Kicked From Guild

cmcougar

I joined a guild last night, and about two hours later I, along with a large number of other players were unceremoniously kicked from the guild without notice or explanation. Does anyone know why this happens? I certainly didn't do anything to deserve it!:(

That problem will end after tomorrow's update. Unfortunately, the guild you were in was taking one last advantage of the fact that they can mass kick people from guilds, without penalty regarding any conquest points you earned for them. After tomorrow's update, it'll cost them those player's conquest points to do that.

Sorry that happened to you. Depending what kind of guild you're after, I'm GL of a few casual guilds on SF than run ops 3 times a week if you're interested. If not, just say what kind of guild you're interested in, and I'm sure someone here on the forums can find you a new home :)

Again, sorry that happened.

Edited by xordevoreaux

They were just <redacted>, it wasn't you it was them, they shameless abuse the systems in the game, to further their CQ goals, and unfortunately, don't care about those caught up in it. Just remember not all guilds are like that. This is abuse, and bullying, this may sound harsh, but the GL (or whoever did it) knew they was exploiting a system, and should have measures taken against them. Banning them for a couple of weeks might improve their manners :mad:

*on a plus side, Xor is one of the good guys on this forum, so we can be sure he's a good & fair GL, would be worth giving him a shout if you are on Starforge.

Edited by DarkTergon

They were just <redacted>, it wasn't you it was them, they shameless abuse the systems in the game, to further their CQ goals, and unfortunately, don't care about those caught up in it. Just remember not all guilds are like that. This is abuse, and bullying, this may sound harsh, but the GL (or whoever did it) knew they was exploiting a system, and should have measures taken against them. Banning them for a couple of weeks might improve their manners :mad:

What DT said. Although I say they should be permanently banned from the game, not just a couple of weeks. I seriously don't get why BW makes patches to fix this kind of an exploit, but don't touch the exploiters. This form of abuse should end now, but because the exploiters are still in game, they will find another way to exploit the system and abuse players, because that's the kind of people they are.

What DT said. Although I say they should be permanently banned from the game, not just a couple of weeks. I seriously don't get why BW makes patches to fix this kind of an exploit, but don't touch the exploiters. This form of abuse should end now, but because the exploiters are still in game, they will find another way to exploit the system and abuse players, because that's the kind of people they are.

Exactly. On our server (DM), it's two or three well known guilds doing this, all run by one guy. He is even well known for doing another things against ToS, it was reported by many people from various guilds, but BW has never done anything.

Edited by wistarie

as soon as the 6.2.1 notes were posted, the usual offenders updated their guild CQ activity requirements to include "pruning" on monday if you did not meet that guilds demanded CQ activity requirements for that week. Even if you met the games listed personal goal, you still get kicked if you did not meet theirs, and btw you also got screwed out of your weekly guild reward in the process... just as predicted when they first made the suggestion to make these nonsense changes weeks ago.

gg bw - still carping on the individual players, and still not actually resolving anything in the process

(and the patch notes date is still wrong too)

Edited by Kaveat

This is one of the few times nameing and shameing would not be a bad thing, unforunetlly it is against the forum rules. Anyway hopefully this will be a end to this sort of thing happening after todays update.

Plenty of guilds out there for you to try, most are very repectable.

• Like 1

as soon as the 6.2.1 notes were posted, the usual offenders updated their guild CQ activity requirements to include "pruning" on monday if you did not meet that guilds demanded CQ activity requirements for that week. Even if you met the games listed personal goal, you still get kicked if you did not meet theirs, and btw you also got screwed out of your weekly guild reward in the process... just as predicted when they first made the suggestion to make these nonsense changes weeks ago.

gg bw - still carping on the individual players, and still not actually resolving anything in the process

Disagree, this is a good change. After today those guilds don't benifit from this sort of thing. Be thankful if it was up to me I would abolish the guild, if thats your guild well the games better off without your guild.

• Like 1

Disagree, this is a good change. After today those guilds don't benifit from this sort of thing. Be thankful if it was up to me I would abolish the guild, if thats your guild well the games better off without your guild.

