Squishy, squishy

dwiekopy

Good luck my friend. They've known (or at least, been told, two different things I guess) this for maybe two years now and the response has been nil. Oh that's not true, they reduced the heals on kolto and on the shoulder cannon. And replaced Death from Above with the worst animation in the game. Rather than rising like a mighty phoenix above my cowering foes and raining fire down upon their frantic panic, I now shamefacedly unfold from nowhere an enormous, grey, tired, off centre washing machine, put it on spin cycle and stumble around like an overloaded busboy whilst it thrashes, fizzles and sputters mild detergent burns on the unwary before apologetically sighing itself back into non existence.

There are no words.

The best theory I've heard for PT fragility is that they assigned the "give PTs better DCDs" job to the work experience guy on his first day and he didn't realise that Powertechs and Mercs were different classes. So he gave healing shield, buffed kolto and reflect/heal shield to the highly mobile ranged class which already had self heals and cleanse rather than to the melee class which had neither. By now, all the devs play mercs so they quietly ghost the PT community whenever it DMs them asking for its DCDs back.

The best theory I've heard about why the dev team replaced Death from Above with Washing Machine from Nowhere is that they're a bunch of gormless muppets. Which brings me to my other point. I can safely abuse the dev team here without worrying that they will seek retribution by making all my pops Vandin and Crisis from Umbara since no devs read these forums. If you want even the feeblest chance of your plea being bargained then post it in General or PVP and entitle it "Well done dev team!!!!!". They'll still only read as far as "Powertech" before putting you on ignore but at least you might have the satisfaction of tickling their guilt gland a tiny, tiny bit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Instead of begging for better DCDs which the class needs, it seems the devs are incapable of doing such adjustments due to the amount of new code they have to create.

New code seems to create new bugs with this present dev team. So I present an easier way to buff the PT DPS classes with minimal coding involved.

Just boost all their abilities up by 25% more damage. That's right, make it so when they unload their burst they destroy anyone they target within the first 6-10 seconds of the fight. Let the PTs melt like candle wax, it will balance out!

This will bring much happiness to the PT community, and solve this issue of being too fragile. They should be turned into powerhouse glass cannons, so when they are up and running they are wrecking balls. Problem solved.

• 3 weeks later...
Playing my PT tank after playing my Guardian tank, I feel like I'm doing something wrong. Their stats are similar, but my PT finishes most Heroic fights with maybe half health remaining, while my Guardian doesn't drop significantly (and even when he does, has Focused Defense to heal to full). I'm enough of a "casual" that I want to attribute this to user error, but when I see topics like this, and how PTs are regarded in other places...is my experience actually par for the course?

• 3 months later...

The devs have never been able to properly balance this class I swear. For the longest time they have been so ridiculously overpowered and now the coin has flipped. Its been my main spec since launch and all I want is it to be middle of the pack, not overpowered or a wet noodle but a good solid class that people look at and go "meh". But now pt dps has to hump pillars along with the sorcs but without any reliable self heals. Tanking has been the same play style for ages but with flame farts instead of awesome flamethrowers.

I'm still scratching my head at the dcds that were given to mercs. I participated in Season 4 ranked with my merc with no issues and back then they didn't have reflect bubble, energy shield heal, or 60% kolto heal and I felt pretty unstoppable. Mercs were the class that had to have good kiting abilities and los to really shine but now they face tank while PT pillar humps, it feels backwards.

Edited by JoeKickarse