Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

More rewards for tanks and healers


Shingara's Avatar


Shingara
05.09.2013 , 03:52 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Caelrie View Post
I'm not the only one in this thread who's read everything you've written and can't make heads or tails out of your argument.
jesus, you cant make head nor tail yet you have agreed with me on my point, ok. The fundamental problem with the RGF isnt that tanks and healers need more rewards, its that everyone needs a reward per run. The RGF needs to be rewarding and encourage instance running from lvl 10-55 not just at 50-55.

The problem isnt a lack of healers or tanks and it wont be improved by people having to make an alt todo 1 run a day/week for those rewards if you dont have that as your main ac. The problem isnt that your idea isnt a bad idea in principle, its that you state it works with zero proof and that people wouldnt game the system.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

Mowermanx's Avatar


Mowermanx
05.09.2013 , 03:52 AM | #32
I concur with the OP, incentives for tanks to cue would be a good addition to this game.

Caelrie's Avatar


Caelrie
05.09.2013 , 03:54 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
jesus, you cant make head nor tail yet you have agreed with me on my point, ok. The fundamental problem with the RGF isnt that tanks and healers need more rewards, its that everyone needs a reward per run. The RGF needs to be rewarding and encourage instance running from lvl 10-55 not just at 50-55.

The problem isnt a lack of healers or tanks and it wont be improved by people having to make an alt todo 1 run a day/week for those rewards if you dont have that as your main ac. The problem isnt that your idea isnt a bad idea in principle, its that you state it works with zero proof and that people wouldnt game the system.
I don't think this post is very in touch with reality. If I queue as a tank, I get in a group instantly. If I queue as a healer, I get in after 10-15 minutes. If I queue as DPS, it takes 1-2 hours.

It's not rocket science that this means there are far more DPS than healers, and more healers than tanks. And stop with the 1 run a day nonsense. Bioware could recode the groupfinder to offer the incentive every single time you queue if they want to.

Shingara's Avatar


Shingara
05.09.2013 , 03:58 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Caelrie View Post
I don't think this post is very in touch with reality. If I queue as a tank, I get in a group instantly. If I queue as a healer, I get in after 10-15 minutes. If I queue as DPS, it takes 1-2 hours.

It's not rocket science that this means there are far more DPS than healers, and more healers than tanks.
The only thing not in touch with reality is your posts, you just disagreed with yourself, you do realise this dont you, Its not rocket science if you only get 1 reward per day and you are doing them for rewards then you will only do them once per day.

And if i can q for a RGF as a tank and get a group within 5 mins, 1 as a healer and get a group within 5 mins and get a group as a dps within 30 that isnt factual statement of what everyone gets, thats simply the average time that i am entering rgf. Your not stating to offer it to everyone every run though are you , your stating to only do it for tanks and healers for 1 run.


So show me proof it works or stop.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

Caelrie's Avatar


Caelrie
05.09.2013 , 04:06 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
Your not stating to offer it to everyone every run though are you , your stating to only do it for tanks and healers for 1 run.
Who's not reading? I've said that Bioware should offer it every run 5 different times now.

zzoorrzz's Avatar


zzoorrzz
05.09.2013 , 04:07 AM | #36
There's no need to reward them for queing in GF. Let's punish them for not doing that instead! I think that'd be more fun.

Shingara's Avatar


Shingara
05.09.2013 , 04:08 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Caelrie View Post
Who's not reading? I've said that Bioware should offer it every run 5 different times now.
HA you just stated my post isnt in touch with reality when i said it, still dont see this stat proof just giving tanks and healers rewards works. You know you did state it works. Ow and you going back and editing doesnt work when you have been quoted, just a heads up.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

MajikMyst's Avatar


MajikMyst
05.09.2013 , 04:22 AM | #38
As a tank.. My only question would be.. What would this extra reward be?? Extra coms?? At least one guaranteed tank or healer drop that is automatically given to the tank or healer??

I guess that is the most important question to me..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

Jeweledleah's Avatar


Jeweledleah
05.09.2013 , 06:55 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
Again you miss my point, there is no proof this worked, just proof that you swapped roles to get those rewards, within this game that would involve re rolling for people who cannot get those rewards via respec within there AC. I notice you are also looking at this from only 1 angle and that is endgame, IF this is something to look at in the terms of encouraging people to use the RGF then the system has to encorperate the whole playerbase.

