New Dantooine reputation armor

Estelindis

Thanks for adding two armor sets as rewards. :) My feedback is short and sweet.

1) Please make all the armor bind to legacy. It will be much more wanted and used as legacy armor.

2) Please remove the straps from the Dantooine Homesteader Vest - that will make it such a simple, versatile and desired item. I know it is more work, but people will love it. It is already good to have a simple, relatively unadorned item like this, but making it totally unadorned will let people build so many different types of outfits around it. A plain cloth vest, nothing else.

Thanks for adding two armor sets as rewards. :) My feedback is short and sweet.

1) Please make all the armor bind to legacy. It will be much more wanted and used as legacy armor.

2) Please remove the straps from the Dantooine Homesteader Vest - that will make it such a simple, versatile and desired item. I know it is more work, but people will love it. It is already good to have a simple, relatively unadorned item like this, but making it totally unadorned will let people build so many different types of outfits around it. A plain cloth vest, nothing else.

A couple of things in response.

1. I absolutely agree with the bind to legacy request. I don't have much use for BoE cosmetics.

2. Where is the Pub rep. vendor? I couldn't find it today. The Imp one has different versions of the gear which are nothing but recolors of easily attained existing armor. The chest for both is a recolor of the Cunning Vigilante which is already a recolor of crafted gear. I hope they can do better than this :(

3. I'm of mixed opinion about your request to remove the straps. Without the straps it is exactly the same as extremely easy to get low level gear. With the straps, it matches several NPCs with gear players can't currently get. However, right now low level gear can't be dyed since they stealth "fixed" the outfit designer so we can't dye it in the stamps, so this rep. gear would have the advantage of being dyeable. I'd rather they just add dye slots to the rest of the gear that sill don't have them since many, many nice, simple outfits are now no longer dyeable. If they make the new rep. armor bind to legacy, it would then have the second advantage of being legacy gear.

Where is the Pub rep. vendor? I couldn't find it today.
Thanks for the response! The republic reputation gear vendor is downstairs in a building behind the quest-givers.

I'm of mixed opinion about your request to remove the straps. Without the straps it is exactly the same as extremely easy to get low level gear. With the straps, it matches several NPCs with gear players can't currently get. However, right now low level gear can't be dyed since they stealth "fixed" the outfit designer so we can't dye it in the stamps, so this rep. gear would have the advantage of being dyeable. I'd rather they just add dye slots to the rest of the gear that sill don't have them since many, many nice, simple outfits are now no longer dyeable. If they make the new rep. armor bind to legacy, it would then have the second advantage of being legacy gear.

The armor there, without the straps, it not exactly the same as the armor you link. The one you link has nothing under the belt line, whereas this one does. This gives an option for something really versatile that - as you point out - can be dyed by anyone. And its tint map for the dye is really clearly delineated, with the shirt taking one colour and the sleeves of the under-shirt taking a different colour, again unlike the more mixed tint map of the (generally not dye-able) armor you linked. Without straps, this reputation armor is such a perfect basic jedi (or anyone) tunic, it's exactly the sort of simple outfit so many people want. I would love if they could make everything dye-able (again, in so many cases, bah), but we have been asking for that for some time. Meanwhile maybe just this one armor piece might be simpler to take some bits away...

Edited by Estelindis

https://imgur.com/e9kv70q

One of these armor sets will take several weeks of grinding to earn on Dantooine, the other consists of a level 20ish crafted chest piece and some pieces that the adaptive gear vendors on the Republic and Imperial fleets will charge you a grand total of 15000 credits to buy.

Are there differences? Sure, but are they really different enough to make them worth saving up and then spending event Currency on? I'm not feeling it.

Hey, I just realised that making the armor I mentioned not have straps would be easier than I previously thought! A version without straps already exists in the game. Just noticed it on a twi'lek NPC on Tython, Tazonthe Ghon. :) So I reiterate my plea. This tunic, without straps, would be a simple, versatile item that many would appreciate.

For the record, a version very like the one with straps already exists on the cartel market, very accessibly at bronze rarity (albeit the cloth below the waist is different, only showing at the front without any at the back). So I feel like this look with straps is pretty much covered, whereas I don't see a way to get the plain tunic with cloth below the waist, particularly in a dyeable version, unless BW were to change this reputation armor.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't get it.

Everyone has different tastes, but I know most sets in collections available today.

This Dantooine and Nova Blade armor.

Its not for looks. Its not for PvE or PvP or for players who "play".

They may end up getting a set, sure... but these NPC armours have "FAO RPers" sewn right into the buttocks!

If it wasn't obvious right away from most of the vendor items being SH decos.

I feel like this request is no more than vain - and you are one of those RPers.

For serious players looking for good items, Dantooine has nothing to offer.

Maybe the 1 credit token could be cool to own its certainly unique.

But - beyond that - the only thing Dantooine has done in reality is increase our workload in the game for nothing that really matters.

So please, be more clear that its the RPers who want this.

I don't get it.

Everyone has different tastes, but I know most sets in collections available today.

They may end up getting a set, sure... but these NPC armours have "FAO RPers" sewn right into the buttocks!

But - beyond that - the only thing Dantooine has done in reality is increase our workload in the game for nothing that really matters.

Because RPers are a monolithic entity that gets off on every variation of every set imaginable :rolleyes: I don't know what a "FAO RPer" is but I assure you, a majority of the RPers I know (being one myself) have no interest in these sets nor does Dantooine seem to bring anything truly new to the game for us besides another place to eventually RP around when it dies down and a nice looking daily zone. Still waiting to see what it looks like without the event going though.

Edited by DarthCasus

I don't get it.

I am a roleplayer and do not like this armor so it is not for roleplayers at least the ones I roleplay with. Decorations not many I want and I am one that loves to decorate.

RPers spend a fortune supporting this game, and they definitely **** over every other playstyle in terms of the hours they put into the game. So I'm not sure how you've decided they're not 'serious' players...