Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Eternal Alliance - An exercise in Futility, and other rants about KOTFE AND KOTET

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Eternal Alliance - An exercise in Futility, and other rants about KOTFE AND KOTET

notanjelika
07.26.2017 , 03:56 AM | #81
They will eventually have to make KOTFE and KOTET canon, because of two reasons : Umbara and Shae Vizla. We know there will be a new planet in game, Umbara, it appeared in Clone Wars ( which is canon, by the way) and whatever we do in the past must synchronize with whatever is in the future.
Shae Vizla : she could be very well the ancestor of Pre VIszla , otherwise i have no idea how exactly are they going to justify "House Viszla" and a FEMALE Mandalore as successor of Artus Lok ( Mandalore the Vindicated).
Please bring back Jaesa Willsaam

Airen_Fett
11.17.2019 , 12:23 PM | #82
I forgot this post existed.

I stand by everything i said in OP. And i'd like to add that, even if the traitor story line was kind of obvious, it served the most important purpose of all. SELF DESTRUCT THE ETERNAL FLEET SO I CAN GO TO SLEEP NOW.

And now were back to Pub v Imp and its nice. Also decapitations.

juliushorst
11.17.2019 , 12:32 PM | #83
So I... kept my Alliance. Sure, the game forced me back to the pointless war (despite me saying I don't want to every time I had a chance) but I do whatever is in my power to keep my role of a peacekeeper and minimalize loss of life on both sides. If peace requires destruction of one side or even better - both sides anihilating each other, so be it.
All grind and no joy makes Jack a dull boy.
Click here. I get this, you get this

RameiArashi
11.17.2019 , 01:27 PM | #84
I expected it would be the Gree who would invade the Galaxy, after testing both Republic and Empire on Illum. Not an "Eternal Empire" no one ever heard of even though its members claim its over 1000 years old.

I wish just once the player character would slap some Zakullian upside the head and says "Get this through your think skull. Your peace and plenty was bought at the cost of war through out the Galaxy. You are parasite feeding off the hard work of citizens of the Galactic Republic and Sith Empire. Nothing you had was yours. It was stolen from me, my friends and my enemies. And I am taking it back!: Now shut up! "

SerraShar
11.17.2019 , 01:39 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Airen_Fett View Post
First off, not Eternal. The Commander isn't immortal and so the Alliance will essentially die with them. But mostly, just stop with the Eternal crap. Everything cant be eternal. It doesn't make any sense. Less sense than Koth's randomly applied loyalty to Zakuul's supreme nutcase and the perfectly boring population of his pointless and conveniently advanced planet. Oh by the way, this is a rant.

Granted Valkorian would never even imagine an option where NO ONE sits on the ET, but seriously? has no one else thought "Hey why not just have the fleet self destruct? Problem solved and i don't have to babysit it."

It's not like that is an impossible idea, not one a power crazed pseudo-god would think of but still.

Speaking of, so the EF trashed all these worlds back in the day right? Well how come they never clashed with the Infinite Empire? Or the Celestials. Or the Gree. This is a non-canon game after all. (thanks Disney, you suck by the way.) So non of these all powerful civilizations ever encountered this apparently unstoppable force. But some backwater warlord managed to capture one of their ships and use it against them. Sure.

if you played the Warrior and Inquisitor Stories, there is some indication that Vitiate, had his own thing going on, outside the Sith Empire. And that it was heavily alien tech based. But this whole second empire thing is still really dumb. I mean he at the very least believes he is a god. and then of course he does really random stuff that more or less contradicts everything he says about himself. so maybe he is a god, just not a very good one.

On to my favorite topic of companion rage, Koth.

This guy is the token everything for 2 expansions. He is so incredibly annoying and incompetent, that you forget hes also some kind of super agent, but hes also completely pointless. Apparently they wanted me to hate someone more than Skadge. And impressively they succeeded.

A list then.

Worships the emperor. Like super hard, devoid of reason or conscience.
never actually listens to anything anyone else says. ever.
Seems to think the Gravestone is his. I still have no idea at what point he came to that conclusion.
Really, Really, Really wants Arcann gone. Dead. Donezo. Won't actually help you do it. Ever.
Is apparently competent to install a quantum bomb, but too stupid to consider how that might result in the total destruction of "his" ship.
Is utterly and completely surprised when, after telling him about a hundred times that you are going to kill him, you actually kill him. like what is that about? Did he think i was kidding?

I LOVE this game, its Star Wars. or it was. Not so much these days.

The force is not Light and Dark huh? Well that's interesting, non-canon SW story lets look at the other times thats been tried in the Legends (god i hate myself for even using that term) EU...

