Hardcore PvPers Roll Republic

HuntinSikness

As a hardcore PvPer, a shorter wait time is much more important than any story line or character appearance feature. Being able to play all the warzones about the same amount is important in order to not grow sick of Huttball. And lastly, if the general consensus is true that PvPers roll 'bad' side, then a hardcore PvPer who wants to face competition rolls against them.

Feel free to flame me at will. I have a healer on my team ;)

Oh and btw, <Republic's Elites> on the Mandalore server is recruiting serious PvPers at this time. Please PM Tlaloc.

Edited by HuntinSikness

Most real Hardcore PvP guilds will have checked to see what the population split was before launch and rolled to the weaker side.

Tainted on TOFN have done that, along with MANY other guilds on that server.

However on your note about Hardcore players not caring about the story that is not strictly true. Most will want to get to see the end game PvP content, but a lot will also have alts for the story factor. As for appearance, man you do not know many PvPers, most of them want looks to go with their egos!

Most real Hardcore PvP guilds will have checked to see what the population split was before launch and rolled to the weaker side.

Tainted on TOFN have done that, along with MANY other guilds on that server.

However on your note about Hardcore players not caring about the story that is not strictly true. Most will want to get to see the end game PvP content, but a lot will also have alts for the story factor. As for appearance, man you do not know many PvPers, most of them want looks to go with their egos!

I didn't say those things weren't important, I said they were less important. I do agree that most PvPers want to be able to show off their gear which means it has to look awesome and distinct.

What I do disagree with is the general consensus that Imps look cooler. I think the Trooper gear has a lot going for it. The dark side visual effect is cool, but I think it will become tiresome after a while, especially after 95% of the Imps get it.

Edited by HuntinSikness

What the OP meant was that the smart "Hardcore" PVPers rolled Republic. Im not really interested in a R1 Gladiator and his crew going Empire I could care less, and I hope he loves Huttball.

I wanted to be a Sith Warrior and thats what I played in beta until it became very clear that everyone and their mom was going Empire. If you love PVP and you did your research you are obviously playing Republic right now. Fast Q times and always someone to kill.

As a hardcore PvPer, a shorter wait time is much more important than any story line or character appearance feature. Being able to play all the warzones about the same amount is important in order to not grow sick of Huttball. And lastly, if the general consensus is true that PvPers roll 'bad' side, then a hardcore PvPer who wants to face competition rolls against them.

Oh and btw, <Republic's Elites> on the Mandalore server is recruiting serious PvPers at this time. Please PM Tlaloc.

grats well done, you just figured this out now?

here's your cookie :eek::wea_02:

Hmm, still waiting for these "hardcore" Republic pvp players to show up.

Also as empire I haven't had a que longer than MAYBE 5min, which wasn't an issue because I had plenty of other things to do.

I've found many fellow "hardcore" pvpers on Empire, which I expected.

What I've actually noticed from the Republic players is a lack of quality keybinds, a lot of keyboard turning, and the reaction time of a drunk Sloth.

I'm really hoping the Republics pvp player base improves because slaughtering you guys 3/4 of the warzones we enter wont be fun for long.

Edited by Robndahood

What I've actually noticed from the Republic players is a lack of quality keybinds, a lot of keyboard turning, and the reaction time of a drunk Sloth.

I'm really hoping the Republics pvp player base improves because slaughtering you guys 3/4 of the warzones we enter wont be fun for long.

Heh. It also the case that there will probably be a higher percentage of total newbs playing Republic side. From what I've experienced in beta, Republic PuGs on average are terrible compared to Imperial. Many are okay, but the bad ones are really really bad.

Edited by HuntinSikness

As a hardcore PvPer, a shorter wait time is much more important than any story line or character appearance feature. Being able to play all the warzones about the same amount is important in order to not grow sick of Huttball.

Oh look theory crafting.

Let me explain to you how it really works.

You roll Republic. You NEVER play Huttball. Half the the warzones you're in you start while being down 2-3 players for at least the first 5 mins. Which results in a lot of unfair losses.

Internet tough guys can call this a challenge blah blah fight the zerg... which I would agree with EXCEPT you can only que 4 people... which pretty much guarantees you're stuck with random meat fillers... so unless the other side is really, really bad... you're probably not going to win, no matter how good/well you play. All the face rolling CC in the game only makes the uneven numbers that much worse.

Edited by Kromzor

I have found a flaw in your logic, If all "hardcore" pvper's (I use quotes because using the word hardcore with a video game is almost a pathetic as calling yourself a such and such "Veteran") Know that the consensus of pvpers rolling badside, and the "hardcore" Pvpers roll good, wouldn't the true, true hardcore PVPers role Bad then?

I have found a flaw in your logic, If all "hardcore" pvper's (I use quotes because using the word hardcore with a video game is almost a pathetic as calling yourself a such and such "Veteran") Know that the consensus of pvpers rolling badside, and the "hardcore" Pvpers roll good, wouldn't the true, true hardcore PVPers role Bad then?

But wouldnt the true, true, true hardcore PVPers know this and roll good then?

Hmm, still waiting for these "hardcore" Republic pvp players to show up.

Also as empire I haven't had a que longer than MAYBE 5min, which wasn't an issue because I had plenty of other things to do.

I've found many fellow "hardcore" pvpers on Empire, which I expected.

I call BS on this one.

By 3/4 of the warzones you mean Huttball right? Cause that's the only warzone that's popping for your overpopulated side. And I bet most of those are against your own faction

Just so everyone is clear on this. "Hardcore PvPer" means "I PvP a WHOLE bunch and gank lols." to 98% of the MMO population.

hahaha absolutely.

"Im a hardcore pvp i have a k/d ratio of 10/1"

Reality: he has been camping spawnpoints for a month with his 5 friends.

I always smile when ppl say hc PvP players have to go Empire ... if all of them go Emprie who will they play against ? Does hardcore mean we group up and pawn on the non hardcore :) You should want to play against good players, not with them.