Is it now time for a Hutt Ball league??

Icykill_

As we can see it isn't hard to remove a type of WZ from the queue...

Seperating WZ queue types should be on the Dev radar for future updates... Then people who prefer certain types of WZs can queue for those...

Reg categories -

Hutt Ball

Arena

Objective

Random queue

Ranked Yolo categories -

Arena

Hutt Ball League "player fame"... Great for people to show individual skill and also a good way for teams to recruit

8 man objective... A lot of ranked players are tired of arena... Plus it would allow other classes to participate

Random queue

Ranked team categories -

Arena

Hutt Ball League "team sports"... A proper league with team names that culminate in finals and grand finals per season.

8 man objective battle grounds... If it works, keep it... If not, just keep Yolo 8 man ranked for objective pvp

Random queue

To offset any queue problems... Add different daily and weeklies for each group/type and give bonuses for queuing random... Create weeklies for completing all the other weeklies for a group, Regs, Ranked...

Have different weekly "hero" maps or types, which gain a bigger bonus for completing..

There are so many ways to incentivise people to not just queue for one type... But it still allows those who don't like a specific type of pvp to not have to play it... Especially if they have limited game time and would prefer to only play pvp maps they enjoy...

This is a way to breath some new life into pvp without having to create new maps, which would be harder and more costly to do... It may even bring players back to the game who have wanted some of these features since launch

I still don't get why people want this. Huttball can be fun in casual or semi-competitive environments (a 4 man on each side or something). 8v8 ranked Huttball was TERRIBLE. Who has the most CC immune characters with fast autoclickers after someone scores? It wasn't at all dynamic and would need some completely new mechanics to make it that way.

I still think x-faction and x-server needs to happen before this ^ happens. but it is not a bad idea.

X-faction would be good... It would even allow mixed Hutt Ball league teams...

They've already said X-server isn't possible... I assume this is a game engine problem...

They could impliment x-faction at the same time as my proposed ideas...

I still don't get why people want this. Huttball can be fun in casual or semi-competitive environments (a 4 man on each side or something). 8v8 ranked Huttball was TERRIBLE. Who has the most CC immune characters with fast autoclickers after someone scores? It wasn't at all dynamic and would need some completely new mechanics to make it that way.

Some of us just love Hutt Ball... Some the best matches I've been in are so competitive because the teams and skills are high... I can only see a Hutt Ball league as an extension of that....

The issue before was people were usings a macro to pick up the ball instantly... It is nearly impossible for a clicker to beat that... As long as Bio made that impossible to do, then the playing field would be fair in that regard...

Plus tactics... It's not just about cc immunity... It's about knowing when to use stuns and slows... Too many people white bar people at the wrong time and then the ball carrier is immune and able to run to the line... I use this tactic all the time

I'd be down. I think offering incentives to queue for the lot (as is done with FP Dailies) would be great as well.

WoW did this successfully... I haven't played it since swtor launched... But when I did, most maps were played and queue times were low on each one

X-faction would be good... It would even allow mixed Hutt Ball league teams...

They've already said X-server isn't possible... I assume this is a game engine problem...

They could impliment x-faction at the same time as my proposed ideas...

They never said it wasn't possible, they just refuse to do it. At this point though the games population is so small that they may as well just have one server anyways.

They never said it wasn't possible, they just refuse to do it. At this point though the games population is so small that they may as well just have one server anyways.

I actually thought Eric let it slip on stream or something that it couldnt happen... Oh well... My bad... But either way you're right... At this point it would be better to merge... As long as they update the target servers hardware

Some of us just love Hutt Ball... Some the best matches I've been in are so competitive because the teams and skills are high... I can only see a Hutt Ball league as an extension of that....

The issue before was people were usings a macro to pick up the ball instantly... It is nearly impossible for a clicker to beat that... As long as Bio made that impossible to do, then the playing field would be fair in that regard...

Plus tactics... It's not just about cc immunity... It's about knowing when to use stuns and slows... Too many people white bar people at the wrong time and then the ball carrier is immune and able to run to the line... I use this tactic all the time

None of this is correct in 8v8 Huttball. HB is about CC and slows in casual, random play. The top 8v8 teams were literally about who got the ball when it spawned 6 times first. There is just no way you are killing someone through coordinated Guard, heals, and taunts with the mobility that classes have. It would be even worse today especially if you could create your comp specifically for HB.

I agree that HB can be really fun, but only as a casual game.