I want my credits back

Amorianallund

I bought a Coruscant stronghold.

I unlocked the whole thing.

I wanted to put a class ship on the landing pad.

But I can't, because the landing pad hook is too small.(thats with the biggest hook available)

But, you can't find that out until you unlock the balcony now can you?

And NO WHERE does it tell you that you cannot put a class ship on the landing pad.

I spent 3 million credits on this stronghold for this.

I want my credits back.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coruscant only costs 1.44 mil credits ;-) thats nothing.. so stop QQ ;-)

1.44 or 3mil, either way im out a lot of credits that I want back because Bioware screwed it up.

Maybe for some people it's easy to make that kind of money in game, but others have to work damn hard for it.

Edited by Amorianallund

Dromund Kaas and Coruscant are the only Strongholds with something that looks like a landing pad.

(Nar Shaddaa has just a platform you can't officially reach and it looks more boring than a football field, not like a landing pad, and on Tatooine your ship will be stored in a hole. Does't look much like a landing pad.)

But it isn't.

BioWare is big at trolling player.

Tbh I kind of feel disappointed myself... I bought DK for RP purposes and because I liked the environment. Plus, the sight of an Imperial Shuttle - not gonna use the ships, the fact they're at around 50% their shape discouraged me - on that platform would have been great. :(

Now that I noticed that the big hook is a Centerpiece, rather than a Ship Hook, I know that's not gonna happen, which kind of frustrates my efforts. And besides, with all that rain I can't, for the love of it, think of placing the big Masters' Datacron or the Sith Obelisk there. What of gusts of wind? If I was IRL there I'd fear the Obelisk would fall on my Apartment all the time, or that the Datacron would fly off the platform! :p

I guess that saves me half the efforts, I'll just get an Imperial Shuttle decoration and donate it to my Guild, but... I wanted one too to be placed there... :(

Edited by Cox_The_Beast

I really don't get why the ships require a separate ship hook in the first place. Or any items for that matter. And then there are discrepancies. Like the Corellia StarDrive Stealth Speeder only requires a medium field and the Corellia StarDrive Flash speeder requires a large field (which is way too large for it), even though they use the same model with different textures. They both should use a smaller hook, it simply makes no sense.

I'm sure they could simply fix the ships to use either a starship hook or whatever hook (centerpiece hook?) is used on the landing platform on the Coruscant and Dromund Kaas strongholds if they wanted to.

and I also think the ships not using the proper sizes is lame.

Edited by Glzmo

I'm not sure why everybody is getting on the OP's case for this. Unless you were paying attention to all of the released information, reading Reddit, the PTS forums, etc., I don't really see how you would know that DK and Coruscant don't support the class starships. There's no big warning in game or anything like that when you buy it. Why would anybody "do research" when I think most players would reasonably assume that they would be able to park their starships there, since they already know the starships are available as decorations?

I bought a car from the dealership, but when I tried to fly with it, it just wouldn't lift off!

I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

(Yeah, all this is information available with the click of a button... Stop pretending to be a victim here)

This is very condescending and a terrible analogy.

Edited by thewatcheruatu

Dromund Kaas and Coruscant are the only Strongholds with something that looks like a landing pad.

(Nar Shaddaa has just a platform you can't officially reach and it looks more boring than a football field, not like a landing pad, and on Tatooine your ship will be stored in a hole. Does't look much like a landing pad.)

But it isn't.

BioWare is big at trolling player.

For the record, Tat's got 2 landing pads - the other is on the far side of the circular pad.

So tell me where that information was then,

Livestreams/PTS forum.

One thing is that you could ask on general chat about the ship hook before the purchase. You bought a pig in a poke at your own request.

Another is that Bioware should really provide such information in other forms that is more accessible to players who don't follow all news.

Edited by PavSalco

And no where does it tell you that you can. Guess what you get when you assume?

The ability to even acquire the ship decoration in the first place lets you know that you have the ability to place it down in a stronghold. What's the point of a decoration if you can't do anything with it?

Most people don't follow the forums, streams or other blogs to find out if a single decoration can/can't be placed in a stronghold. You would expect that decorations can be placed in any stronghold unless explicitly stated otherwise.

