Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes: Vengeance Juggernaut / Vigilance Guardian

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Class Changes: Vengeance Juggernaut / Vigilance Guardian
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DsevenO
09.21.2017 , 09:03 PM | #81
Awesome. Now my Jugg can get off a harder hitting force scream before getting globalled in ranked. Really, really what the class desperately needed...
Go Forth and Die

DarthSealth
09.22.2017 , 03:16 AM | #82
Well if they was smart like I am I would change the utility to multiple Force Choke and be done...
You gotta love Force Choke and it would give more incentive to take the 15 seconds reduction utility like they do with every other class for instance (Predation).
But I'd honestly love to see Rage Force Crush spread via Smash (elemental/kinetic damage). But I'd want it for my Fury Marauder too!
East End ,Londoner. Cockney a dying breed.
British equates (Sarcasm x Endearment)
Just my referral link:-
http://www.swtor.com/r/FjCtpt

KendraP
09.22.2017 , 07:18 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by DsevenO View Post
Awesome. Now my Jugg can get off a harder hitting force scream before getting globalled in ranked. Really, really what the class desperately needed...
Lol this is what I'm worried about...
I'm hoping the nerfs at least equalize the buffs but not holding my breath.

Devilk
09.27.2017 , 08:43 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
Lowering the damage of an AoE ability so it is used as an AoE ability instead of being part of the standard single target rotation makes sense at least to me, I struggle to comprehend how you are unable to understand that simple readjustment. Regardless if the adjustment is by 60% or 6%, an AoE ability shouldn't deal more damage to one target than a single target ability, lol.
What world are you on where you think an 8k dot over the course of 8 seconds deals more damage to a single target than a single target ability does? Excuse me but my impale(single target) tooltip shows 12923-14337, it does more damage to a single target than chilling scream will ever do non crit or crit. The actual problem with chilling scream is it's AOE potential, not it's single target potential lmao.

shyroman
09.27.2017 , 08:49 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Devilk View Post
What world are you on where you think an 8k dot over the course of 8 seconds deals more damage to a single target than a single target ability does? Excuse me but my impale(single target) tooltip shows 12923-14337, it does more damage to a single target than chilling scream will ever do non crit or crit. The actual problem with chilling scream is it's AOE potential, not it's single target potential lmao.
Impale deals energy damage which is reduced by armor while chilling scream is elemental damage which is not reduced by armor. In the top vengeance parse, the average damage per activation for chilling scream was around 14.6k while impale had an average damage per activation of 13.9k.
Ryann - Sniper | Ryannack - Sorcerer | Apophas - Marauder
Jesicca - Mercenary | Lindseey - Gunslinger
Origin - Honey Badgers
Jedi Covenant

winky
10.11.2017 , 11:59 AM | #86
Alright,

Vengeance DPS was not affected negatively. At least for me.

10106.14 DPS

So at least with Veng, the change is good. Gj BW

KendraP
10.11.2017 , 02:38 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by winky View Post
Alright,

10106.14 DPS

Based on my dummy parsing it doesn't get me much either. Still not sure how bad aoe nerf it is.

winky
10.12.2017 , 01:12 AM | #88
Regarding AOE nerf, which I did not try yet (for that measure I'm using last group before Revan HM 8M), my guess it's from 27-30k DPS to ~ 22k, which should still keep it above most, if not all classes.

Now for proper AOE you will have to take the utility for armor reduction on slam (which was mostly taken anyway), and with rotation: sunder -> shatter -> slam -> sweeping slash (untill shatter dot is about to run out)

Torvai
10.12.2017 , 11:55 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by winky View Post
Alright,

10106.14 DPS

So basically the same dps but without Chilling Scream?

winky
10.13.2017 , 01:07 AM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Torvai View Post
So basically the same dps but without Chilling Scream?
Actually, at least for me and my "rotation", yes!