Rollback

Harland

Hi folks, we're looking into reports of rollbacks and will update this as soon as we have more information. Thank you

Outraged first.

Then disappointed.

And now forcibly and painfully made aware of how a game can be a waste of life.

And all thanks to BW.

I'm gonna make the best of my already payed sub and then quietly fade away.

Systems crash and crap happens, but I was expecting a premium service, since this game charges premium rates as far as gaming goes.

instead, we get silence and no explanation/fix/compensation or even a proper apology.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so what happened exactly? I finished some HM mode dungeon with a few people about an hour before the server reset. I got some gear I will need to play my trooper in such instances again. Did I lose that stuff? I can't check until after work. Now I can't remember how much time for sure I spent PvPing on my shadow after, you can erase that it's just more coms I am throwing down the toilet anyway.

Is this like when I work on something, forget to save it and shut down my computer? Is that what they did? lol

Hi folks, unfortunately, a small number of users were affected by a minor rollback on the Red Eclipse which we cannot reset. We want to apologize for this inconvenience, and know that we are working on processes to prevent this from happening again. If you lost Cartel Coins at all during this rollback, please contact Customer Support so that they can assist you. Thank you for your patience. Edited by JovethGonzalez

Hi folks, unfortunately, a small number of users were affected by a minor rollback which we cannot reset. However, if you lost Cartel Coins at all during this rollback, please contact Customer Support so that they can assist you. Thank you for your patience.

And the next time it happens? We're just supposed to roll over and accept that as well?

How about a little more information?

What servers were effected?

When is the effected time period?

Was everyone who played during this time effected, or just some?

Will only Cartel Coins be reimbursed?

Granted that Cartel Coins are probably the most important as they represent real money, but everything else lost does represent real time and effort spent. If something can not be restored, I personally would understand, but I can also understand that others would be upset. So a "We are sorry" statement is probably called for, even if unreasonable people won't believe it.

welcome to the new era of customer service.

i will say this, however.

if you're going to complain, yet still pay money for this game, you are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

it is time to stop empowering these companies and developers.

the lack of communication, support, and customer service is an abomination.

that's ok, they're getting paid.

*EDIT* solution: subscribers = 1 free week/1000 CC FTP = 1000 CC

doing nothing is just unacceptable.

Edited by T-Assassin

If the hardware has failed and the data got lost then whats stopping Bioware from making a big apology post informing everyone of this, if thats what happened they should know by now. Its the total lack of any comunication from them at all thats pissing people off.

Yeah this has always been biowares biggest problem. I was hoping that they learned from how well their more open communication on the spymaster gear issue was received, but doesn't seem like it...

Basically in this case if they said "yeah we had a harddisk failure and in the exact same second an intern poured his coffee into the backup rack hence the rollback. We now feed interns only crackers in order to prevent such mishaps in the future" most people would apprecite the honesty and move on.

What they actually said is absolutely nothing new, everyone already knew there was a rollback, that's why the thread exists in the first place...

Edited by sanchito

Hi folks, unfortunately, a small number of users were affected by a minor rollback on the Red Eclipse which we cannot reset. However, if you lost Cartel Coins at all during this rollback, please contact Customer Support so that they can assist you. Thank you for your patience.

Great response, it's time to delete my sub now. I finished my patience a long time (and bug) ago.

Says hello to my money, Joveth!

Edited by Locr

You aren't really shocked. I can't imagine this surprises anyone at all.

This. While rollbacks don't seem to happen all the time. Here lately with in the last month it has been happening more often. All they do is give the canned response like in this thread. Another poster hit the nail right on the head. Either quit giving sub money and move on or take the punch and keep playing. You guys should know by now they aren't going to do jack about it.

I just logged in, lost 2 levels, a few hundred social points from the two Black Talon runs I did last night, as well as the Marauder chest piece and a lightsaber from the runs.

I'm now back on Korriban, having to re-do the end of my class quest and farm the last two commendations I need ><

Plus a cartel pack assault cannon I put on the GTN seems to have disappeared. EDIT - found the cannon, it was on a different character. Going to do a few BT runs now, see if I can get that gear back...

Yup, it stings :mad:

Edited by MoogleNut

Hi folks, unfortunately, a small number of users were affected by

Something like 500-700ppls?

"a small number of users" and "SOON", and "we will definitely looking into this" this is why your game dies! :rak_04:

Edited by Glower

Hi folks, unfortunately, a small number of users were affected by a minor rollback on the Red Eclipse which we cannot reset. However, if you lost Cartel Coins at all during this rollback, please contact Customer Support so that they can assist you. Thank you for your patience.

Small number? Try the entire frigging server. Minor rollback? Nearly 3 hours of progress. Bioware's version of the event differs dramatically from the paying customer.

I logged out of Red Eclipse yesterday around 10pm GMT. Only played for about an hour, whatever it took for 3 full warzones and then buying some armour and augmenting it. That is completely gone today. Hope that helps narrow it down a bit.

EDIT: Sorry meant that only played about an hour during the evening. Had some playing earlier yesterday too but all things achieved during that time are still intact today.

Edited by Kettu

Small number? Try the entire frigging server. Minor rollback? Nearly 3 hours of progress. Bioware's version of the event differs dramatically from the paying customer.

I for one was not affected, so it's most definitely not "entire frigging server". Although several guildies were affected, although luckily in our case I've recieved the pieces of loot which dropped during the rollback period, as such we didn't lose anything (beyond a kill status in some of the members lockout overview for this week).

However, it's most definitely unfortunate that stuff like this happens. It'd be nice if for these sort of purposes there'd be some form of "offline logging" on the player's end, which records things such as drops, accomplishments, etc. So in case of a rollback if people lost something of great value, a report could be submitted to which such a log would be attached for BioWare to view.

Question is of course, how to keep it safe, encrypted and prevent any tinkering with it. However, something like that would be a much welcomed change.

Unfortunately though, I doubt it's ever going to come. Rollbacks have been a part of MMO's ever since their existance. And I can't recall playing a single MMO where I haven't experienced an occasional rollback myself either. The response is always the same as well, nothing can be done to be of assistance.