I wouldn't disband the guild, it's only a couple of toxic people that do this, with them removed the guild might flourish and become a haven, of course, it might not, but I'd prefer to give them a chance. Recently on SF on one of the more toxic guilds, the GL was removed, obviously we can't go in to details or mention names, etc. But we're hoping that when the time elapsed is over, and the new regime take over, that the guild will become considerably better than before. But we don't know, only time will tell. But I believe the guild should be given another chance, but if it stays down the same path, then maybe disbanding is the only option. Although I don't think they'd go that far.

it's good but it's also bad at the same time. Now dwarf guilds can't compete at all on large conquests. on Star Forge we have the sanctuary one which's annoyingly popping up in every planet you visit (virtually), because they basically get over 300mil rep each week, and nobody can match them, not even get close... Guess the second place? "The Dark Sanctuary", their Empire alt off-shot guild.

It's quite annoying tbh because it discourages starting a guild, at least with the old system it was possible to rip rewards from random players that would join once a week and disappear without warnings, so I don't really know how to feel about these changes. Good on one side, really bad on another. (and no, I don't own nor did I ever own a guild, I simply join guilds who randomly invite me)

Honestly they need to do something about the large guilds invading the small yield planets. Every server has like 3-4 guilds win all of the planets, every week. The small guilds just have no chance to compete, a small guild that has 10 -15 active members on a small yield planet has no chance when a 900+ member guild goes after the small yield planet. Massive guilds like that should be locked to the large yield planets.

it's good but it's also bad at the same time. Now dwarf guilds can't compete at all on large conquests. on Star Forge we have the sanctuary one which's annoyingly popping up in every planet you visit (virtually), because they basically get over 300mil rep each week, and nobody can match them, not even get close... Guess the second place? "The Dark Sanctuary", their Empire alt off-shot guild.

It's quite annoying tbh because it discourages starting a guild, at least with the old system it was possible to rip rewards from random players that would join once a week and disappear without warnings, so I don't really know how to feel about these changes. Good on one side, really bad on another. (and no, I don't own nor did I ever own a guild, I simply join guilds who randomly invite me)

I have to defend the sanctuary here, when it comes to CQ, they are extremely well formed, and run well. They never attack two different planets on a week, unless it's all out war, and all planets are available, they give other guilds a chance. They also keep everyone they can, and only kick people who are 8 days afk, or haven't gotten their 100k CQ points , I don't agree with the points, and I think they should tell people before they join, but that's a different argument.

Because technically it wasn't an exploit and there was nothing in the TOS against adding and removing players from a guild.

Honestly they need to do something about the large guilds invading the small yield planets. Every server has like 3-4 guilds win all of the planets, every week. The small guilds just have no chance to compete, a small guild that has 10 -15 active members on a small yield planet has no chance when a 900+ member guild goes after the small yield planet. Massive guilds like that should be locked to the large yield planets.

this has come up a few times, but how to define guild sizes, does it go by the amount of people, the amount of legacies, the amount of active people, etc. The variations are crazy.

Which is why one of the proposals that keep popping up, is to disentangle the title and achievements away from 1st place, and maybe open it to the top ten, or 20, but even then, there are guilds, who'll never get near there, but always get their yield. :/

Because technically it wasn't an exploit and there was nothing in the TOS against adding and removing players from a guild.

But what they were doing was against the ToS , bad behaviour, trolling, doing stuff that puts the game in bad light, etc...Obviously it's put better than that, in better 'legalese' but that's the heart of it, and what these guilds were doing was tantamount to that

Edited by DarkTergon

Why? Why kick people out - seems pointless to me.

with the new patch they'll probably change their approach to kicks. AS I've said, good and bad at the same time.

Not to mention that if you hop guilds, say, because you were either kicked or didn't fit in and left, you get cancelled out from the weekly rewards, that's just ludicrous.

I don't agree with the points, and I think they should tell people before they join, but that's a different argument.

Sanctuary doesn't invite people into their guild until they've reviewed the guild rules and agreed to them.

While I understand some people don't like guilds that have activity requirements, most of the large guilds also have a bunch of people that want to join them, so they try to make sure that there's room for active players.

