Datacrons

tama_the_hutt

If you are a PVE player, I recommend you don't waste your time collecting datacrons.

If you are a completest, or a regular PVP player, then every stat point counts. But for PVE, datacrons are a massive waste of time.

This is just a new player PSA because I feel like I have wasted so much time I could have spent leveling other characters.

Edited by tama_the_hutt

As I new player (about 2 months) I actually do like going after the datacrons.

I am not a completionist by any stretch of the imagination, but do find it fun and some what engaging to go after them.

As for being important for PvE, IMHO I think every stat point is valuable.

Edited by Shulot

As for being important for PvE, IMHO I think every stat point is valuable.

Less than you'd think, for two reasons:

* In level-synced content, which is pretty much everything except the Dxun operation, the Corellia Flashpoint (Objective Meridian), Mek-Sha and Onderon, if you're synced down, there's a hard cap(0) on the EMPH stats(1), and those datacron-sourced Mastery and Endurance points have no effect because you'll almost certainly be way above the cap even without them. Presence datacrons are only useful to *you* in situations where you are accompanied by *your* companion, so not in Operations, Warzones or GSF, and not in other group situations where there are four players in the group *or* 3+companion and it's someone else's companion.

* The total pointage from all datacrons is quite small compared to the totals you get from high-level gear.

(0) Very hard. Nothing will raise your EMPH above the cap if you're capped. Not stims, not boosts from abilities, nothing.

(1) Endurance, Mastery, Power, Health.

I gotta disagree. Those give stat boost to every character in your legacy. They also provide another activity to do while you're leveling and grant achievements. While true some are annoying to reach, I wouldn't tell anybody to just outright ignore them.

Any one datacron is not worth getting. However, the bonus acquired getting most or all is cumulative and well worth getting.