Huttball is still popping way too much. Please address this.

TrixxieTriss

Queue for 16 matches and 9 of them are a HB style map.

2 Vandin

4 Quesh

3 original

No Void Star

No Hypergates

1 nova coast

2 civil war

1 Yavin

3 Odessen (which I hate and leave straight away).

I used to love HB, now I flat out hate it. This over representation of HB pops is bad. No one plays the ball or to win. It’s either one team member score all 6 goals or no one does. It’s never a balanced game at all because no one tries.

Let’s add the extremely bad dysnc that mainly happens in HB or is much worse than in any other map type.

Why can’t this dysnc be fixed? If it’s too hard to fix, DONT MAKE HB MAPS and remove these ones from the rotation or at least make them pop less.

It’s a complete waste of time.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I basically gave up pvp'ing because of this. I really enjoyed all the other maps, but night after night i was getting back to back HB. And when I'd get it, I'd get the sound drop bug and have to log out and back. Just not worth it anymore. :(

Agreed, though it looks like you were a bit unlucky. Last time i played, out of 10 matches only 2 were HB. However, on a larger scale it is a issue. So much popping causes people to disdain the mode entirely, typically on HB i see 3-4 leave, more so on vandin. Edited by Spoloma

Four out of six matches for me yesterday were Huttball, and that's just yesterday. As often as I PvP, I would say that well over 50% of the time it's Huttball. Not that it was ever a blast, but now it's getting to the point that I'm thinking about dropping when it pops, which I've never done. Something needs to be done, which it probably won't.

It's because they removed arenas from unranked que and they pop only when there aren't enough guys in que to make an 8 man map...

This was a very bad move and this is why we have so much Hutball.

But hey.. the casuals in unranked have fragile egos and feel intimidating by the thought of getting walked over in arenas and thus hate them...

Still... Huttball is the worst type of PVP ever created. It's pure trash and stupid and nowdays ruined by dsync and glitches...:mad:

It's because they removed arenas from unranked que and they pop only when there aren't enough guys in que to make an 8 man map...

This was a very bad move and this is why we have so much Hutball.

But hey.. the casuals in unranked have fragile egos and feel intimidating by the thought of getting walked over in arenas and thus hate them...

Still... Huttball is the worst type of PVP ever created. It's pure trash and stupid and nowdays ruined by dsync and glitches...:mad:

Aren’t they going to “fix” this issue along with bumping bolster to max level with the new expansion patch?

I wrote that ages ago btw, glad they finally used some sense and are going to bump bolster up, now they just need to renovate ranked scoring and change up the meta of power structure between the classes, or improve some of the weaker classes at least for the cherry on top.

Back to this topic, another bad facet to Huttball is many of the newer abilities (well “newer” is a stretch seeing they were mostly added to the game years ago) render the map obsolete.

Huttball was built around far less powerful movement abilities, and the map provided a far greater challenge to score early on. Now with predation, leaps, dashes, teleports, pulls, etc. it’s just too easy to score in many cases.

Huttball is a niche map, some players adore it, but many more seem to dislike it. I think it’s because the game mode is unique in that it is heavy objective oriented, so hardcore pvpers will either deathmatch it or just leave it, and PVE/RPers don’t enjoy getting deathmatched and/or don’t enjoy the heavy objective orientation of the map and how long it can last.

PVE/RPers don’t want a stressful and exceptionally long, glitchy, painful PVP map when they just want to finish their dailies in PVP as soon as possible.

These are just some issues with Huttball in my mind. Too bad they can’t create a Huttball league mode, where people that love objective Huttball can queue with others who also love to play Huttball objectively.

Sadly with the low pop now this might no longer be an option, but if swtor picks up subs maybe a Huttball league could be added to the game.

Edited by Lhancelot

• 4 months later...
Bioware, please, do something already.

This is never going to be fixed. Look at the date of my OP and this wasn’t the first thread on this problem.

Every since they introduced Vandin Hutt Ball, this excessive Hutt Ball popping has been too much. Musco even asked us back “when” about some options they could try to fix it. But as per F’ing usual, it was lip service and we never heard from them again.

