Once again, the demolition of smaller guilds

OolaForcebeamer

The new large, and frankly, the medium planetary conquest goals are way too high for smaller guilds to achieve. I do not understand why you guys continue to make receiving top tier rewards easily available to large guilds only. Many medium and small sized guilds have been around FOR MANY YEARS and are FAMILY. Your player base is made up of more than super size guilds grinding for points. You are forcing smaller guilds to break apart and relocate to large conquest machine guilds to get high tier mats and rewards. We are very proud of our chosen guild names and our guild history and you continue to kill us off 1 by 1. The ONLY thing these new high conquest goals do is benefit the super size guilds and punish the small and medium guilds. I have been here since launch and am VERY DISPLEASED with yet again another ruthless attack on the little guys. :mad:

The new large, and frankly, the medium planetary conquest goals are way too high for smaller guilds to achieve. I do not understand why you guys continue to make receiving top tier rewards easily available to large guilds only. Many medium and small sized guilds have been around FOR MANY YEARS and are FAMILY. Your player base is made up of more than super size guilds grinding for points. You are forcing smaller guilds to break apart and relocate to large conquest machine guilds to get high tier mats and rewards. We are very proud of our chosen guild names and our guild history and you continue to kill us off 1 by 1. The ONLY thing these new high conquest goals do is benefit the super size guilds and punish the small and medium guilds. I have been here since launch and am VERY DISPLEASED with yet again another ruthless attack on the little guys. :mad:

You do realize that starting next week all conquest objectives are 3 times more points then this week right?

next week, yes, this week, no. Yet some dumb *** decided that the guild goals will be increased this week......

They didn't decide that, it HAS to happen that way to implement the new system starting tuesday at the launch of 6.0. They couldn't do it any other way or they would. What they will probably do is just go in and give everyone the rewards for this week like they have done before, so stop complaining and like Aaron Rodgers once said.. R-E-L-A-X

Edited by SaerethDL

yet again another ruthless attack on the little guys. :mad:

Quick! some one call the friendly neighborhood spiderman... ;)

Jokes aside... the goals of a conquest target for a guild depends upon active and frequent players of the guild.

I have toons in three guilds... 1 large conquest guild with at least 17 or so active members, a pvp guild with 5 active members and a casual guild which is laid back... So under the circumstances, the whole fiasco seems only meh to me personally.

You want to aim leaderboards? get active members for your guild. simple.

You just want to tryhard with conquest? get a buddy or a grp of guildies and farm some objectives. simple again.

you want to let everybody know of your displeasure? well here we are. simple yet again.

Hf and gl. :cool:

Maybe start recruiting ?

The way I see it now on DM most of the large yield guilds will hit their 5 mil target by tuesday. It may be the same for the other yields.

If I were you, I'd start recruiting to make the guild more active. If you don't want to do that, it's your problem.. This is all about adapting to the new systems.

They didn't decide that, it HAS to happen that way to implement the new system starting tuesday at the launch of 6.0. They couldn't do it any other way or they would. What they will probably do is just go in and give everyone the rewards for this week like they have done before, so stop complaining and like Aaron Rodgers once said.. R-E-L-A-X

They raised the cap for small guilds, without raising the points, they didn't 'Have' to do that, otherwise they would have raised the personal ones too. Even if that was something they 'had' to do, why not warn people before hand, instead of waiting for 2 days AFTER the reset, when most people had already chosen? It won't matter to most super guilds as they usually get the goal multiple times over, but it's the small guilds that are being screwed. And as for relax, I am relaxed, but you can be relaxed and pissed of at the same time, especially when you have a right to be pissed off at stupid decisions being made over and over again.

Edited by DarkTergon

Do you have any sort of proof that backs up your assertion? I read the forums frequently enough to know that not one person has stated 'it had to happen this way' to implement the new system. Common sense would indicate that you're probably right.

For me, it's not so much about the lack of rewards, it's once again their lack of communication with their customers. Other than pixels, it's no different than buying something from the grocery store at the ticketed price, then heading to the cashier only to find out the internal price had been raised significantly, there, at least you have a choice.

Bottom line, EAWare once again dropped the ball by not informing their customers before the reset of Conquest to allow people to choose accordingly. Regarding Rodgers, that was a funny interview.

Edited by Pirana

lol the PTS forum?! wow, great way to make the ENTIRE playerbase aware of this "announcement" . Then they umm "decide" to umm "announce" it again in some random dude's thread in General Discussion forums lol

Oh and it's a good thing all week IN-GAME currently the ui for 'Conquest/Invasion' still says PRE-6.0 value requirements LOL GREAT WORK BIOWARE!

I've been a sub since early beta of this game, and i've supported BioWare 99% of my time here....but this Conquest blunder switch-a-roo is just plain STUPID and SLOPPY (regardless of any aforementioned code-limitations to the weekly timer reset for conquests) .

p.s. Only around 20% of subscribers actually bother to read the Launcher, much less these forums. Oct. 22nd should be a very fun day for 'Customer Support' ...

next week, yes, this week, no. Yet some dumb *** decided that the guild goals will be increased this week......

