server questions

SpacemanR

You can play on any server, and however many servers, you want to.

You may see some latency issues if you're living on the east coast and playing on the Oceanic servers, but you can still play on them if you choose.

As for server hopping, I currently play on 3 different ones. 1 for Empire, 1 for Republic, and 1 for RP.

There are (currently) no character transfers between servers, so you'll have to create new characters on any new servers you play on, though.

okay,, thank you. If someone likes their adventures "exiting" should they go for a server with a very high population or doesn't it matter? I heard that the server called the fatman, which I think that is the right name, was the best balance of Republic/imperial and the last time I logged on, the populace was standard. If someone wants to be where a lot of the action is, should one go to a server with a very, very high populace even though it means that there could be lag, or other problems? Basically, should one sacrifice gameplay for "action" like pvp or is it better to sacrifice action for normal gameplay and not run into any problems with trying to play the game's story? Edited by SpacemanR

I would recommend choosing a high population server right now. Being on a lighter population server and having difficulties getting groups for activities is not fun. I personally have experienced very little lag on a medium to high server, but it may have to do with how good your pc is. If it's low-end then it might struggle when there's 200+ people on the fleet.

You can use http://www.torstatus.net/ (use the correct region) to look at relative server populations. Note that it doesn't show faction balances. The Fatman does indeed have a high population, but it's PvP. Make sure you know what you're getting into with that.

Don't be afraid to ask more questions here: this is generally a very helpful forum.

thanks! So, I was in the game yesterday and some of the players were having "questionable" coversations and some of them were using foul language. I think that the filter was on because all I saw was a bunch of stars, but regardless of the filter being on. I wanted to report them, but I did not see no report button, just the options to open a ticket with customer support. Is there an easier way to report people who are breaking the rules? I'm sorry that this is not a server question.

thanks! So, I was in the game yesterday and some of the players were having "questionable" coversations and some of them were using foul language. I think that the filter was on because all I saw was a bunch of stars, but regardless of the filter being on. I wanted to report them, but I did not see no report button, just the options to open a ticket with customer support. Is there an easier way to report people who are breaking the rules? I'm sorry that this is not a server question.

Unless it's hate speech, harassment, or is directed at a specific player, using foul language is not agianst the Rules of Conduct. That is what the filter is for. It's an MMO. You can't regulate foul language. Deal with it.

Edited by Owsley

You cant really flag someone who was speaking profanity's if they are not directing them at any person or group. Now if the person was constantly saying over and over like spam, i believe you can report for spamming general chat.

One of the rules of the beast as all games marked with online game play give that warning that gameplay is subject to change when playing online.

but if what you say is true, if you are unable to report someone, then they will just figure out that they can get away with it and they will continue to do it until it gets out of control and then Bioware will have more problems then they can deal with. If they don't get in trouble for the little things, they will "move up the ladder" if you get my meaning. If it does come to harassment of me or any other player, is there a fast way to report them, like /report or something like that?

but if what you say is true, if you are unable to report someone, then they will just figure out that they can get away with it and they will continue to do it until it gets out of control and then Bioware will have more problems then they can deal with. If they don't get in trouble for the little things, they will "move up the ladder" if you get my meaning. If it does come to harassment of me or any other player, is there a fast way to report them, like /report or something like that?

That's a pretty big leap. Why don't you cross that bridge when you come to it? If you start reporting people for foul language that does not violate the terms of use, nothing will happen. If you are harassed you can /ignore the person and if it escaltes, you can report them via the trouble ticket. You can also flagged unwanted email. Seem to me that if you are easily offended by language this and other MMOs are not the game for you. Have a nice troll.

Edited by Owsley

For high pop server head over to the fatman.

This is my 3rd server and im getting tired of this starting over because the population of a server i was on is dying out. No not because of players moving to the fatman but because they arent playing or quit.

Bioware needs to reduces the amount of NA servers they have and give out free 1 time server swaps and include server transfers for a fee like some games do.

I started on The cruciable pits. it was heavy populated for like a month back in lat dec mid jan and then I left that server to find better guilds and players so i moved onto warriors of the shadow..That server had more population then the TCP's.

Now not even 2 months later im moving onto another server because those populations have droped insanely low in such a short time.

Off time on the fatman there like 100 on the fleet and close to half that on starting planets..Keep in mind im on the west coast and thats a east coast server. I usualy log out around 11pm-12am west coast time so thats around 2-3am eastcoast. On the 2 servers i stated..they never have that many on at their peak times.

Whats realy messed up about all of this, is the legacy xp. Since 1.2 is bringing legacy items for lvls you have..Cant use them because i cant tranfer my toons from another server or because im starting over.

That's a pretty big leap. Why don't you cross that bridge when you come to it? If you start reporting people for foul language that does not violate the terms of use, nothing will happen. If you are harassed you can /ignore the person and if it escaltes, you can report them via the trouble ticket. You can also flagged unwanted email. Seem to me that if you are easily offended by language this and other MMOs are not the game for you. Have a nice troll.

No, I'm not easly offened by lanuage. I can handle four letter words as long as they aren't the f word and sometimes the sh word, other then that, I can handle it. I just thought that I could report someone for harrasing other players or myself. I know you can /ingore someone, but in order to report someone for harassment or spam, you have to open a ticket and you cannot do /report? I sometimes notice that when you submit a ticket, bioware CS doesn't answer right away.

Edited by SpacemanR

No, I'm not easly offened by lanuage. I can handle four letter words as long as they aren't the f word and sometimes the sh word, other then that, I can handle it.

TRANSLATION:

"I am exceptionally easily offended by language and I can't handle four letter words."

No, I'm not easly offened by lanuage. I can handle four letter words as long as they aren't the f word and sometimes the sh word, other then that, I can handle it. I just thought that I could report someone for harrasing other players or myself. I know you can /ingore someone, but in order to report someone for harassment or spam, you have to open a ticket and you cannot do /report? I sometimes notice that when you submit a ticket, bioware CS doesn't answer right away.

if you see those words then maybe your profanity filter isnt turned on

You missed his OP. The filter IS on and he sees "@#$%" but still wants to report them. Sound like a troll to me.

I don't think you really understand me, I don't want to become the "language police" but if something really bad happens tha's not language related such as harrasing, how do I quickly report it without having to submit a ticket?