The best way is to provide a floor plan of a stronghold when you buy it showing what hooks are available and where.

To the OP, talk with the customer service.

I bought a Coruscant stronghold.

I unlocked the whole thing.

I wanted to put a class ship on the landing pad.

But I can't, because the landing pad hook is too small.(thats with the biggest hook available)

But, you can't find that out until you unlock the balcony now can you?

And NO WHERE does it tell you that you cannot put a class ship on the landing pad.

I spent 3 million credits on this stronghold for this.

I want my credits back.

One thing I will say is the person stronghold for Coruscant did not cost 3 million. It cost around 1.45 million to unlock the entire stronghold.

Price to Unlock: 5000 credits or 50 cartel coins

Total cost to unlock all 9 expansions: 1.44 million credits or 3500 CC for all expansions or 1.445 million and 3550 CC with apartment unlock price.

Default occupancy: 5, Expansions: 9. Max Hooks: 300. Max Occupancy: 50.

By default you get 2 rooms on the first floor and a hallway. You can add 9 more expansions (5 rooms, 2 staircases, a garage and a balcony) for a total of 7 rooms, 2 staircases, a garage and a balcony.

http://dulfy.net/2014/07/25/swtor-galactic-strongholds-tours-and-unlock-pricings/

Edited by ScarletBlaze

As usual bioware half-assed the whole thing. Not only do they give you no actual advantage for maxing out your SH (other than aesthetics), but it doesn't even compare to other games which allow you to place stuff anywhere, and allow you to control the z axis and scale the size of items placed.

But you should really know this by now, and lower your expectations accordingly.

There's been a lot of whining about the lack of a starship hook on Coru/DK. And to be fair, I do understand (to a point) why people want them, especially at 1mil for a balcony, which is entirely unnecessary.

The problem is one of size. Centerpiece hooks are nice, but they're also something like 1/4 the size of a starship hook. That dinky little taxi landing pad you get on Coru/DK simply aren't big enough for a starship. That, and I'm sure there's some dev-fiction about capital planet regulations about where people are allowed to land ships. An ion-backwash starship engine would be a highly fatal thing to have sprayed all willy-nilly over residential towers.

Tatooine has a nice big open space for a ship. From what I saw on the PTS, there's room for two, the other goes into an underground ship bay. NS has one and you can place that immediately (if you have the ship, that is). And for those outrageous stronghold prices, they should.

The ability to even acquire the ship decoration in the first place lets you know that you have the ability to place it down in a stronghold. What's the point of a decoration if you can't do anything with it?

Most people don't follow the forums, streams or other blogs to find out if a single decoration can/can't be placed in a stronghold. You would expect that decorations can be placed in any stronghold unless explicitly stated otherwise.

The best way is to provide a floor plan of a stronghold when you buy it showing what hooks are available and where.

To the OP, talk with the customer service.

Totally agree

I think it would be fair to say that owning a stronghold and buying a ship that you could place in there would be something must customers would "assume" possible, even though you as a buyer are 100% resposible for buying the ship

IMO decorations should have a 24 hr return policy to see if you could actually use them or not, specially the mighty expensive ones, expecting everyone to be fully aware of everything that goes on in this game is not only naive but bad customers support

As usual bioware half-assed the whole thing. Not only do they give you no actual advantage for maxing out your SH (other than aesthetics), but it doesn't even compare to other games which allow you to place stuff anywhere, and allow you to control the z axis and scale the size of items placed.

But you should really know this by now, and lower your expectations accordingly.

Not true, the more compele your stronghold is the more % bonus you gain on conquest points, with all 4 strongholds owned and 100% complete you get a 100% bonus on Conquest points (pre multiplier value)

So you spent all that money without doing even the tiniest bit of research on the thing first?

Lack of a starship hook has been a well known thing for ages.

i knew i was about to walk into a wall with 3 foot sharp spikes, i hit the spikes, got mad at the people around me for not telling me....

i knew i was about to walk into a wall with 3 foot sharp spikes, i hit the spikes, got mad at the people around me for not telling me....

Yes because I totally have time to follow everything posted on the forums and livestreams of all the games I play.

/sarcasm