Is it just me, or does EC SM need nerfing again?

I tried running EC SM through GF. It was one of the most insufferable, nightmarish times I have ever had. I accept that EC's bosses may require more thinking than the average raid, but some things still need changing imo. The electric arcs Stormcaller spits out and the enrage timers for the minefield droids have to go. They have NO place in SM and my raid couldn't tell the difference between SM and Master Mode. I am starting to see why EC is so unpopular in comparison to other ops.

I have to disagree, the Lightning Arcs from Stormcaller is quite a simple mechanic, only one person needs to kinda "kite" them for a short duration, and you can even stand in one/two of them for several seconds without dying. It's true that the enrage on the minefield droids isn't optimal, I have seen it once or twice when we successfully managed to four-amn that boss, at the same time perhaps that is a good wakeup call for the DPS to reconsider the DPS:ing capabilities and work to improve, in particular now that you only need to kill two droids.

Going through each boss, Zorn/Toth you can stack on top of each other and just AoE down, no mechanic at all to consider (red circles do 20% of your health at bolstered HP), Firebrand/Stormcaller where tho most complex mechanic is trying to jump up on the tanks and not failing that (I can so relate) and the minefield where you in reality just need at least two people with a brain (one in tower and one clicking mines) and you will be fine.

That said, the final boss has a few less optimal mechanics, in particular, the Trenchcutters and the Pulsar Droid have mechanics that I feel are not illustrated clearly enough, in particular, the Pulsar droids, how does that mechanic say "stand on top of the droids"? Simultaneously, at this point, that operation is hardly unknown territory for most players and even if it is, a veteran player can just help with tactics and then it's up to the new player if they will follow it or not.

In the end tho, SM is meant to be super easy mode and it's true that even groups like yours should be able to clear it without any issues, wipes are technically fine, you cannot expect to one-shot it as a group of inexperienced players, but perhaps some readjusts are needed to allow even groups like yours to clear it.

Edited by RikuvonDrake

*Faceplam*

Yes, let's go ahead and make the SM content even easier, great idea!.

Okay in all seriousness, it's just you, EC in SM is easy enough as is, Stormcaller is easy, as one mentioned above you just need one person "kiting" the Lightning Arcs and you're done.

Edited by iFenris

I think at some point we players need to recognize that if we can't do something it's on us to get better and not on the game to become easier (again...).

THIS, so much THIS, it does not mean that if you cant beat it that its overtuned!! Bioware messed up with the leveling proccess big time, it produces players that have no idea about the endgame.

I mean, when did this actually start?? I dont remember anyone asking for nerfs on Operation content back in the days?? When was it that people started coming to forums complaining Boss X is to hard, nerf it??

The game was fine the way it was before. The difficulty was perfect and idea based on the gear which was at the disposal at the time. Now there was a bit of tunning due to level scaling of old operations (some of it going wild "looking at Raptus HM") but rest is OK.

Its really OK, the problem is not the operation, but......something else........

I tried running EC SM through GF. It was one of the most insufferable, nightmarish times I have ever had. I accept that EC's bosses may require more thinking than the average raid, but some things still need changing imo. The electric arcs Stormcaller spits out and the enrage timers for the minefield droids have to go. They have NO place in SM and my raid couldn't tell the difference between SM and Master Mode. I am starting to see why EC is so unpopular in comparison to other ops.

Dear OP,

I will try to be soft on ya. ARE KIDDING ME??? No thanks, we had already more than enough nerfs in this games. Its already time for some damage buffs aka Master Mode Chapters style!!

my raid couldn't tell the difference between SM and Master Mode.

So, with a few minutes more room to think about your post, maybe I can give you a short impression, what Master Mode is like:

Zorn and Toth:

Storymode: Tank both Drouks together

Master Mode: Tank swap mechanic, Dots are stacking up until cleanse, Frightened-Debuff, Drouks are stacking up, if near to each other + Enrage Timer

Firebrand and Stormcaller:

Storymode: You just have to tank the bosses, one heal/DPS has to run out of stupid, rest place themselves on the tanks, AoE the Trandos in the Defense-System-Phase

Master Mode: Double Destruction, Armor Destruction, No AoE under shield, due to shield ist destroyable, Healer/DPS has to cleanse Debuff while running around + really tight Enrage timer

Minefield:

Storymode: Kill Mine Probes, don't run into stupid, deactivate 3 mines in a row

Master Mode: Interrupt Mine Probes, Cleanse Dots, Kill Mine Probes within Enrage, just one deactivation per Mine Probe, Colonel Vorgath also has an Enrage timer

Kephess:

Storymode: Kill Droids, Kill Trandos, Kill Walker, Kill Kephess, oh, surprise, Tank swap at Kephess

Master Mode: Interrupt Droids, Reflect Shield @ Trandos, Short Duration until Baradium Bombers have to fall, handle orange dots, Kephess goes Berserk, when you just face-tank him, tank-swap is more difficult as in storymode, game over in final phase, if more then two players have died + Hard Enrage @Kephess and damage check @Walker

We just did 16man SM EC with 8 players some weeks ago and we only hit enrage at Firebrand & Stormcaller when four of us had died stupidly. We even used this raid to level non-70'ers. It was ridiculously "undertuned".

Edited by Exocor

So, with a few minutes more room to think about your post, maybe I can give you a short impression, what Master Mode is like:

Zorn and Toth:

Storymode: Tank both Drouks together

Master Mode: Tank swap mechanic, Dots are stacking up until cleanse, Frightened-Debuff, Drouks are stacking up, if near to each other + Enrage Timer

Firebrand and Stormcaller:

Storymode: You just have to tank the bosses, one heal/DPS has to run out of stupid, rest place themselves on the tanks, AoE the Trandos in the Defense-System-Phase

Master Mode: Double Destruction, Armor Destruction, No AoE under shield, due to shield ist destroyable, Healer/DPS has to cleanse Debuff while running around + really tight Enrage timer

Minefield:

Storymode: Kill Mine Probes, don't run into stupid, deactivate 3 mines in a row

Master Mode: Interrupt Mine Probes, Cleanse Dots, Kill Mine Probes within Enrage, just one deactivation per Mine Probe, Colonel Vorgath also has an Enrage timer

Kephess:

Storymode: Kill Droids, Kill Trandos, Kill Walker, Kill Kephess, oh, surprise, Tank swap at Kephess

Master Mode: Interrupt Droids, Reflect Shield @ Trandos, Short Duration until Baradium Bombers have to fall, handle orange dots, Kephess goes Berserk, when you just face-tank him, tank-swap is more difficult as in storymode, game over in final phase, if more then two players have died + Hard Enrage @Kephess and damage check @Walker

We just did 16man SM EC with 8 players some weeks ago and we only hit enrage at Firebrand 6 Stormcaller when four of us had died stupidly. We even used this raid to level non-70'ers. It was ridiculously "undertuned".

I think the OP is right, SM and MM definitely seem very very similar :D