Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@hallhood Hey Hall, would you like to join in our letter writing campaign? It's fun and it's about SWTOR stories! You'll enjoy it :)

:D

You rock! It's certainly friendlier than my last few Tweets:

@hallhood Why was so many SGR questions dodged on the Livestream? The forums are where we've been ignored. Tell your bosses we're fed up.

@hallhood The only time a mod has said something was the day you put up your deleted tweet. That was Sep 7th.

@hallhood I hope your bosses like bad press. This isn't against you, but let them know we're not going to put up with this anymore.

Between the silence, the trolls and my tooth, I'm not in a good place.

Go back to the Story and Lore forums? Seriously? :mad::mad::mad:

That was one of the more insulting things I've heard today and there has been a few of the usual trolls coming in.

Edited by natashina

Wow, good point. I didn't even think of that since I'm not gay so I'm not used to thinking about things from that perspective.

It's not even so much because I'm bi, it's more because I've been a very active poster over the last few days. I've been encouraging people to write to the press over this and I haven't been very subtle.

The trolls have noticed too. I'm somewhat flattered that the single me out. ;) It means I'm doing something right.

Their fear and hatred only motivates me that much more to continue doing this.

Heart of a Jedi, passions of a Sith.

I meant it. :p

Edited by natashina

That was one of the more insulting things I've heard today and there has been a few of the usual trolls coming in.

"Go back to the Story and Lore forums" pretty much sounds like his polite version of "f*ck off! what's this 'story' sh*t? I'm drinking beer and going out on the lash!"

Well, I can be polite as well :)Very polite.

I work in retail. I wear fake joy like an armour. Bring it Bioware, let's settle this like reasonable adults.

Wait, Natashina, have the trolls been PM'ing you? I haven't reached that level of awesome-sauce yet. Teach me, oh wise one :eek:

Edited by Tatile

Edit: Baptes, I know you're frustrated, but could you please tone down your last sentence some with the size of the font and the caps?
Lowered the size but not the caps.

Between getting the latest "be good go back to your little corner" PM from Allison and my (and others) constant crashing and getting the "use ingame ticket for crashing issue" PM I'm getting very pissy.

Trolls have noticed too. I'm somewhat flattered that the single me out. ;) It means I'm doing something right.

True, but if they are PM'ing you nasty grams make sure to save those and report them. That's harassment and should qualify them for the ban-hammer. If it doesn't I would raise even more of a fuss over that.

You rock! It's certainly friendlier than my last few Tweets:

Hey now, he didn't even know what I was asking about when he told me to direct my feedback to Story and Lore. I only asked him for his email so I could write him about "story concerns." I understand the frustration, but he wasn't just brushing off this issue back to Story and Lore, he was giving me info on the official channels for story feedback.

"Go back to the Story and Lore forums" pretty much sounds like his polite version of "f*ck off! what's this 'story' sh*t? I'm drinking beer and going out on the lash!"

Well, I can be polite as well :)Very polite.

I work in retail. I wear fake joy like an armour. Bring it Bioware, let's settle this like reasonable adults.

That was the impression I was left with too.

**pat on the head** "Now now, you kids shouldn't make a fuss. What more do you want from me? Go back outside and play until dinner is ready."

Jeebus, that was stupid. I really do feel like we were dismissed.

I used to work in customer service as well. I'm trying to remember patience, but I think all the patience I have left is my emails to the press and towards the mods.

Edit: Whoa, easy guys! They haven't PM'd me and you'd bet your bippy I would have reported them. No, I was referring to all the trolls that were quoting my posts yesterday. I'm so sorry for the confusion. :(

Edited by natashina

Hey now, he didn't even know what I was asking about when he told me to direct my feedback to Story and Lore. I only asked him for his email so I could write him about "story concerns." I understand the frustration, but he wasn't just brushing off this issue back to Story and Lore, he was giving me info on the official channels for story feedback.

Except he knows that no one at Bioware reads the Story and Lore boards, let alone comes here looking for story feedback. So in that regard, Natashina has a point.

Edit: No, no, Natashina, you have it all wrong. Hall Hood was sending us outside to play with rocks, while his special PvP and PvE children got their Xbox 720's and KFC bargain buckets.

Edit-edit: I missed the trolls attacking your posts. Still, you made an impression. Now beat them with the rocks Hall Hood makes you play with! D:<

Edited by Tatile

Edit: No, no, Natashina, you have it all wrong. Hall Hood was sending us outside to play with rocks, while his special PvP and PvE children got their Xbox 720's and KFC bargain buckets.

Hal Hood is the head story guy right? Lets not be too harsh on Hal then. He (likely) isn't the one that ultimately gets to decide what he does and doesn't write about nor what he is and isn't allowed to talk about. The developers for the most are probably entirely removed from the decision making processes. It's those decision makers, the ones that give yea and nay to green light content and communications that deserve the ire.

