Question about the gear and set bomus - pls help

Haven't been playing for over one year and in that period many thing have changed.

Now, I have 2 questions:

1) Let's say that I get 2 times underworld greaves from operations. I am, lets say, in full Arkanian Gear.

Now, will replace my Arkanian greaves with Underworld greaves and I will have set bonus. BUT - can I rip armoring from the other greaves, put it in, say, chest and get Underworld chestpiece?

2) If I buy, say, Verpine gloves (don't have set bonus), which parts of Arkanian greaves I can replace to keep the set bonus? Mod and enhanchement?

And if I do that - what's my new gear rating? 162 or 168?

Does anybody know or have some link that will explain? Was on Dulfy, but didn't find answer there, only guide commendation/gear etc.

1) Let's say that I get 2 times underworld greaves from operations. I am, lets say, in full Arkanian Gear.

Now, will replace my Arkanian greaves with Underworld greaves and I will have set bonus. BUT - can I rip armoring from the other greaves, put it in, say, chest and get Underworld chestpiece?

No. Armorings are bound to the type of piece they came from, e.g., leg armorings can only go in leg pieces, etc.

2) If I buy, say, Verpine gloves (don't have set bonus), which parts of Arkanian greaves I can replace to keep the set bonus? Mod and enhanchement?

The set bonus is tied to the armoring only. Meaning, you could put the Arkanian glove armoring into the Verpine gloves and it would count towards the bonus. The mod and ehancement don't matter in this regard.

Haven't been playing for over one year and in that period many thing have changed.

Now, I have 2 questions:

And if I do that - what's my new gear rating? 162 or 168?

Does anybody know or have some link that will explain? Was on Dulfy, but didn't find answer there, only guide commendation/gear etc.

1. Answer - No, you cannot do this. Once ripped out of a piece of gear, armorings, hilts, barrels now are bound to that particular slot. So you can't take legs armoring out of the legs and put them in, say, a chest piece. Also, you cannot take out an off-hand hilt and put it in a main-hand saber. Same is true for barrels, although it's even worse as you can't take out a shotgun barrel and put it in a blaster pistol, etc.

2. Answer - Your gear rating is determined by the ARMORING, nothing else. You CAN replace the mod and enhancement without losing the set bonus.