Electronet and Force Barrier...

Ghost_Spectre

According to the tool tip for Force Barrier:

Projects a Force Barrier around you, granting immunity to *all* control, damage, and negative effects while channeled. This ability does not respect the global cooldown and can be used while controlled.

However, the Electronet does not allow for the use of the Force Barrier and automatically puts it on cooldown when you attempt to use. Note the asterisk around all. It is specific, meaning not some, or most, it means ALL control measures.

I want to know why this has not been fixed since it is most certainly a bug as it does not follow what the tool tip states.

No other CC, stun, slow, or control measures do this, why does Electronet not respect Force Barrier's ability. Conversely, when will the developers fix this?

Edited by Ghost_Spectre

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

working as intended. Mercs are already at a disadvantage so BW finally gave them something to at least irritate others:P

If they tell me that is the case, "working as intended." Then I am done with this game and this godawful company and their illicit business practices.

Lol. Read the tooltip on electronet. Players can't use "escape" abilities. Force Barrier effectively removes you from combat. Therefore, you can't use it.

Reading is pro.

Edited by Eitetsu

Moreover, I expect an answer from BioWare on this bug. If not, then I will be forced to use other measure to obtain the answer I seek and require.

terrifiedkitten.gif

Wouldn't surprise me either way frankly. Both are meant to overrride normal events and surprise surprise they don't play together.

Edited by Gyronamics

Are you saying you are channeling force barrier and then BH throws electro net on you? Or are you trying to use force barrier after electro net is on you already?

If the former, I would think it would protect you. The later, not so much. As the barrier is a defensive measure, I would take that to mean it must be used in advance.

Electro Net ensnares a single target, reducing its movement speed and dealing periodic Energy damage which increases over time if the target is moving. While Electro Net is active, the target is also hindered and unable to activate high mobility actions and escapes, such as speed boosts, vanishes, and charges.

The term "such as" includes examples but does not necessarily mean those are the only things that are affected. It is working as intended. The only fix I would expect would be to update the tooltips to clarify.

Edited by HelinCarnate

The key words you are missing are "while channeled".. electronet is preventing you from activating the channeling, thus it's working as intended...

If the tool tip did not say, "Can be used while controlled," then I would agree with you. However, it does say that. Therefore, Force Barrier by tool tip definition should break Electro Net. Electro Net is bugged when it comes to Force Barrier. Force Barrier is the one defense that Sages & Sorcerers have to protect themselves from all control measures, damage, and CCs per definition. I cannot understand why people want to argue that Electro Net is the one power that can defeat it when it is not an escape, but defensive measure.

Are you saying you are channeling force barrier and then BH throws electro net on you? Or are you trying to use force barrier after electro net is on you already?

If the former, I would think it would protect you. The later, not so much. As the barrier is a defensive measure, I would take that to mean it must be used in advance.

As I posted to the person above you, you can use it even when controlled. Electro Net is a Crowd Control measure. Force Barrier is designed to counter ALL CCs before application or after.

Wasn't joking when I said working as intended. It effectively blocks you from using it. It may not state specifically force barrier in the tooltip for electronet but thats because they cant list every ability it blocks or it would be too spammy in the tooltip. What you are perceiving force barrer as and how it actually works are two different things. It is working as intended.

Electro Net ensnares a single target, reducing its movement speed and dealing periodic Energy damage which increases over time if the target is moving. While Electro Net is active, the target is also hindered and unable to activate high mobility actions and escapes, such as speed boosts, vanishes, and charges.

The term "such as" includes examples but does not necessarily mean those are the only things that are affected. It is working as intended. The only fix I would expect would be to update the tooltips to clarify.

While what you state may be true, the fact that the tool tip for Electro Net specifically mentions "high mobility and escapes," prior to "such as" (meaning examples) means that it should not stop Force Barrier from activating and countering that Crowd Control Measure.

If they do change the tool tip to indicate that Electro Net can do this, they will have to change it from a CC to specific attack ability with secondary affects. Furthermore, the tool tip for Force Barrier will have to state that it cannot break Electro Net. They do that, then they'll have to include anything that is similar in nature to Electro Net, such as slows, roots, and snares that are associated with attack powers. In other words, they will render Force Barrier a near useless defensive measure from what it original was intended to do.

I cannot believe they intended Electro Net to be the ultimate CC that nothing can break it. And before you say, use your CC breaker on it, I did and it did not break it. And yes, my CC breaker was available and it, like Force Barrier went on cool down.