Edit: When I say developer I mean folks like writers, programmers, QA people, artists, those type of folks. The decision makers are producers and project leads and marketing folks, I'm tempted to throw the mod team in here as well since they should have "some" influence on pushing for information like this to get released but for all we know they might be as ignored as we are.

Edited by Nozybidaj

It's a general brush-off, not specific to us...

I'm almost willing to call that a win.

Sad that it's come to this. More bones to gnaw on, as Kioma and others put it.

Well, we'll know in the upcoming week or two whether or not this is going to work.

I have a lot of confidence that it will, but only time will tell.

I hope this is enough for them to say to publicly (I cannot stress that word enough,)

"Sorry for the lack of updates folks! SGRs are coming with Makeb. When we have an ETA for Makeb, we'll be sure to let you guys know."

Edited by natashina

Except he knows that no one at Bioware reads the Story and Lore boards, let alone comes here looking for story feedback. So in that regard, Natashina has a point.

Even if it's true that BioWare doesn't read the forums (which I personally doubt but lets not argue the point) he can hardly be expected to personally field feedback from any and every fan that contacts him. Not only would that be potentially overwhelming, I'm sure it's against policy. I was hoping that he receives tweets directly from fans infrequently enough that he'd be interested in hearing from me, but I wasn't under the idea that he was obligated to do so.

Honestly, the initial tweet from me was more hoping for any reply just to confirm he reads them. In that way, I was happy he responded at all. I mean, imagine if he had tweeted back at me with an email address or something, how much that would open him up to anyone who wants to grill him about SWTOR story? Not exactly fair to expect.

I'm not defending BioWare's policy, I'm just saying don't read insult into something where it may not exist. If he really wanted to brush me off, it would be much simpler to just ignore me.

Hal Hood is the head story guy right? Lets not be too harsh on Hal then. He (likely) isn't the one that ultimately gets to decide what he does and doesn't write about nor what he is and isn't allowed to talk about. The developers for the most are probably entirely removed from the decision making processes. It's those decision makers, the ones that give yea and nay to green light content and communications that deserve the ire.

Sorry, a little hyped over chocolate and tiredness. Just wanted to grab the rocks and run with them.

It doesn't feel like Hall Hood is trying to make any friends, though. It's almost as if he's totally ignorant of the utter uselessness of the Story and Lore board or he just doesn't give a sh*t about us in here. Now, neither of those may be at all relevant to Hall Hood's actual position, but he brushed off the fact that Slaign wants to voice concerns to him directly. He didn't even acknowledge that that was part of the question.

Sorry, a little hyped over chocolate and tiredness. Just wanted to grab the rocks and run with them.

It doesn't feel like Hall Hood is trying to make any friends, though. It's almost as if he's totally ignorant of the utter uselessness of the Story and Lore board or he just doesn't give a sh*t about us in here. Now, neither of those may be at all relevant to Hall Hood's actual position, but he brushed off the fact that Slaign wants to voice concerns to him directly. He didn't even acknowledge that that was part of the question.

MMM chocolate. Honestly, he said exactly what I would have expected him to say and what he should have said. HE can't really open himself up for that kind of attention on Twitter no less. The fact that the forums are useless for us on this issue isn't his fault and he likely isn't even aware of how useless it is.

Tatile, I'm watching the tweets to Hall Hood on twitter and I see you quoting Nat's quote as if it were an actual BioWare quote. Unless I'm misreading, I think Nat is just saying that's what she HOPES will be said. I don't think that's an actual BioWare quote. :(

My last Tweet earlier:

@hallhood No one on ToR reads our forums sadly. I didn't mean to shoot the messenger, but we're serious about the letters to the press.

Of course, I had a really sad chuckle when I read this Tweet from him:

Because I believe we'll only get better games when our industry becomes more inclusive, and I want to help.

I know it's not his fault, but a lot of this has come off as very insulting.

And yeah, that fake quote was just me expressing what I'd like to see from EAware.

Oh and on the contact Massively thing. Read the comments on the Hall Hood "interview" on Massively. There are tons of "why no SGRAs?" and "why didn't Larry ask about SGRAs".

Larry (aka Shaddoe) replied:

I am interested in same-gender romance arcs, but I'm more interested in a continuation of the story personal story, in general. And since we've not seen -any- continuation of personal story since the game launched, I figured I'd ask a question about that instead of getting the same "We're working on it answer."

Hall took time out of his schedule to answer these questions; I appreciate his doing that. I don't want to waste his time asking questions he can't answer or expound upon.

The simple answer is they have said that there are SGRAs coming in the future, and it could be on Makeb. Plus, I think it would be better to be surprised, don't you? I don't usually finish stories to which I already know the ending.

and:

When Stephen Reid was CM, he stated that they were currently writing L/G content. We have not seen ay newly written content since that statement was made. (Everything we've seen up to this point was plotted, if not fully written, prior to launch.) And understandably, BioWare does not confront issues which have been addressed multiple times.

