Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

More rewards for tanks and healers


Shingara's Avatar


Shingara
05.09.2013 , 09:22 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by jgoldsack View Post
I'm going by what the game tells me a class is. I don't see "smuggler" listed under class when I pull up the who list, other than for people who do not have an advanced class. You can ignore that if you want, but it is pretty clear in game what a class is. You are still arguing the definition of class...



First, I am glad this isn't WoW. I left that game for a reason, and am not going back to it.

Second, please show me where I can get those other 2 skill trees. I only have a choice of 3. And I don't see how allowing me to dual spec will change that, because Advanced Class is not a spec.
Ill show you where it says class, http://www.swtor.com/holonet/classes . But i dunno i never see orange gear that says must be x advanced class do you or x advanced vendor. And i never asked if you were happy to have left wow, still play wow or anything along those lines, i stated your defining class based on 3 trees, which your still doing.

And i dont see where we have dual spec so its academic, its very academic when your trying to compare wow class's to swtor class's.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

Zalekanzer's Avatar


Zalekanzer
05.09.2013 , 09:23 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
...
The comedy value is fruitful.
Shingara, I have (sadly) read all of your posts in this thread. Nothing you have said in relation to this topic has provided any value and in fact has only caused confusion due to your rampant twisting of words and back pedalling of stances. I can state emphatically that you are a troll of the highest order. My hat is off to you, sir. With that said, I have securely deduced that nothing you post in this forum will be of use to any persons who wish to engage in common sense or reasoned debate. Welcome to /ignore.
<The Harbinger> Anzer Katzin Requiel Zevka Katzera

Shingara's Avatar


Shingara
05.09.2013 , 09:25 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by SuperNobbs View Post
Attempting to make me feel silly won't work. Having read all of this conversation, you're in no postition to make anyone feel silly really.

Shall i go into depth on what i meant? Make it easier to understand for you? Mkay.

There is no downside to a system that rewards players "That are needed for the GF to function adequately".

There is no fault in a system that just rewards people for every run, mkay

As in if it needs tanks, then reward the tanks. If it needs DPS, then reward the dps. Etc etc

So if the reward is there for every run people will q for it more mkay

All you have done is attempt to belittle others with your know-it-all attitude and make out that a good idea, is infact, not that good at all. If this works in WOW, the most popular MMO on the planet, then we can only assume, it will work here.

All you have done is not a great deal when all i have asked for is proof that giving rewards to only tanks and healers works, mkay it was me that said give it to all roles, mkay


Oh and the waffles are great. Before eating them they told me you have the integrity and intelligence levels equal to that of a slab of limestone.

if waffles are talking to you i dont think its me you need to worry about mkay

MMMM kay
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

jgoldsack's Avatar


jgoldsack
05.09.2013 , 09:27 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
Ill show you where it says class, http://www.swtor.com/holonet/classes . But i dunno i never see orange gear that says must be x advanced class do you or x advanced vendor. And i never asked if you were happy to have left wow, still play wow or anything along those lines, i stated your defining class based on 3 trees, which your still doing.

And i dont see where we have dual spec so its academic, its very academic when your trying to compare wow class's to swtor class's.
I'm going to say it one more time, since you apparently fail to grasp it.

Go look IN GAME. Not the website. IN THE GAME. Open up your guild list/friends list/who list. Look at the column "Class". It defines it right there, what the game thinks classes are.

Obviously the website and game to not match up their verbage, but one has to take what is in game as the "actual" meaning, since that is what it is programmed to be for every single player who plays.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

http://www.swtor.com/r/ycmWN7 <-- link for some free stuff!

SuperNobbs's Avatar


SuperNobbs
05.09.2013 , 09:32 AM | #65
Wait thats your comebacks? To.... Wait for it...... Attempt to correct me (In order to make me feel less intelligent no doubt) and then offer advice based on my sanity?

Phew..... No idea how to recover from that....... Thats..... Wow.

Swiftly back onto topic, The system is a good idea. It will work, as it has in other games. It would have to be switched up a bit so you can get it multiple times, whether it be Credits/Comms (I'm thinking creds, as people will be getting comms far to quickly otherwise). I can happily switch from Tank to DPS to fill slots, same as some others can happily switch from DPS to Heals/Tank. So i think its a good idea. I get that some classes can't do to much (Sentinel for one) but hey, with the sheer amount of players that should jump at this idea, for those select few it shouldn't be a problem.

Anyone else have any intelligent input then by all means, post away.

Shingara's Avatar


Shingara
05.09.2013 , 09:34 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by SuperNobbs View Post
It will work,
Prove it, I mean you didnt even read what i wrote did you lol.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

SuperNobbs's Avatar


SuperNobbs
05.09.2013 , 09:35 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by jgoldsack View Post
I'm going to say it one more time, since you apparently fail to grasp it.

Go look IN GAME. Not the website. IN THE GAME. Open up your guild list/friends list/who list. Look at the column "Class". It defines it right there, what the game thinks classes are.

Obviously the website and game to not match up their verbage, but one has to take what is in game as the "actual" meaning, since that is what it is programmed to be for every single player who plays.
Dude has a point. With most MMO's and even card games, Whats on the actual Game/Card will always supersede anything else. Bravo good sir.

Shingara's Avatar


Shingara
05.09.2013 , 09:35 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by jgoldsack View Post
I'm going to say it one more time, since you apparently fail to grasp it.

Go look IN GAME. Not the website. IN THE GAME. Open up your guild list/friends list/who list. Look at the column "Class". It defines it right there, what the game thinks classes are.

Obviously the website and game to not match up their verbage, but one has to take what is in game as the "actual" meaning, since that is what it is programmed to be for every single player who plays.
Do me a favour, go look up RD-07A Spider bracers, thanks.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

jgoldsack's Avatar


jgoldsack
05.09.2013 , 09:51 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
Do me a favour, go look up RD-07A Spider bracers, thanks.
That's because it can be used by both advanced classes. Easier than to put "Requires: Scoundrel, Gunslinger".

But whatever. You obviously are fine with ignoring my point, because it negates your argument.

Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
Actualy whilst we are at it tell me what Captain Qonbla, Juuho, dobe and Briqui are and there titles.
We are talking about players, not NPCs. Please go look up what I said to go look at in game, and tell me what it says players classes are.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

http://www.swtor.com/r/ycmWN7 <-- link for some free stuff!

Shingara's Avatar


Shingara
05.09.2013 , 09:53 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by jgoldsack View Post
That's because it can be used by both advanced classes. Easier than to put "Requires: Scoundrel, Gunslinger".

But whatever. You obviously are fine with ignoring my point, because it negates your argument.
Quote: Originally Posted by jgoldsack View Post
We are talking about players, not NPCs. Please go look up what I said to go look at in game, and tell me what it says players classes are.
i moved this here because thought more fitting.

No quite the contrary, but actualy whilst we are at it tell me what Captain Qonbla, Juuho, dobe and Briqui are and there titles. They are very specific npcs.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731