I wouldn't disband the guild, it's only a couple of toxic people that do this, with them removed the guild might flourish and become a haven, of course, it might not, but I'd prefer to give them a chance. Recently on SF on one of the more toxic guilds, the GL was removed, obviously we can't go in to details or mention names, etc. But we're hoping that when the time elapsed is over, and the new regime take over, that the guild will become considerably better than before. But we don't know, only time will tell. But I believe the guild should be given another chance, but if it stays down the same path, then maybe disbanding is the only option. Although I don't think they'd go that far.

You may not disband the guild, I'm not you LOL. Still I am not in charge so my opinion really counts for nothing.

However I still disagree with your staement in this post. The issue is with guild and the players who run such a guild that was kicking players on mass. Very few member(s) would have been allowed to remove players. So it's really only the few in charge. As for the rest most if not all (except new members) would have been well awhere of how these guilds are run, if a player is Ok with such an abusive guild then to me they are no better. In this content of this thread we are not really talking about the decent players you mention.

Still after today hopefully it will sort such guilds out and this will put an end to it. Unfortuntlly such guilds will find another way, but that is something only time will tell.

I do agree however I also don't think BW would disband the guild, that however is a differant subject, I'm not BW! As said lucky for these guilds. :D

Why? Why kick people out - seems pointless to me.

Guilds have a max capacity of 1,000 characters. Notice I say characters, not members or players, to avoid confusion.

It doesn't matter whose characters they are, even if they all were to belong just a handful of accounts, once 1,000 is reached, that's it, no more characters can be invited to that guild unless one leaves or is removed.

Some guilds deguild for game-focused reasons, such as making sure they have the most active of the most active players because their guild goals demand it.

Such guilds may deguild you just because you haven't logged on in a week, or are found to be on but you're not participating in a guild-mandated event, like a nightmare raid or planetary conquest takeover, or being in a role-play guild, but logging on and playing out of character during an all-roleplay event.

Other guilds may deguild someone for behavior or language.

I'm sure there's plenty of other reasons that I haven't even touched upon here.

My guild has clear rules, advertises them often, and has a sudden-death policy (immediate ban) for anyone using hate-oriented language, in or out of the guild. I was once soloing on a toon that I had not had pulled into my guild yet, saw a guild member using vile language in gen chat against Jewish people, and immediately logged into my guild leader toon and banned them. THEN I whispered to them to explain why.

The last thing I want is my guild's guild tag floating over someone's head while they're spouting off hate.

As a guild leader of casual guilds, my deguild policy is fairly straightforward:

1. If someone with no legacy name has not logged on in 30 days, they're deguilded.

2. If all characters for a given legacy in the guild have not logged on in 50 days, they're deguilded

2a. unless they first approached the leadership team to say they'll be gone longer (taking the kids camping for the summer, for example) but if people don't contact the leadership team prior to a long absence, we don't know whether they've left game altogether or what.

3. Deguilding for inactivity is not a ban. Upon return, if there's room, they contact us, they're welcomed back.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Sanctuary doesn't invite people into their guild until they've reviewed the guild rules and agreed to them.

While I understand some people don't like guilds that have activity requirements, most of the large guilds also have a bunch of people that want to join them, so they try to make sure that there's room for active players.

The new rules does not stop you doing this, you just don't benfit from thier conquest points. If you (as in the guild) remove a player then you should not benifit from thier points. However to me it when you remove them not why. Removing a player at the start of a new conquest is one thing, removing a player to benift from the points they have made, but removing them before they get the weekly reward is another.

Also remember the OP said he was in the guild just two hours, hardly time to see how efective a conquest player he was.

Edited by StormForceDax

They don't mention any of this when they advertise, and yes, they do invite people in to the guild, then tell them, not before they join. Unless they changed that recently. But as I said, it's their guild, their rules. Not going to argue over it :)

BioWare could easily fix this by giving people the guild reward if they made the BioWare total and were kicked from the guild.

But they would rather chase gremlins (rumours) falsely spread by a few loud mouths on the forums to nerf conquest crafting.

If you go and look at the guild list you can see it’s had zero affect on rankings or guild totals in those large guilds. But it’s totally screwed over the players who used crafting to get a little bit extra conquest done.