Can we please talk about Regular warzone matchmaking..

Beyrahl

I know most of it's obvious but if you don't pay much attention basically most games go down like this with this new system.

Two healers in queue, game splits them between teams.

That one healer didn't like that map, the other didn't care.

That one healer leaves, now that team is down a healer, the game backfills it with a DPS 9 of 10 times.

That other team gets an advantage of having a healer versus a team without.

The limiting on healers depending on how many are in queue makes sense, but when the healer population is this low.

So many games are getting screwed over by match making.

Previously you'd see 2-3 healers on a team, maybe one or two would leave, still potentially leaving you with one, better than none.

Anyway, leaving matches as a healer really handicaps that team, could we please get a select of maps to queue for? Obviously a selection for multiple and not able to queue just for one so queue times don't suffer that much. It would be nice to see less leaving of matches, because currently there's more maps than ever that people don't like. Then remove backfilling, it's frustrating to get into in progress games when you just want a full game.

For example I am not a fan of these maps for multiple reasons.

OPG

Quesh huttball

Yavin Ruins

Civil war

I dislike them not only because of camera issues but as a whole it ends up being a complete running fest with sometimes little to no combat. Exception being Quesh, but the desync is often so bad i'd rather be playing a civil war.

I mean, who actually likes huttball? the worst change this game made was adding a third one.

As to the point, that's more of a player choice than matchmaking. stacking too many healers andtanks was how nothing died in earlier expansions. However they may have course corrected a bit too much in true BW fashion.

I mean, who actually likes huttball?

Me, and a lot of people. Bioware is not this stupid to re-made warzones that no one likes. The third map was a little over the top, but still.

They are not so stupid at least with map editor, the person who programmed warzone queue streaks or matchmaking (premade vs pugs, etc; heals vs no heals, etc) on the other hand...

Anyway, leaving matches as a healer really handicaps that team

I mean, what can you do about this? Be thankful that a person will come to his place will remain here and/or be able to change something for better. :D Sometimes all you need is a smart player, but not a healer backfill.

Edited by Glower

Well, I have huge de-sync in Queshball and Vandin, despite having a descent pc.

So if these two pops up I prolly leave if I see maps acting weird.

Devs cant really do much about leaving.

Besides I'd rather leave an one sided match than to invest time and ganked hard.

So in regs you just have to cope with whatever team you have. Plus dont forget a positive mentality, communication and tips during a match (when you are blocked or in transit) can really help to turn the tide. However for some weird reason most people choose to be rather salty then actually be helpful. :rolleyes:

When ranked matchmaking is non existing talking about regs is useless. To make a decent matchmaking you have to think more than 5 min and spend more than 10 min to code and this is how much bw spended on SR matchmaking. You can talk as much as you can but BW will ignore it they even ignored every single feedback from pts so dont expect them to start caring about community.