I believe you are trying to see a conspiracy where there is none.

On a personal note, I'm looking forward to SGRAs because I would like to my character to be able to play out the story closer to how I envisioned it. And I promise to let Massively readers know as soon as I have any information regarding further information on the subject

So not sure contacting him will do much good, considering how utter silence and different treatment equates to us being conspiracy theorists. :rolleyes:

And considering how SGRA people get treated by the trolls during The Republic show (nothing done to the rude nasty filthy mouthed ones at all, not even a time out a twitch chat thing that prevents them from posting in chat for a little while), Gamebreaker may not lend a sympathetic ear either.

That why I quit watching that show, no chat moderation at all...unless it is someone being rude to a host. That will not stand! :rolleyes:

My personal interpretation of the situation is not that far from Larry's, I don't think it's an unreasonable position. I really think there is something to be said for the fact that we haven't seen any story content of significant size that wasn't in development before SGRAs.

Still, I think when so many people want a simple answer, it's a shame that he didn't at least include the question. Whether or not the development time on the content itself is reasonable, I don't find the absolute silence on the issue reasonable. It's a simple matter to just give a no nonsense confirmation that SGRAs are in development.

I'm inclined to agree with Slaign. While I am angry about the total stonewalling silence, I do think that it is still possible that they are still working on same sex. Bioware has story guys on the payroll, and the patches have barely included any story stuff for a year now. What have they been working on? Surely there must be something on the way. I just don't understand why they try to completely silence the issue.

Meh, no harm in trying. At least we know that group thinks that 9 months of silence from no current employee is okay.

Lovely world we live in, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Oh well, there still is a lot of emails floating around now.

Yes many emails hopefully makes for fires lit under posteriors! :)

I'm inclined to agree with Slaign. While I am angry about the total stonewalling silence, I do think that it is still possible that they are still working on same sex. Bioware has story guys on the payroll, and the patches have barely included any story stuff for a year now. What have they been working on? Surely there must be something on the way. I just don't understand why they try to completely silence the issue.

That's my sticking point. If they would only have the courage to say, "Yep, it's coming with Makeb. No ETA on Makeb," then I'd be more than happy. They've talked so much about upcoming content that this omission is very glaring.

The whole, "They are afraid of the backlash," idea is gotten utterly and completely stupid. Not the people that say that (no insults meant to the people in the thread!) but EAware's silence seems to be based on that idea.

I don't want spoilers, at this point I don't even care who it is. I just wish they would say something, not ignore the issue or laugh at us.

And yes, I feel like we are being laughed at.

Time for another pain pill. It's been over 24 hours and mouth pain makes me rather grumpy.

Keep emailing folks! We'll get the word out to whomever gives a damn.

I'm going to retreat for a bit. I'm way too angry right now to remain reasonable and infraction free.

Got the PM, btw. All I'll say to that is ***BIG HUGS*** for Tatile and Amnie.

Edited by natashina

The simple answer is they have said that there are SGRAs coming in the future, and it could be on Makeb. Plus, I think it would be better to be surprised, don't you? I don't usually finish stories to which I already know the ending.

I think this is an interesting part. For me the thing also is that, okay I expect that they're not rewriting the existing companions, but I've no way to be sure of that either. And really, is it so much to ask to get a normal play through like everyone else? If we have to reroll a class just to have the SGR, all the other story is basically spoiled. And that comes down to "finishing stories to which I already know the ending". Or you sit your toon down in a rest area and do nothing.

And I don't agree with his opinions at all. I think it's very unreasonable for them to expect us to wait in silence. Moreover I've said this before, they can answer pretty much every other question of things that come in the future, or as it turns out now, in the long future. And sure they don't do that every month. But it has happened more than once a year, and that's where we're at. (I'm not sure what to think about the Guild Summit "this year" remark, and even if that could be considered official word, that's 9 months ago)

And then there is the matter that I simply don't agree with folks who say this is a simple feature that should just queue up behind the guild ships, the legacy banks, the hood toggles, the never ending unsatisfactory pvp endgame, etc etc. This is a matter of inclusiveness that even BW treats like Human Rights when they can make a good show with it. But when it's inconvenient they dismiss. I find serious fault with BW Austin excluding us from the very beginning, even though they had ample opportunity to take notice on the old forums, they had so many chances over the years to be inclusive or straight out tell us that they were scared (coz honestly, the time and money thing is a large load of bull). They didn't do that.

I don't see why they cannot give us some straight answers. And I'm done hoping and making excuses for them. I want to know what's up, because I don't have faith in the integrity of this team, not when it comes to being inclusive, they cheated us.