New Names

BattleGracefully

I'm also so upset that ALL my names were taken even though I thought they were unique enough so that would not happen but I as it turns out I was mistaken. The problem with me is that I thought long and hard on those names and it will be diffcult to replace them. Yet in spite of all of this I am happy I get to rename my jugg as I hated his name.

Hahahaha i wonder if those peeps in harb can climb up the rails at the pub fleet

Wel I do have a lvl...12ish? Guardian I made a while back who is now acting as a placeholder for my 50 Guard lol, I could find out ;)

*Edit*: Well, onnce I can play on my computer that is. Something in my monitor melted last night so I'm stuck on my craptastic laptop that freezes when I try to chat/rotate the screen with no one near me and only 27 on fleet :(

Edited by Rorkiy

Deh, Dehh, Deph and Inn where all taken. Gonna have to find another one syllable word to roll with.

seriously?

if you think you have it hard choosing names then you don't remember me making my vanguard and sitting on TS for 3 hours saying "what should I name this" and "still havn't got a name" and the ever classic "whats a good name"

recon if you can go with ate or eight for your legacy and use annial (a bad one as it looks like anal a lot)

or compens or retalli as your first names

Just wanting to throw it out there guys that you can use special characters in your names. Eg: ê, Å, ö etc.

Website for the shortcuts:

http://www.nouilles.info/keyboard_shortcuts.html

Using these gives you more opportunity to retain a name that is, for all intents and purposes, the same as the one u had just by subbing a letter or two for one that looks similar.

I have already reserved both Chub'ba and Chuangtzu. The other names I'm not really that attached to so if I loose them it will be back to the random name generator. My legacy name is still there as I had toons that did not transfer off the original Harbinger so that is all good.

All I need to do is convince my guild to choose the guild name I suggested, as we have to change it. Btw the guild name I like is 'The committee for the liberation and interegration of terrifying organism and the rehabilitation into society' which would be shortened to 'C.L.I.T.O.R.I.S'.

I wonder how many ppl will get the reference?

Just wanting to throw it out there guys that you can use special characters in your names. Eg: ê, Å, ö etc.

Website for the shortcuts:

http://www.nouilles.info/keyboard_shortcuts.html

Using these gives you more opportunity to retain a name that is, for all intents and purposes, the same as the one u had just by subbing a letter or two for one that looks similar.

Thanks for posting this, couldn't figure out how to do it. Got to keep my names by just changing the "A"

I don't think the yanks have figured out how to do it yet so there is a good chance lots of people can keep their names by doing this :)

But I heard that the person with most time played will keep their name?

It would be better to get a reference to a dev release or announcement on this otherwise it really is PURE speculation and wishful thinking.

I see a number of posts of APAC people saying: "ok, Im putting up with the transfer but it *has* to go like this or that or else Ill unsub"

Take the most pragmatic option:

1. go get your new names on your destination now,

2. Unpack your gbank or make preparations for transporting your gbank goodies

3. go back to playing the game and be happy.

alternatively, post many raging protests on the forums for weeks on end and go pyschopathic when the awful true hits home AND then put up with the perceived horribly raw deal that you could have saved yourself from weeks ago (see 1, 2 and 3 above)

/simplesolution

It'd be yet another harsh move by Bioware if they didn't offer the APAC players the same privelege that they offered the NA and EUR players that were forced into merging into super servers. IE with a specific origin and destination server, and no choice in the matter, name rights should come down to /played.

However, If they did offer that to the EU -> NA server transfer then you have hope!

Edited by scaramunja

I'm not sure if this is good news or bad news.

I just come back to ToR and see all this stuff about being transferred to a NA server... Believe it or not, it's what a lot of people asked for, so I guess we were to blame for putting the option out there.

I don't really mind going to NA, but the sad part is, I shall have to kills my Operative(not that I was any good on it) goodbye. Probably would have to move on to a less reaction-dependent class, since backstabbing on 270 ping doesn't work too well. As for the names, I don't really care. /played or first come first served, there are always plenty more names.