Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PTS doesn't complete the patching process

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
PTS doesn't complete the patching process

Vehoc
07.07.2018 , 03:32 AM | #1
It stucks at installing game client 190. Any advice?

Jerba
07.07.2018 , 04:51 AM | #2
  1. Close the launcher.
  2. Go to your SWTOR folder. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic)
  3. Delete the file "retailclient_publictest.version".
  4. Open the launcher again, login and switch to PTS.
  5. Now the download and installation should work.

If you still have problems, please go to the "logs" folder and copy & paste the most recent log so I can see what your exact error message is.
Scoundrel healer. Raid leader. Guild officer @ Tulak Hord

Vehoc
07.07.2018 , 05:24 AM | #3
Thanks for the advice, deleted the file and the patching process seems to be working ATM. Thanks. I'll let you know if this time it works

Unfortunately the game doesn't work. It launches normally, but after some seconds on loading screen it goes back to desktop...

Jerba
07.07.2018 , 05:34 AM | #4
Spoiler

Glad to hear I could help!

Vehoc
07.07.2018 , 05:38 AM | #5
I've got an update while you where writing…

Now the game crashes at loading screen. Only unistall and reinstall? Or there are other options?

With Windows + R I got the error, code C5, missing assets. How can I download the PTS files again?

Jerba
07.07.2018 , 05:51 AM | #6
No need to do a full reinstall, just repair it. Open the launcher, login and switch to PTS. Do not hit Play, instead go to settings (top-right corner) and hit the repair button. This will take a while, but it is faster than doing a full reinstall.

Also, make sure to copy your settings from the live client, that way things like graphics, resolution and interfaces will be present. See here: PSA: copy your live client settings when the game doesn't load on PTS

Vehoc
07.07.2018 , 06:59 AM | #7
Thanks a lot

Repairing now. Thanks again!