If they were ever going to fix it, the expansion was the perfect time. So the likely hood of them doing something now, when they can’t even fix the simple loot tables, is about as likely as me winning lotto.

Eight threads on the PvP forums regarding Huttball. Looks like Huttball is the majority there as well...

I stopped PvP'ing a couple of months back, and Huttball certainly played into it.

Way back when those threads were created, I did an experiment and recorded every pop I had over a month. So there were 100’s of games as a sample.

Hutt Ball type map popped nearly 40% of the time.

I did have a chart with all the percentages based on the different maps, but I recently threw it out because I figured Bioware would never fix it.

Because of this and also the multitude of other pvp problems, I went from my play time being 95% Pvp, to 5% pvp. I now spend more time playing the GTN and running flash points than I pvp. There is so much that needs fixing before I’ll bother with it again. And to set the context of that, I’ve mainly played pvp since launch as my preferred content. Now that I’m not playing it, I’ve less to do in the game and there is less to keep me subscribed

(I know I’m not alone in that assessment. I’ve already seen a large amount of pvpers quit the game in the last 6 months)

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Way back when those threads were created, I did an experiment and recorded every pop I had over a month. So there were 100’s of games as a sample.

Hutt Ball type map popped nearly 40% of the time.

I did have a chart with all the percentages based on the different maps, but I recently threw it out because I figured Bioware would never fix it.

The percentage is roughly the same as I noted. I used my phone's 'notes' to keep track during a two to three week period and 40% seemed to be the norm.

The percentage is roughly the same as I noted. I used my phone's 'notes' to keep track during a two to three week period and 40% seemed to be the norm.

Which is statistically higher than it should be when they are 1/3rd of the map types.

I do remember from my notes that as individuals maps, Vandin pops the most of every type of map, then Voidstar, quesh ball and original Hutt ball (in that order)

That’s why Hutt ball style maps have a higher percentage of pops because they are already in the top 4 pops.

I stopped staying for any HB maps because the lag is terrible, the dysnc is terrible (especially playing against operatives), the bugs are terrible, the players don’t try to win and the maps pop 40% of the time.

Now I’ve pretty much stopped pvping because I get sick of requeuing And playing with people who don’t try to win.

R.I.P.

SWTOR pvp.

2012 to 2017

Rise the walking dead

2018 to 2020(?)

I have a different theory from playing for several hours. I think the warzones are on a timer. Like, for 20-30 minutes you get Vandin, another 30 you get Alderaan, another 30 you get voidstar.

I came up with the theory because usually the same warzone pops twice in a row and it keeps rotating between them. It also makes sense with how people feel like huttball might pop more often. I think it has to do with how they are schedualed. It also makes sense you get more Quesh cause it's the smaller map and is usually completed faster. The exception are arenas wich seem to pop when theres not enough people for a warzone and a timer of X minutes has passed.

With that said, huttball is awesome and the reason why i returned to the game. I was happy to see it was still around and i love to play it. Though i don't love the lag...

What i don't like are arenas being in the mix. It's a completely different gameplay type wich i DO NOT enjoy. 90% of the time i just leave immediately. Theres a mode for that. It doesn't need to be in warzones when it's not a warzone.

But my biggest issue is that premades are allowed to join as well and that just outright ruins the experience for solo queuers. Especially because the game now has even more burst. You cannot survive being focused by multiple players. One stun and you got from 100 to 0 hp. So being pitched against a group of randoms or a premade makes a huge difference.

So for me, there should be an unranked arena queue and that is where teams would be allowed to queue. Let warzones be a balanced solo queue experience. Also, fans of just killing other people can have their go at arenas rather than undermine warzones.

I've seen some threads with people asking for a WoW style black list. Let me tell you, you don't know what you are asking for. The queue timers in WoW BG's are in the order of 15 to 30 minutes. That is completely unacceptable.

Edited by Nemmar

I have a different theory from playing for several hours. I think the warzones are on a timer. Like, for 20-30 minutes you get Vandin, another 30 you get Alderaan, another 30 you get voidstar.