It has to start from lvl 10-55, it has to encourage players that support roles are required yet not deter people from being there chosen playstyle simply for material gain that is otherwise blocked from them and encourage group play within RGF outside of normal leveling.

It also would never have bothered me in the slightest if they had never said THIS WORKS with zero proof.
rewards are optional.

people who can respec to a needed role, will not always do so, why? because they are playing dps for a reason.

this is NOT meant to encourage dps people to tank or heal. this is meant to encourage existing tanks and healers to queue more often. its meant to encourage people who respect to dps that maybe its worth it for them to spec back to a needed role.

and now, I'm not just looking at it merely from perspective on end game. did I EVER say that reward should be limited to endgame? you were the one who assumed it.

I'm not even a fan of this idea, and while it does work to an extent (no matter how much you'd like to deny it) and your argument makes no sense to me.

we don't have a problem with dps queueing. tanks and healers are ALWAYS the bottleneck. so OP is trying to come up with an idea how to make that bottle neck slightly less severe. the fact that playing dps is a fun, relaxing role with relatively less responsibility is encouragement enough. there is NO need to reward the dps. to repeat myself again, because you don't seem to get what this topic is about. DPS are already queuing so much that their wait times are far FAR longer than that of people playing tanks and healers. their reward would be faster queues, because more people would show up in needed queues.

do
you
get it?

or are you STILL confused?
the purpose of the system to make queues shorter for everyone, especially dps. the system works because by given incentives to tanks/healers to queue more often, it makes wait times shorter for sdps. WHICH is the purpose of proposed system. and for that purpose, it DOES work.

@ Macic - reward would need to be something desirable, but and something that would making gearing faster and therefore remove tanks from the queue faster, thus defeating the purpose. either chance at super rare fluff (like speeders you can no longer purchase in game/expensive rep speeders - make them legacy bound while we're at it, maybe rare pets) or heck - 3 cartel coins per run or something like that - not enough to make it super unfair to other roles, but enough to serve as genuine incentive. with some extra credits to boot, to cover any extra repair bills (I'd need THAT as a healer, because gosh darn, keep **** off me group, fer cripes sakes /grumbles)

Shingara's Avatar


Shingara
05.09.2013 , 07:11 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
rewards are optional.

people who can respec to a needed role, will not always do so, why? because they are playing dps for a reason.

this is NOT meant to encourage dps people to tank or heal. this is meant to encourage existing tanks and healers to queue more often. its meant to encourage people who respect to dps that maybe its worth it for them to spec back to a needed role.

and now, I'm not just looking at it merely from perspective on end game. did I EVER say that reward should be limited to endgame? you were the one who assumed it.

I'm not even a fan of this idea, and while it does work to an extent (no matter how much you'd like to deny it) and your argument makes no sense to me.

we don't have a problem with dps queueing. tanks and healers are ALWAYS the bottleneck. so OP is trying to come up with an idea how to make that bottle neck slightly less severe. the fact that playing dps is a fun, relaxing role with relatively less responsibility is encouragement enough. there is NO need to reward the dps. to repeat myself again, because you don't seem to get what this topic is about. DPS are already queuing so much that their wait times are far FAR longer than that of people playing tanks and healers. their reward would be faster queues, because more people would show up in needed queues.

do
you
get it?

or are you STILL confused?
Does that actually work on anyone where you were dragged up to talk to them like that, i am wondering because your basic concpet of the problem is so far out of whack its not even funny. You state 'rewards are optional' yet are trying to endorse a reward scheme specifically for just tanks and healers, only giving it to tanks and healers encourages dps to roll out of there role specificaly for rewards, you know like you did. That role you didnt really like but you did because and the answer is........ ding, rewards.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
the purpose of the system to make queues shorter for everyone, especially dps. the system works because by given incentives to tanks/healers to queue more often, it makes wait times shorter for sdps. WHICH is the purpose of proposed system. and for that purpose, it DOES work.
And again, show me proof. I have yet to see proof where just treating the tanks and healers increase rgf, so show me that proof, go on, im waiting, but all im seeing is alot of hot air.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731