Are encounters easy to learn?

Didnt get much response to this in the tanking forum so trying the same post here.

Been wanting to tank but Im skeptical about everyone knowing me as a fail tank since LFG isnt server wide like it is in other games. I have tanked in other games and done a very good job but only because I found online guides for encounters so I had some idea of what to do when I got there. I havent found much on encounter guides and the ones I did manage to find only have EV and KP but not the newer stuff and are from like Feb so they have to be outdated. Are raids pretty easy to tank? Will be rolling a powertech if that matters. Also are there any new updated boss guides because google just brings back stuff from 9+ months ago? Or are they all easy and I dont have to worry about guides? I heard all FPs are faceroll except Lost Island might give some trouble but what about raids?

Join a guild..

All the flashpoints besides Lost Island are pretty much tank and spank..

Ops vary a little bit but the "hard parts" are knowing when to do tank swaps so far.. So yes, tanking is pretty easy in this game..

But you still, in my honest oppinion, can't learn the trickier fights from reading a guide and watching a video.. So, join a guild..

To be honest its a pretty easy learning curve all the way up till the EC/TFB HM and EC NIM, thats when u actually have to think a little more than just stand there as a meat shield.

And its not just about gear either knowing what your CD does and your strengths and weaknesses. Which kind of class do you plan on tanking.?

Powertechs are facerolling good DPS anyhow. No worries if you end up not wanting to tank.

It's generally not too hard to learn to tank. Bosses are much easier than trash in flashpoints, and in ops you'll have a guide or a more experienced partner to explain the swaps. If you're willing to listen to advice you'll go far.

I really enjoy my Vanguard, but tanking for a really good group in a 5man gets pretty dull.

Didnt get much response to this in the tanking forum so trying the same post here.

Been wanting to tank but Im skeptical about everyone knowing me as a fail tank since LFG isnt server wide like it is in other games. I have tanked in other games and done a very good job but only because I found online guides for encounters so I had some idea of what to do when I got there. I havent found much on encounter guides and the ones I did manage to find only have EV and KP but not the newer stuff and are from like Feb so they have to be outdated. Are raids pretty easy to tank? Will be rolling a powertech if that matters. Also are there any new updated boss guides because google just brings back stuff from 9+ months ago? Or are they all easy and I dont have to worry about guides? I heard all FPs are faceroll except Lost Island might give some trouble but what about raids?

What sever are you in? Because that can help in deciding a guild.