Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why Assassin DPS is so low?

Panzerfire
02.05.2013 , 01:03 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Griad View Post
Wonder if the op is talking about deception or madness dps, because the is a major difference in the way to play em.
Well you'd need testing done and some fights cather to one or the other.
Basically I'd say that madness tends to be better unless there are pauses in the fight or if you need to deliver burst dps on specific objectives or phases of the fight.
For deception-favored fights I'd go with bosses like the Soa, Operator, Kephess the Undying, all of them have pauses which you can use to regain your force and Kephess takes more damage after Pylons fall on him and I've noticed that I can't get rid of all my force during one of those phases as a madness sin.
Altough both madness and deception should be viable for raiding.

DarthSylar
02.05.2013 , 07:38 PM | #22
Part of the reason is no 6% main stat increase. As a full Campaign/Dread Guard deception assassin, I'm at about 2000 willpower buffed but not stimmed. If Assassins had the same buff that every other class (besides the already over powered marauders/sentenials) then my main stat would be in excess of 2120 which represents a big difference.

LastWizard
02.05.2013 , 07:55 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by UcigasRoman View Post
LastWizard
what spec you use and what gear you have ?
what rotation you use?
Madness. 7/3/31.
The spec is really hard to explain. It's the hardest dps spec in game to maintain, especially in boss fights with lots of movement. Also with the gcd bug, parsing on a dummy is almost impossible. Tell me your server and I can help you with the spec.

LastWizard
02.05.2013 , 08:03 PM | #24
Deception required higher accuracy and is easier to use. Madness can get away with lower accuracy. I only have 1 piece of hazmat gear. This will sound crazy, but 2 months ago, I didn't use madness at all. But before I went to a new op I tried to use madness in PvP as hectic as it was. But after learning how to use it in PvP I was able to effectively use it in operations. If you can use that difficult spec in PvP you will own PvE. That's my 1 pointer really. Message if you have anymore questions.

ElitehunterDS
02.05.2013 , 08:11 PM | #25
Seeing that i do fine if i compare myself to everyone around me, been deception since day 1, wish they would change a few thing but its not that bad since 1.4.
-AoE
-Main stats
-Power/crit enhancement (i would kill for that)

P.s. A lot of players have difficulty managing their force and CD correctly, that might be your issues
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSylar View Post
Part of the reason is no 6% main stat increase. As a full Campaign/Dread Guard deception assassin, I'm at about 2000 willpower buffed but not stimmed. If Assassins had the same buff that every other class (besides the already over powered marauders/sentenials) then my main stat would be in excess of 2120 which represents a big difference.
Full Dreadguard is over 2110 without Stim, but yeah i wished we had that 6% main stats.
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)

Griad
02.06.2013 , 07:46 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by ElitehunterDS View Post
Seeing that i do fine if i compare myself to everyone around me, been deception since day 1, wish they would change a few thing but its not that bad since 1.4.
-AoE
-Main stats
-Power/crit enhancement (i would kill for that)

P.s. A lot of players have difficulty managing their force and CD correctly, that might be your issues

Full Dreadguard is over 2110 without Stim, but yeah i wished we had that 6% main stats.
Yes the stat boost to main stat would be a welcome sight
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse