Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Ask Elrathion


misteranthonyk's Avatar


misteranthonyk
04.16.2012 , 09:50 AM | #251
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruuprect View Post
I have been using the 1/12/28, works about the same but you dont take force wave. I beleive this is still the best PvE dps spec right now.
I suppose. It just feels like such a waste when that POM is up and mind crush is on cooldown...

Pdubya's Avatar


Pdubya
04.16.2012 , 04:12 PM | #252
Thanks Elrathion!

Do you lose alot of DPS if you go the defense route? I just find soloing I take alot of damage. Whereas in a group I'm completely fine. (I don't really die alot I just find the incoming damage quite high.)

What do you think?

Jacobotero's Avatar


Jacobotero
04.17.2012 , 12:11 PM | #253
Hey Elrathion!
I'm a PvP sage (and I don't care PvR) with 3/7/31 typical spec, how much alacrity i need? Do I have to reach a 5%?
Thank you very much for this thread

Elrathion's Avatar


Elrathion
04.17.2012 , 12:17 PM | #254
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruuprect View Post
I have been using the 1/12/28, works about the same but you dont take force wave. I beleive this is still the best PvE dps spec right now.
this is correct, but it's really close to full madness n telek ;>

Elrathion's Avatar


Elrathion
04.17.2012 , 12:45 PM | #255
Quote: Originally Posted by Pdubya View Post
Thanks Elrathion!

Do you lose alot of DPS if you go the defense route? I just find soloing I take alot of damage. Whereas in a group I'm completely fine. (I don't really die alot I just find the incoming damage quite high.)

What do you think?
the defensive tk spec is slightly lower damage, but still very much capable of setting up a good burst. Difference is that you can spotheal when need calls for it

Elrathion's Avatar


Elrathion
04.17.2012 , 12:46 PM | #256
Quote: Originally Posted by Jacobotero View Post
Hey Elrathion!
I'm a PvP sage (and I don't care PvR) with 3/7/31 typical spec, how much alacrity i need? Do I have to reach a 5%?
Thank you very much for this thread
my suggestion would be to get your surge to the point where it's no longer interesting to stack, which is around 72-75%, and after that your alacrity will result naturally So don't worry about getting it; you can't get around it anyway

Sinladin's Avatar


Sinladin
04.17.2012 , 07:13 PM | #257
Hey Elrathion, I decided to make a new pvp video with the 0-20-21 specc and also one with a more pve friendly 0-13-28 specc. I hope its okay that I mention your thread in them, as I have recieved great help in my way of playing a jedi sage by reading your posts.

0-20-21 Specc
0-13-28 Specc

Best wishes
Sin
Jedi Sage Sinlady Ôrgana
Gamersresourcetv Website Facebook SWTOR Playlist
◄ Your portal to games/photoshop/after effects etc ►

Sifter's Avatar


Sifter
04.17.2012 , 07:31 PM | #258
Quote: Originally Posted by Elrathion View Post
There are several options for the build you ask for, a very good one is 21-2-18. Any build now where you do damage and dps will severely screw over your heal output now. Before I went 27-0-14 and I was able to put sick heals and constant dps through, but i guess those days are gone
Anyone using the 21-2-18? Can you provide a link to it? I'm still levelling and I'd like to keep my build balanced between healing and damage for the moment. When I hit 50, then I'll probably pick a less balanced build.

eventidephoenix's Avatar


eventidephoenix
04.17.2012 , 11:06 PM | #259
Quote: Originally Posted by Sinladin View Post
Hey Elrathion, I decided to make a new pvp video with the 0-20-21 specc and also one with a more pve friendly 0-13-28 specc. I hope its okay that I mention your thread in them, as I have recieved great help in my way of playing a jedi sage by reading your posts.

0-20-21 Specc
0-13-28 Specc

Best wishes
Sin
Ur videos were very useful

I tried both out and I found something: in sufficiently organized games, 0-12-29 (i'm running it with sever force) works better than 0-20-21

In more serious games or very disorganized games where survival is necessary, 0-20-21 works a lot better... you can't dish out as much dps but you survive longer, and keeps the team busy with trying to hunt you down...

So I had to conclude 0-20-21 is the most viable build now

Cempa's Avatar


Cempa
04.17.2012 , 11:33 PM | #260
Quote: Originally Posted by Sinladin View Post
Hey Elrathion, I decided to make a new pvp video with the 0-20-21 specc and also one with a more pve friendly 0-13-28 specc. I hope its okay that I mention your thread in them, as I have recieved great help in my way of playing a jedi sage by reading your posts.

0-20-21 Specc
0-13-28 Specc

Best wishes
Sin
I leveled as hybrid, reached 7x as hybrid and have been playing 0/20/21 since 1.2 hit. Affliction/Weaken Mind needs 100% uptime as long as a target is in range -that is being attacked. Whirlwind/Force Lift on CD as much as possible -though in PuG's they seem to only attack what I CC. Recklessness/Force Potency when Barrage/Psychic Projection procs -does not use the stacks and you can double dip the cast.

I see that you, like myself, has gotten more cocky with better gear, allowing players to get in melee range and tanking some damage. Its a bad habit I am trying to break because PuG play has made me lazy. As soon as you face any competent setup they will make you pay if you play that cocky.
“When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master.”