Mostly Jacen Solo became Caedus. The most pointless and stupid excuse to make three separate multi-book series in the old EU. Its dumb, and contradicts what made SW great in the first place.

And even Valky don't buy it for reals!!!

He's just lying to get what he wants cause he's a stupid old man who wants to be god.

if i think of anything else ill add it later.

if you read to this point, your either a huge nerd, or your a masochist.

EDIT

I FORGOT ABOUT VAYLIN

Not really, but i forgot to rant about her. From the get go, and i mean from when Lana rescues you from Carbonite, Vaylin is refered to by all NPC's with this kind of primal dread. But when you meet her it turns out she is basically just a child throwing a temper tantrum. So in order to convince us that she is indeed far too powerful to face alone, we are dragged through all sorts of nonesense. Regardless when we ultimately get to face her we discover that she does in fact have a supreme power. I call it force whining. and it has defeated my will to play with sound on.

otherwise, shes not anything special.
Oh why I didn't see this before ??

ITS GOLD!!! GOLD AND PRICELESS AND 1000000% True!!

BW should laminate this and put it on their wall, everytime they come up with a 'Great Idea''

Hilarious, just made my day! Thanx OP!

Hey OP! if you ever wanna expand on your rant, I would love to hear ACT 2 about how ''Killing your companion is equal choices in a story and toward the vilain'' XD
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldnít know a momentís peace!

jauvtus
11.17.2019 , 03:25 PM | #86
I forgot this post existed.

I stand by everything i said in OP. And i'd like to add that, even if the traitor story line was kind of obvious, it served the most important purpose of all. SELF DESTRUCT THE ETERNAL FLEET SO I CAN GO TO SLEEP NOW.

And now were back to Pub v Imp and its nice. Also decapitations.
Wow, itís so good this thread was necroed, I love all the rants! Iím so happy I could finally return to where I belong and hopefully this whole Eternal **** is mostly over. Can we maybe drop a nuke on Odessen?

Also, does anyone know if itís worth turning to CS about bugged companions? I killed Koth ofc, but somehow heís back and now I canít do anything about him (Khem is also bugged on my SI)
Why did the SW start with Episode IV?
Because the director Yoda was

LordVitalus
11.17.2019 , 08:36 PM | #87
I subscribe 100% OP words. Hope the writers of all the Zakuul nonsense rot in hell forever.
Click here for 7 free premium days.
Darth Vitalus, Lord of Life.

Ardrossan
11.17.2019 , 10:15 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by RameiArashi View Post
I expected it would be the Gree who would invade the Galaxy, after testing both Republic and Empire on Illum. Not an "Eternal Empire" no one ever heard of even though its members claim its over 1000 years old.
That would be pretty cool. It would be hard to justify the Gree as typical star wars villains though; they don't do a lot of moustache-twirling.

The eternal saga was basically the Dark Empire of this game. You thought the emperor was dead? Well here's an identical one that improbably appeared and has been doing a lot of side-projects throughout the length of the character's stories. Like Dark Empire, the 'eternal' expansions had good art, and that's about it. Otherwise it was a canon-breaking, cheesy, meandering mess. Actually, there are enough comparisons to DE to make me wonder if that was actually what BW had in mind when they wrote these expansions.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Companions are a crutch for the weak.

MarkFranz
11.18.2019 , 02:34 AM | #89
First off, not Eternal. The Commander isn't immortal and so the Alliance will essentially die with them.
It is also entirely possible that the Force user - Commander could find a way to gain immortality in the manner of Valkorian, or at least biological. All that remains for him is not to allow himself to be killed.
Quote:
Everything cant be eternal. It doesn't make any sense.
That's just not true.
Quote:
Granted Valkorian would never even imagine an option where NO ONE sits on the ET, but seriously? has no one else thought "Hey why not just have the fleet self destruct? Problem solved and i don't have to babysit it."

It's not like that is an impossible idea, not one a power crazed pseudo-god would think of but still.
Yes, it is possible, in theory. But why? Why give up the most powerful fleet in the galaxy, the presence of which gives almost unlimited power? My SW will never undestand it.

Ylliarus
11.18.2019 , 03:44 AM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by LordVitalus View Post
I subscribe 100% OP words. Hope the writers of all the Zakuul nonsense rot in hell forever.
I pretend KotFE and KotET simply didn't happen. I just absolutely, profoundly hate Zakuul, the Eternal Fleet AND the Eternal Alliance. When we got the choices to return to our factions I was already spamming the dialogue option to rejoin before it even showed. In my head, we have the amazing Ziost arc and then we immediately begin with Ossus, the story content in between simply reads [REDACTED] in my mind.
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Player since November 25th, 2012
And here is my referral link!