrong or something... In an extensive match, dps classes that can taunt and classes that have the capability of healing will always have more medals than a combat/concentration sentinel or a gunslinger.

Unless you guys are planning on reworking medals, this is a really bad idea.

If you can't max, you are playing wrong. It isn't hard. One may get more medals than another, but you should always max and the cost comes from losing rather than winning. A max loser vs. a max winner would not lose as much as a minimum loser vs. a max winner.

Stop thinking and just play. If you're not happy, then stop playing.

THE FREAKING Ee En Frickin' Dee.

Any word on whether stun-locking will be getting a fix? There are too many player complaints over the resolve bars lack of uselessness in pvp.

It's a known occurrence that you don't survive long when you get stun-locked, even when the white resolve bar is full, you're still unable to move regardless, even force of will isn't a suitable aid in fighting against it's effects much anymore.

Teamwork fixes this.

We are discussing if the titles and mount rewards should be BoL in future seasons. The crystals and weapons are already BoL in previous/current seasons and that will stay the same moving forward. We would like you hear y'alls thoughts on the subject. Does seeing a mount or title on character that (at the extreme) doesn't PvP at all hurt the significance and exclusivity of the reward? Or is it enough to know that someone in the Legacy of that character worked to get the reward?

Keep it per character, please. The story is of the individual character. Why play with one and reward others who have done nothing?

Keep it per character, please. The story is of the individual character. Why play with one and reward others who have done nothing?

You are not rewarding the player, you are rewarding the legacy. This would be a solution to why EVERY SERVER is Imperial dominated and broken classes. This would be QoL improvement for most players because lets be frank...

1. Have to be imperial to do ranked on all servers but one or two.

2. There are certain classes that will nearly always win and some who are nearly guaranteed losses.

3. Nobody is going to care if someone sends their reward to another character, because if you have such elitist issues you can simply look them up via leaderboard and know "Hey, he earned that somewhere else in his legacy."

You are rewarding the player still because he earned it on one of his characters. Sorry if you only play a merc or slinger, but its just how it is right now. Good for you if you rolled a Shadow, Sorc, or PT.

Make them legacy based, it would be a great QoL for ALL players involved. :rak_05:

Wake me up when 8v8 ranked is back.

Also, the objective capping change makes me cringe. Seems like a bad idea.

With those changes made,there might be hope for 8v8 Ranked to return.Now that Gearing up became a lot easier,People won't feel 'Afraid' or w.e to join Ranked more often.So a few Months after 3.3 (and after the Expansion) and if everything goes the way BW planned,I wouldn't be surprised to see 8v8 Ranked back (even if it's a Monthly Event or something similar).

Make them legacy based, it would be a great QoL for ALL players involved. :rak_05:

I tend to Agree.While it's not a Personal Issue (and I don't really care much,imho).I'm not a particularly un-/skilled Player,but the difference between some Classes is noticeable.While most Classes perform well,some simple (Let's say : ) Out-DPS you,regardless of your Gear/Skills or knowledge about your Class (Most of the time it's based on the Spec,which are totally unbalanced to date).Since there's not limitation to how much you can 'grind' per-day,I don't see an Issue why those wouldn't be Legacy-wide.

Edited by ahzecklawd

Bioware is weird,

They think in make wz comms legacy, you can pass to other char that didnt earn it. So comms will be interchangeable between chars.

They also think in make the same with ranked rewards. It'll be interchangeable.

But when this comes to queue they do not want it to be interchangeable between servers. So we need to get stuck on ghost servers.

Weird.

Or how about interchange servers and merge it?

Meanwhile we have almost nothing to do on servers.

Nicely done. If keep this way this expantion only, will not hold players.

Well so true v been mention here...and yet..i believe will be empty words cause devs aint give a s***t about PvP...how you will explain otherwise a full of skank tanks and bloody wz spikes......they do fix some chair"exploit"for 24 hour time frame...but simple pvp tweeks can`t be done from ages... Well done BW carry on

Awesome news...

Three points...

1.Will you be overhauling the medal system to be more fair, ie more team orientated and not just medal farming?

2. How will you prevent the win trading that is still going on?

3. Are you proposing Melee AOE damage also not interrupt caps? (This was tested by us the other night and without them, it will be impossible to stop a whole team rush capping)

this ^.

I have healed regular wz's for 1.5 mil and got defense medals, yet still only had 7 medals. Healers are getting royally screwed every time we go out. It has gotten so bad I am thinking about speccing into dps, because lightning sorcerors get a **** ton of medals.

this ^.

I have healed regular wz's for 1.5 mil and got defense medals, yet still only had 7 medals. Healers are getting royally screwed every time we go out. It has gotten so bad I am thinking about speccing into dps, because lightning sorcerors get a **** ton of medals.

This is for Ranked arenas. They are tweaking things so that people can access the medals because it is harder for to reach certain threshold. Regs are regs, the medals aren't really worth too much in the great scheme of how cheap gear will be in 3.3.

You should add cross server pvp.. its downright stupid that you have to sub in order to do more then 5 Wz a week, but even more stupid, standing around waiting for a wz pop for 30min on your low lvl alt..

You should add cross server pvp.. its downright stupid that you have to sub in order to do more then 5 Wz a week, but even more stupid, standing around waiting for a wz pop for 30min on your low lvl alt..

"It's downright stupid that the game is flawed. It should simply work perfectly."