Then just do your personal conquest target this week.

Then there will be no bigger reward this week. If interested? Is that why I'm crying around? :rolleyes:

lol the PTS forum?! wow, great way to make the ENTIRE playerbase aware of this "announcement" . Then they umm "decide" to umm "announce" it again in some random dude's thread in General Discussion forums lol

Oh and it's a good thing all week IN-GAME currently the ui for 'Conquest/Invasion' still says PRE-6.0 value requirements LOL GREAT WORK BIOWARE!

I've been a sub since early beta of this game, and i've supported BioWare 99% of my time here....but this Conquest blunder switch-a-roo is just plain STUPID and SLOPPY (regardless of any aforementioned code-limitations to the weekly timer reset for conquests) .

p.s. Only around 20% of subscribers actually bother to read the Launcher, much less these forums. Oct. 22nd should be a very fun day for 'Customer Support' ...

The OFFICIAL conquest objective are raised by approx 3x.

The OTHER stuff people do for conquest points...heroic missions for example, stay the same.

So the only points getting raised are the ones assigned for conquest goals.

I know right.. lol Your response alone has me laughing at it too. You can't make this stuff up. This is and has been arguably the biggest issue with EAWare from the beginning and it hasn't changed much.

Do you have any sort of proof that backs up your assertion? I read the forums frequently enough to know that not one person has stated 'it had to happen this way' to implement the new system. Common sense would indicate that you're probably right.

For me, it's not so much about the lack of rewards, it's once again their lack of communication with their customers. Other than pixels, it's no different than buying something from the grocery store at the ticketed price, then heading to the cashier only to find out the internal price had been raised significantly, there, at least you have a choice.

Bottom line, EAWare once again dropped the ball by not informing their customers before the reset of Conquest to allow people to choose accordingly. Regarding Rodgers, that was a funny interview.

It's what makes sense.

The new conquest targets are part of the 6.0 launch, not a separate conquest patch.

When the timer for conquest week reaches zero and the points are tallied in the system, the new point values will be in place.

I think it will be buggy

I think many people will be expecting rewards and not get any

CS will be a nightmare because of it

UNLESS...they proactively decide to just give everyone who reaches the 15k points (and is in a guild that reached the old values) the rewards that they would have normally gotten.

It's only a couple days away.

I'm just curious to see how it's going to play out.

It's what makes sense.

The new conquest targets are part of the 6.0 launch, not a separate conquest patch.

When the timer for conquest week reaches zero and the points are tallied in the system, the new point values will be in place.

I think it will be buggy

UNLESS...they proactively decide to just give everyone who reaches the 15k points (and is in a guild that reached the old values) the rewards that they would have normally gotten.

Completely agree. It is what makes sense. Although a simple PSA mentioning it would of been nice. Something as simple as:

This week's Conquest values will be in accordance with the release of Onslaught.

<insert new totals>

Please choose wisely

I think it's gonna be buggy as hell. Just another speed bump to traverse on an already bumpy road.

It's what makes sense.

I think it will be buggy

Well then there's this http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9772645&postcount=23

I found out and I was mad, but then I warned everyone, but now after a few days I am still angry, but not in the way someone who just got punched, this is just another frustrated angry, but on the other hand I see it as well they at least said something so we did not have to push for this week conquest any further. I also see this as a simple programming option and really if any of us had any experience with programming or spreadsheets then you would know if I change value x to reach goal z than the new value had to be achieved.

So personal goal still worked fine, but guild goal would not unless you exceeded the goal for the new value. If they shortened the timer on guild rewards to give out on Monday than the old values would still be valid. This used to be the case when conquest ended and you had eight hours before the next conquest started. No issues then but with only an hour pause now and this happening later in the day after the application of 6.0 we all should have expected it to happen this way. Do you really want a reward that contains outdated items?

Big guild small guild I have been part of both and well I don't talk that much to big guild peeps, but I do talk to my small guild peeps. I stay with who I can talk with. Big guilds are a function to get achievements or do a few things you can't in smaller.

Recruiting is the life blood of any guild and if you don't recruit then you have nothing to complain about with conquest cause you are not a conquest guild.

Then just do your personal conquest target this week.

Then there will be no bigger reward this week. If interested? Is that why I'm crying around? :rolleyes:

/sigh Personal reward isn't the problem, it's the increased goal for smaller guilds that is going to cause the issue. Smaller guilds don't get the mats, it's the encriptions they get, which isn't going to change (unless I missed something about that) , so the smaller guilds are going to lose out on the reward for this week, which as people have already pointed out is going to cause problems with s/h upgrades. I can't explain it any easier. We're not looking for the new mats, just the same rewards as always, to help the small guilds get their frameworks.

/shrugs