I came up with the theory because usually the same warzone pops twice in a row and it keeps rotating between them. It also makes sense with how people feel like huttball might pop more often. I think it has to do with how they are schedualed. It also makes sense you get more Quesh cause it's the smaller map and is usually completed faster. The exception are arenas wich seem to pop when theres not enough people for a warzone and a timer of X minutes has passed.

With that said, huttball is awesome and the reason why i returned to the game. I was happy to see it was still around and i love to play it. Though i don't love the lag...

What i don't like are arenas being in the mix. It's a completely different gameplay type wich i DO NOT enjoy. 90% of the time i just leave immediately. Theres a mode for that. It doesn't need to be in warzones when it's not a warzone.

But my biggest issue is that premades are allowed to join as well and that just outright ruins the experience for solo queuers. Especially because the game now has even more burst. You cannot survive being focused by multiple players. One stun and you got from 100 to 0 hp. So being pitched against a group of randoms or a premade makes a huge difference.

So for me, there should be an unranked arena queue and that is where teams would be allowed to queue. Let warzones be a balanced solo queue experience. Also, fans of just killing other people can have their go at arenas rather than undermine warzones.

I've seen some threads with people asking for a WoW style black list. Let me tell you, you don't know what you are asking for. The queue timers in WoW BG's are in the order of 15 to 30 minutes. That is completely unacceptable.

Literally hundreds of hours played in 6-8 hour brackets shows this theory holds no water. That is unless they changed something in the last 8 weeks,

Maybe present this continuing “feature” to someone in a position that can do something about it. Maybe send a PM to someone higher up. Seems posting hundreds of threads and posts on this topic fail to reach anyone that cares.

How many years has this been a thing? :rolleyes:

It just keeps getting worse though, because they keep adding/creating HuttBall maps.

Edited by Lhancelot

Maybe present this continuing “feature” to someone in a position that can do something about it. Maybe send a PM to someone higher up. Seems posting hundreds of threads and posts on this topic fail to reach anyone that cares.

It just keeps getting worse though, because they keep adding/creating HuttBall maps.

I think that's the main issue right there. Because of their skeleton crew, it would seem that redesigning something that's already in place, such as previous Huttball zones and changing it up a bit would be much faster than designing new zones or redesigning some of the larger maps. Their re-skinned mounts and armors are a perfect example.

LMAO... PM someone higher up.... ROFL 🤣 your wit is sooooo dry these days it makes me do a double take each time I read one of your posts :D

Edited by TrixxieTriss

These Old Hutt Ball threads gave me some inspiration on how they could fix Hutt balls reputation. Here’s an idea I had.

Hutt ball has become stale and people are sick of it for many reasons. So hardly anyone tries to play it properly anymore or care about winning by scoring. It’s all about who does the most damage.

Sadly, this is the new norm and nothing Bioware can do at this late stage to change that mentality

Bugs in the maps and Dysnc certainly don’t help and neither does the terrible class balance (for Hutt Ball) that gives specific classes a massive advantage in those maps to single handily score (I’m looking at you Operatives ;))

So, New concept : Death Ball (last person standing per round wins for their team).

* Change Hutt ball maps to 6-10 man (per side) death match and have random balls around the maps you can use to throw at the enemy and make them explode if they don’t pass it in 5 secs.

* But if you pick up the ball to use as a weapon, you have a limited time you can hold it till you also explode. You also can’t throw it on the ground, so you need to either pass to team mates so you don’t blow up or you need to throw it on an enemy.

* Speed and health boosters are still the same, but can only be used once per round.

* Gives a whole new dimension and feel to the maps and traps. Make all traps instant kills or permanently slow you for the round. Balls can’t be thrown over traps ;)

* Possibly 3-5 rounds of 5 mins each. You get one respawn per round. Once 5 mins is up, you have a similar death field like normal arena that forces the end of the match.

What are people’s thoughts on this sort of change and concept? I think it would make the dysnc and even the bugs less of an issue and all classes would be in the same situation as they are now in other combat focused maps.