What you are perceiving force barrer as and how it actually works are two different things. It is working as intended.

Am I? The tool tip is very specific in what it stops, that is ALL measures of control. Electro Net is a CC. Creeping Terror has an immediate root. When I have Force Barrier up, I have been hit with it by a Sorc, it does not affect me. Creeping Terror is specific in what it does; however, it fails to affect someone with Force Barrier up. Electro Net is specific in what it affects (high mobility and escapes and then lists examples). Force Barrier is a defensive measure meant to counter damage, stuns, and CCs. There's no misconceptions on my part. My reading comprehension is spot on.

Edited by Ghost_Spectre

find it odd as I have tested this with guildies and used it in pvp myself and seen people cc break my net to remove the impairing part and then bubble. Also snipers roll will remove the impairing part but the dot remains ticking for dmg. Hell this morning I had someone cc break my net to remove the impair and run off with the dot ticking.

While what you state may be true, the fact that the tool tip for Electro Net specifically mentions "high mobility and escapes," prior to "such as" (meaning examples) means that it should not stop Force Barrier from activating and countering that Crowd Control Measure.

If they do change the tool tip to indicate that Electro Net can do this, they will have to change it from a CC to specific attack ability with secondary affects. Furthermore, the tool tip for Force Barrier will have to state that it cannot break Electro Net. They do that, then they'll have to include anything that is similar in nature to Electro Net, such as slows, roots, and snares that are associated with attack powers. In other words, they will render Force Barrier a near useless defensive measure from what it original was intended to do.

I cannot believe they intended Electro Net to be the ultimate CC that nothing can break it. And before you say, use your CC breaker on it, I did and it did not break it. And yes, my CC breaker was available and it, like Force Barrier went on cool down.

So you can believe that Force Barrier can be the ultimate CC breaker that nothing can get through but not that Electronet can prevent it?

Force Barrier is treated like an escape. Escape is something that gets rid of CC effects. With the exception of electro net, that is exactly what it does.

I think Electronet was meant to be something over the top, something unbreakable. If that would not be the case, each CC breaker would destroy it, as well as cleanses... that would be too easy to counter and it would not fulfill its role. Following this logic, no CC-breaker and cleanse should break it, and Force barrier should not except.

Still following the same logic, although Force barrier is not made unavaliable, it conflicts with what is allowed and what is not, and that's probably why your Force Barrier instantly stops and goes on CD.

I think the only fix you can hope to see, is that Force Barrier will be greyed out and made unavaliable when under the effect of Electronet, like Force Speed. I may be wrong, but if they fix it to allow to break Electronet, then all other means should work as well, and the ability will lose its interest.

In addition some may argue that even if it's a "defensive power", it's absolute defense, and so it surpass even "escape powers" and can be used as a replacement or equivalent or even be considered an "escape power".

find it odd as I have tested this with guildies and used it in pvp myself and seen people cc break my net to remove the impairing part and then bubble. Also snipers roll will remove the impairing part but the dot remains ticking for dmg. Hell this morning I had someone cc break my net to remove the impair and run off with the dot ticking.

Imagine my surprise when my CC breaker did not break it but went on cooldown.

So you can believe that Force Barrier can be the ultimate CC breaker that nothing can get through but not that Electronet can prevent it?

Force Barrier is treated like an escape. Escape is something that gets rid of CC effects. With the exception of electro net, that is exactly what it does.

Here is where you are missing the point of Force Barrier. It is a defensive measure. It states it stops ALL damage, all control effects, and anything else applied to the caster of the barrier. It is not an escape, period. You cannot move while channel it. You cannot cast anything but the barrier, thus a defensive measure, NOT an escape. Why is that so hard to understand?

In addition some may argue that even if it's a "defensive power", it's absolute defense, and so it surpass even "escape powers" and can be used as a replacement or equivalent or even be considered an "escape power".

As stated above, it is a defensive measure and nothing more. There’s no argument about it. No Sage or Sorcerer who channels Force Barrier can do any other action but channel the barrier. No damage, stuns, slows, roots, or other measures can affect the caster. Heck, I’ve popped the barrier on Lucky and nothing he did (or any other champion or world boss) could affect me. However, somehow some lowly Merc/Trooper can affect me and prevent me from using Force Barrier with Electro Net? This is not working as intended. Force Barrier is not an escape it is a pure defensive measure and nothing more or less.