Rest XP?

Eqor

From experience I can tell it vanishes. My friend gave me his old account when he quit, went from Sub to Preferred and his characters lost their rested XP.

Yes but does it truly vanish? Or is it saved for you once you resubb?

i stopped playing for over a year, came back and resubbed then logged back on and all my chars had rested exp to full it seemed like. So did it save it for me because i could have played before that but of course i would be pref and not a sub

Yes but does it truly vanish? Or is it saved for you once you resubb?

i stopped playing for over a year, came back and resubbed then logged back on and all my chars had rested exp to full it seemed like. So did it save it for me because i could have played before that but of course i would be pref and not a sub

Sounds like it builds automatically whether you are subbed or not (it pre-dates F2P) and unlocks again when you reactivate your subscription.

Sounds like it builds automatically whether you are subbed or not (it pre-dates F2P) and unlocks again when you reactivate your subscription.

Correct this i can tell from experience as i went preferred lost my rested xp left for a month resubed and had quiet alot of rested xp on my character

Correct this i can tell from experience as i went preferred lost my rested xp left for a month resubed and had quiet alot of rested xp on my character

I do know it maxes out at one full level though. So, lets say your level requires 500k to reach the next level, it stops at 500k rested xp. It doesn't matter whether you are 499K to go, or nearly there. But since only killing mobs reduces it (not quest turn ins, exploration or lore objects) that can easily stretch for several levels.

Been f2p and just subscribed this weekend. I can vouch that none of my characters had rested experience.

I do have a question on rested experience however. How long does it take to cap? A few days, week, longer?

Dont have any exact numbers but think its around 4-5 days from my experience (to go from 0 to capped rested xp)

Been f2p and just subscribed this weekend. I can vouch that none of my characters had rested experience.

I do have a question on rested experience however. How long does it take to cap? A few days, week, longer?

You can only gain as much rested XP as you have to fill you current XP bar. You gain 1 XP every 6 seconds so it's an factor of how much you need.

You can only gain as much rested XP as you have to fill you current XP bar. You gain 1 XP every 6 seconds so it's an factor of how much you need.

That's not true (or your wording is weird). If I'm at 95% full to my next level, then gain just enough to level up, my rested XP fills up most of my next bar.

Imagine the size of your current XP bar, that is the max you can have ahead of you. If you're near the end and about to level, and you have max rested XP, you have as much rested XP ahead of you as your entire current XP bar would hold (if it were empty).

Also I didn't see it mentioned but only mob kills use up the rested XP. When you turn in a mission your XP goes up but the rested XP isn't used and it looks like the rested XP jumps way ahead.

That's not true (or your wording is weird). If I'm at 95% full to my next level, then gain just enough to level up, my rested XP fills up most of my next bar.

Imagine the size of your current XP bar, that is the max you can have ahead of you. If you're near the end and about to level, and you have max rested XP, you have as much rested XP ahead of you as your entire current XP bar would hold (if it were empty).

Also I didn't see it mentioned but only mob kills use up the rested XP. When you turn in a mission your XP goes up but the rested XP isn't used and it looks like the rested XP jumps way ahead.

That's not what I said, I said CURRENT. Not next level. When you leave a character in a cantina for some time and they are near leveling, when you do level, they will be @85% full of rested XP. As for using rested XP, it doubles the XP of EVERYTHING. Any XP you gain.

Both my toons from before I subbed inexplicably gained three levels after I subbed, so I'm assuming that it gets saved up even when you aren't subbed.

My one question: does the amount of rested XP scale with your level?

Then you had a glitch. You should not have leveled while you were away from the game. If you needed to reassign your Skill Points, that's one thing. Whenever they mess with the trees they refund all the points so you can repurchase what you want.

Rested XP isn't XP in the classic sense. It is bonus XP added to the XP you gain normally. What do you mean "scale with your level"?

Edited by Thylbanus

Is it a specific percentage of your XP no matter what lvl, or what?

Well as I stated earlier, it is a factor of how much XP is required for you to level. For example, my Sith Inquisitor says 693,640/734,700. The green is my current XP. The red is the XP I need to reach the next level. So my maximum rested XP is 734,700.

Edited by Thylbanus

Well as I stated earlier, it is a factor of how much XP is required for you to level. For example, my Sith Inquisitor says 693,640/734,700. The green is my current XP. The red is the XP I need to reach the next level. So my maximum rested XP is 734,700.

Okay, thanks.

As for using rested XP, it doubles the XP of EVERYTHING. Any XP you gain.

That's false. It only applies to mob kills, not to any other xp gains. Try looking at how much rested xp you have. Then turn in a quest. Look again at how much rested xp you have and notice that you haven't lost any--that's because it wasn't applied to the quest reward.

Also, of course it scales as you level. And saying you get 1 point every 6 seconds only works for the level you observed, because at higher levels you will gain rested xp faster (since you have to have more of it to do any good). My level 10-15 gains about 1 rested xp every 10 seconds. But my level 50 gains rested xp much more quickly, as he has a much larger bar to fill. So, for the sake of argument we'll say it takes a day to get 25% of the rested xp possible. It will take the same amount of time no matter what level you are, which means you're gaining it much more quickly (in points per second) at high levels than at low levels.