350 BH Comms Implant

miglor

Interesting prospect, but to a fairly casual person like me, that would be equivalent to a full time job, even on one, much less across a legacy.

Well, certainly one very intense day's worth of ops, +lfg dailies.

Only maniacs would go the full compliment, but you could easily knock off almost all of the weeklies and 4 LFGs without denting too much into your free time (assuming you're doing ops).

Personally I'd skip NMP if your guild isn't keen on the gear.

As for going throughout your legacy, that's your choice. But what I'm saying is that if you had two or three alts you could kit them all out over 3 months without breaking a sweat, and I'm right.

Edited by DaftVaduhhh

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how wonderful for you. Unfortunately, everyone didnt level to 50 at the same time you did. People are saying that these arent worth the tiny increase they give. Which means either raise the stats(unlikely) or lower the cost. Its like seeing the new Mountain dew bottles are 22 oz and cost $15 each. You can tell us you worked 2 jobs for 6 months and anyone could afford them if they did what you did, but that does not change the fact they are overpriced. I could easily afford them myself but that still doesnt make them worth 350 bh comms

Actually, its more like comparing a $10 bottle of wine with a $100 bottle. The $100 bottle probably tastes better but they both get you drunk.

Actually, its more like comparing a $10 bottle of wine with a $100 bottle. The $100 bottle probably tastes better but they both get you drunk.

Sounds like my mixed drinks. They aren't as good as what the bar makes, but after 3 you don't care. :rolleyes:

I maintain you get more mileage out of legacy gear.

Especially casual players!

Edited by JacksonMo

To clear up some of the confusion we've seen in this thread, we asked George to clarify his answer. He was referring specifically to the relics that cost 400 Daily Commendations, which have been removed and are not available in 1.4. The Hazmat Implants, on the other hand, are priced as intended. I hope this helps clear up the confusion about the answer!

um, wow. I'm not sure how to take this. 350 BH comms for a very minor stat increase (or decrease in some cases)? To be honest Allison, I'd rather drop 800 daily comms for a minor increase on a relic. I've had more dailies than I've known what to do with, I've repeatedly bought implants for alts, pets, and even guildmates, daily comms are not an issue. Black Hole Comms, however, even if you farm everything possible every week, not even close to the cost of one for a month or more, that is really...really unacceptable. I would really like to see things like this removed from the game, this and the 200 daily comms/2000 (read: two thousand) fleet comms for incredibly sub par legacy gear that now drops more frequently all over. I mean, really, why even have these on the vendor? I was just on the darth hater site looking at the 1.5 stuff and even the single piece campaign armorings are only 40 BH comms, that's reasonable, slightly less than the complete pieces, but the set bonuses on the armoring makes it worth it to customize look, if you so wish. But seriously, 350 for an implant that are in essence equal to the BH ones, but ten times the cost? why are they even on the vendor? Since they drop in HM TFB, and since people will soon be putting crafted RE'd ones on the gtn, please just remove them from the dread guard vendor to avoid inciting more anger among pretty much everyone. Not sure if Anyone on the forums think that 350 bh comms is fair for the items in question. A few said it wasn't super hard to grind 700 bh comms, but they didn't state that these implants were worth the 700 bh comms. After all, as was said by others, 2 mediocre implants or a complete BH set+ of bh gear for an alt/pet/etc? The choice is pretty clear. I'm still really dumbfounded here, Allison, could you please ask George if there are any plans in the future of lowering the cost of these items? Thank you!

It's way easier to get comms after 1.4 /shrug

It is easier to get bh comms now, I agree with you, but there is a really big disconnect with the value of the item and the cost. An example that comes to mind would be the default bh belt/bracers, you could spend 20-30 bh comms to get a bh belt/bracers, or you could just make your own moddable one and get better stats, does that mean there is No value to the bh belt/bracers? Absolutely not, there is value to getting it if you'd rather just drop 20-30 bh comms for a bh belt than go out of your way to get the mods for an orange one, which in most cases require overpriced 2 million credit armorings off the gtn. In that respect, people short on credits and unwillingness to do dailies might just do gf quests for a week or two and get their bh belt. But let's say the bh belt was 350 bh comms, the "value" of the belt goes from average/above average to completely nonexistent. At that point, there is more value in doing dailies for a week/farming credits for armorings for a moddable belt than in farming bh comms for the belt that, in the end, will have worse stats than the moddable one. That's the problem. As others have said, if it were a properly itemized piece with superior stats, people will see value in it, even if it's 700 bh comms per implant, but when you have a dps/heals implant that stacks endurance and lowers mainstat, as others have pointed out, not only is there zero value to the item, but it is overpriced so ridiculously. Thus, much like the ~lvl 14 legacy gear priced at two thousand fleet comms (20 days of running every single space mission) that no doubt abysmally few people actually bothered to farm for, these implants will remain untouched, just taking up space on the vendors and fostering the ire players. There simply is no value to the majority of the implants, and for the few that do, will no doubt be farmed from TFB, RE'd, then sold on the GTN. There really just is no reason for these implants to be on the vendor at those prices, unless they're redone and the stats are adjusted or the prices are lowered into the bh/belt bracer range.

• 3 weeks later...

BIOWARE - Please FIX the STATS or Price tag.

150 Black Hole Comm's appears to be a common "Real" number folks can live with.

Personally... this just means I'm going to sell more RE'd (61) items to purchase Hazmat later for $2 million each instead.

Thank you!