If You Could Speak To A SWTOR Developer Face-to-face for 30 Seconds...

StrikeOfLight

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

...Hey man, your game was great but I understand that the EA overlords did a ton of damage and limited your potential. Don't take the hate personally. It wasn't your fault. AND you can STILL PULL IT OFF! Just work hard! Keep your chin up, listen to the community, and try to do what they feel would help. At the same time, be creative! We love surprises and thrills that we didn't see coming!

Your game sucks pretty bad right now, but keep on going. If you work hard enough you can accomplish great and incredible things. Get that spark back that you used to have in the past! :)

Edited by StrikeOfLight

...Hey man, your game was great but I understand that the EA overlords did a ton of damage and limited your potential. Don't take the hate personally. It wasn't your fault. AND you can STILL PULL IT OFF! Just work hard! Keep your chin up, listen to the community, and try to do what they feel would help. At the same time, be creative! We love surprises and thrills that we didn't see coming!

Keep on going. If you work hard enough you can accomplish great and incredible things. Get that spark back that you used to have in the past! :)

Do you work for Bioware?

Do you work for Bioware?

Heck no, man. I was recently mad with a lot of the things they have done. At the same time, I still liked a lot of the game and had a lot of fun. In the end, my sub has just about a week before it runs out.

Kind encouragement goes much further than meanness.

Edited by StrikeOfLight

I would ask them to keep improving the game, especially performance / optimization wise, and to keep putting out new content for people to do at max level. I would ask them to consider ways to increase the per planet population during leveling and to increase the rewards for heroic quests to encourage the 30-some people on a planet to not blow me off when I say 'LFG for ______'.

That would about cover my 30 seconds I think.

I would thank them for the wonderful game, tell them to keep doing what they are doing and make sure they keep in touch with the community.

Then I would tell them to go on to this thread and remind them that the DEV's are taking Q&A's and answering them directly. That this post is just a waste of time because it's mostly aimed and providing an outlet for the people who would rather hang out in a forum than play.

Note: I am at work, so playing that 'you're here' card doesn't mean a lot.

You're also foolish if you think that any amount of encouragement can salvage this game.

Well, if I WAS talking to them face to face, that is what I would say. *shrug*

I understand what you are saying, though. The game needs a ton of work that no one developer can do, no matter how motivated. :o

I'd say: You guys did good with the limitations you had (EA ;p), 200 millions looks big but when you compare that to millions paying 15 bucks a months for 7 years it looks tiny (I'd like to know the total cost of WoW over the years). The story is good just extend it a little longer and don't read the forums, all there is in the forums is impatient folks who don't understand the scale of building a game like this.

(ok I'm done with my apologist comment, I just have to support other software devs when I can ;p)

Edited by plutorix