Minor Frustration Neutralisation Suggestions

Ilakubala

Everybody notices things about the game that are unnecessarily frustrating. I'm not talking about actual bugs, challenge levels or specific aspects of individual missions or character classes. I'm talking about game mechanics or design aspects that are not tied to the storyline and affect everyone, all the time, which need only a slight tweak to reduce or remove the minor but unnecessary frustration they cause. I am asking you: What ONE thing annoys you a bit (but not enough to stop playing the game), and what (seemingly) simple thing would you do to help reduce or remove it?

Let's give mine: The amount of time it takes to travel across maps when missions keep taking you back and forth to places that are not close to a quick travel or taxi point. This is frustrating because you have to be there to steer yourself over the landscape but you are not gaining anything from it (you looked at all the pretty scenery- and killed the mobs for the bonus missions- the first time through).

My solution: A personal homing beacon. This would act as a quick travel point, but you could put it down anywhere you could stand. To help prevent abuse there should be restrictions- for example, only the character who owned the beacon could place it or travel to it, it could not be placed within indoor locations or heroic areas, and it could not be used in combat. It could have a recall function, to be able to pick it up without having to travel to it. There are equivalent mechanics in other games, so this suggestion is not a new idea.