What a genius. Someone give this man an award.

A darwin award, which he'll earn in the next few days... :rolleyes:

Wake me up when 8v8 ranked is back.

Also, the objective capping change makes me cringe. Seems like a bad idea.

:eek: I agree please do not change the AOE damage on objective capping!!! Not to sure about the ranked info but the cost changes should help reduce the grind.

I hope you guys are still watching this thread BW pvp devs! I will continue to lobby for the mentioned "all ranked rewards be legacy based."

This is why it should be implemented:

1) There is faction bias found on most servers. Yes, it could be argued that some servers are better now since cheap transfers occurred. However, many players don't want to leave their friends just so they can pvp on a certain faction. This is a great reason why all rewards should be legacy based.

2) This would not make the rewards worth less. Lets face it, some classes are better than others in ranked. The leaderboards reflect this. Kudos to the Commando who got tier one, but would he really care if he saw another commando with it? It would only take a quick look to see "Hey that guy earned it on his legacy." Only the elitists would care about such things, but most players would love the ability to get the reward on the character they WANT.

3) 1 and 2 go hand in hand with player choice. The pirate theme was AWESOME, but didn't fit too well with my Jedi/Sith. My merc would love it and I know my slinger would too. However, those are completely rubbish in ranked for me. I'd be willing (and other players too) to sacrifice a pirate set on the Jedi/Sith to put it on another character. Again, it should be my choice. Why should I be forced to PvP on one character and one faction to get rewards when I want them on someone else? It would be quite the effort to work on a NEW class to compete in ranked and then sacrifice the rewards from that class for somewhere else in the legacy.

4) QOL QOL QOL. That is what legacy based rewards would do, quality of life. PvP'ers love their rewards. The ones who earn them on the mains they love, good for them. Those who love the weaker classes would love the rewards, but don't have a chance due to faction imbalance or the fact their class kind of stinks. I'd play a lot more ranked knowing I could earn them on my Sith and send them to my Jedi. I'm sure a lot more players would too.

So, I ask BW, please implement this with the next season. You will see the few elitists who cry about wanting to be special snowflakes when in reality this would be the best option for all players.

Thank you.

/lobbying off :rak_03:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Will it be your current rating or your highest earned rating that determines what tier you'll end up in this season?

They didn't mention that. I know it's been highest earned rating in previous seasons but since they changed the system it would be nice to know.

I hope you guys are still watching this thread BW pvp devs! I will continue to lobby for the mentioned "all ranked rewards be legacy based."

This is why it should be implemented:

1) There is faction bias found on most servers. Yes, it could be argued that some servers are better now since cheap transfers occurred. However, many players don't want to leave their friends just so they can pvp on a certain faction. This is a great reason why all rewards should be legacy based.

2) This would not make the rewards worth less. Lets face it, some classes are better than others in ranked. The leaderboards reflect this. Kudos to the Commando who got tier one, but would he really care if he saw another commando with it? It would only take a quick look to see "Hey that guy earned it on his legacy." Only the elitists would care about such things, but most players would love the ability to get the reward on the character they WANT.

3) 1 and 2 go hand in hand with player choice. The pirate theme was AWESOME, but didn't fit too well with my Jedi/Sith. My merc would love it and I know my slinger would too. However, those are completely rubbish in ranked for me. I'd be willing (and other players too) to sacrifice a pirate set on the Jedi/Sith to put it on another character. Again, it should be my choice. Why should I be forced to PvP on one character and one faction to get rewards when I want them on someone else? It would be quite the effort to work on a NEW class to compete in ranked and then sacrifice the rewards from that class for somewhere else in the legacy.

4) QOL QOL QOL. That is what legacy based rewards would do, quality of life. PvP'ers love their rewards. The ones who earn them on the mains they love, good for them. Those who love the weaker classes would love the rewards, but don't have a chance due to faction imbalance or the fact their class kind of stinks. I'd play a lot more ranked knowing I could earn them on my Sith and send them to my Jedi. I'm sure a lot more players would too.

So, I ask BW, please implement this with the next season. You will see the few elitists who cry about wanting to be special snowflakes when in reality this would be the best option for all players.

Thank you.

/lobbying off :rak_03:

legacy based rewards are a bad idea because they ensure people will play only on their Flavor of the month toon to enure they get rewards to give to their lol crap merc.

They have just about ensured everything and their brother can play the flavor of the month class now in PVP its down right stupid.

Fast level to 60, free gear pretty much, why not give them legacy gear rewards to ensure they never bring that merc into PVP ever...

legacy based rewards are a bad idea because they ensure people will play only on their Flavor of the month toon to enure they get rewards to give to their lol crap merc.

They have just about ensured everything and their brother can play the flavor of the month class now in PVP its down right stupid.

Fast level to 60, free gear pretty much, why not give them legacy gear rewards to ensure they never bring that merc into PVP ever...

People will play on their FOTM regardless. Those who can't part with their mercs, have FOTM's already or are getting spanked in ranked.

It is understandable that the balance makes certain classes terrible in ranked, but it is what it is.

This is a QOL for all players. Don't queue if you don't like it.

Its been implemented too.

• 1 month later...
I was doing some number crunching and the amount of tokens you receive for example n Gold Tier is not enough to purchase everything from the previous tiers so actually at first glance it seems cooler because people can pick and choose but ultimately people are left with getting less items then previous seasons so I think you should contemplate readjusting token pay ours per tier....