Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

More rewards for tanks and healers

mithriltabby
05.10.2013 , 06:50 PM | #141
Having the reward be sensitive to caps would be a good idea: if you’ve already reached capacity, it should be some other incentive. I liked the idea of rare crafting materials as the bonus, as you can use them or sell them.

TridusSWTOR
05.10.2013 , 08:30 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
oh lord, no, please no to cross server queues. WoW implemented it for the most part to mask the dwindling population on a lot of the servers, to help out servers that were mostly dead, but they still refused to merge because merging servers looks bad. remember the doom and gloom about TOR and the whole "omg, the game is dying" yeah... unlike rewarding specific needed roles, all cross server queue does is increase overall pool of players while keeping ratios the same. and we are trying to close the gap between healers/tanks and dps, not keep it same.

it does invite a lot more abuse since there's less chance of ignore actually having any discernible effect on queues of a jerk - thus removing their need to act less like a jerk.

but I do agree that extra reward should only come with a solo queue.

and my favorite solution is STILl reworking group composition to include more dps in a first place.

P.S. @ Tridus, who is your alleged alt? (I have shingara/raphiel on ignore, so its been mostly free of silliness for me)
You got some very good points about cross server queue's. I left WoW before it did any of the stuff people mentioned so I can only go off other players experiences with cross-server queue's. I still think it'll help with the PVP community but maybe not so much on the PVE side of things.

As for my alt, I honestly have no clue. They said I have a alt account because someone disagreed with them or some such. You can watch the timing period of there post, they seem to be within 3-5mins of posting together, sounds fishy.

Well just from there latest post, they don't really have much to add. Which is why I labeled as trolling.

Galandro
05.11.2013 , 12:27 AM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
oh lord, no, please no to cross server queues.
I agree. Cross-server dungeon finder in WOW had a overall corrosive effect on the community. My experience in SWTOR's group finder has been mostly positive, especially in max-level flashpoints. I encounter familiar guilds all the time, and it's not unusual to run across folks I've grouped with in the past. Running into a tank you know is solid or a dps who has a good sense of humor really does take the sting out of pugging.

I'm not saying everyone is buddy-buddy and every pug is silky smooth, but, in general, I've found people are at least polite and rarely freak out at the first mistake. On my server at least.

I have no opinion on whether cross-server grouping for PVP would be a good or bad thing, but as far as PVE content goes, I literally hope it's the last thing Bioware tries to speed up queues.

Quote:
P.S. @ Tridus, who is your alleged alt? (I have shingara/raphiel on ignore, so its been mostly free of silliness for me)
It's unfortunate that a thread with a good suggestion has been derailed by bickering folks none of whom are helping their own cause.