What new planets would you like to see in SWTOR?

DecentTank

Hello, just curious what other people's thoughts were on new planets in SWTOR. I'd like to see the overcast ocean world of Kamino added into the game. I've seen other threads on this same topic but none recently, though I've never seen someone mention going to Csilla :D

Anyone else have some ideas?

Heh, saw the thread title and immediately thought: Csilla.

Pop in and see others already had the same idea. :D

With this game being the last bastion of the Legends continuity, I would really like to see the Chiss homeworld make a visual appearance here - even if this game does have enough "ice worlds" already.

Edited by DarthDymond

Yeah, Mandalore would be great for Bounty Hunter RP. Csilla would be nice because there isn't really a Chiss dominant area in SWTOR yet. Kashyyyk would be cool, there aren't many Wookies in this game. I'd like to see new strongholds too, I'm waiting for a Kamino stronghold :)

Ryloth would be at the top of my list, just because I don't believe it has been in any Star Wars RPG/MMO yet. Also, the lore on the place makes it sound like it would make for an interesting location.

One side of the planet perpetually faced its sun and the other remained in darkness, a phenomenon known as tidal locking. The dayside was referred to as the Bright Lands and the night-side was known as the Nightlands...

,...The planet was orbited by five moons, which had subtle tidal effects on the planet's liquid core and underground springs. It had little or no surface water except for patches of water ice on the night side.

It was a planet of extremes: dry, rocky landscapes of deserts, mountain ranges with mist-covered peaks, shadowy valleys, alternated with snowy wastes, joined by lush temperate bands which concentrated much of its population....

...Along the terminator lay a thin habitable border, a twilight realm between the two extremes. Along this narrow strip were the series of caverns where some of the Twi'leks decided to build their underground cities, blockaded with thick blast doors and portcullises to keep out the vicious monsters that prowled the Bright Lands, especially lyleks.

The Floating Rock Gardens of Ryloth were a natural wonder and tourist attraction, well known throughout the Outer Rim, where strong winds blew among the tunnels, causing rocks to float gently through the air. Over the years the gardens became filled with rare and dazzling stones.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ryloth/Legends

If Ryloth were ever made a visitable location in a future chapter of KotFE, or in a future expansion, I'd also hope Kala'uun would be the main hub.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kala%27uun

I think it would be really cool to see Mustafar at this time period. I'm not sure what Naboo would look like at this time, could you tell me? I'm still waiting for Kamino, I'd love to see Jedi Knights do missions for Kina Ka XD

Ryloth would be at the top of my list, just because I don't believe it has been in any Star Wars RPG/MMO yet. Also, the lore on the place makes it sound like it would make for an interesting location.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ryloth/Legends

If Ryloth were ever made a visitable location in a future chapter of KotFE, or in a future expansion, I'd also hope Kala'uun would be the main hub.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kala%27uun

ryloth would be cool. and it has been featured in a mmo, clone wars adventures

Nathema as the final showdown arena with Vitiate.

I feel they should have shown that planet in act 3 of the Jedi Knight story, just in passing at least like they did with Uphrades. Scourge didn't even seem to mention it that much despite visiting the planet in the past.

There is seriously a lot of potential they could be using for Scourge in KOTFE.

But probably Onderon and Dxun. Dxun could just be like some daily area similar to Yavin I guess.

I was kinda thinking they where going to make a Mandalorian expansion eventually with them leaving the Empire and trying to seize power for themselves, say if the current Mandalore died and a more aggressive one took over that doesn't want them being imperial lackeys.

However with KOTFE that opportunity is probably passed.

Thanks for the explanation on Naboo. I think it would be cool to see a storyline where the Republic and the Empire discover Naboo. After they discovered it the story could start with the Republic and the Empire, becoming an ally to different factions of Gungans, leading them to colonize the planet. As you said there was still fighting going on, there could be Republic and Gungan Tribe A, versus Empire and Gungan Tribe B. Also you said some were on the land and some in the water, maybe one faction could have territory on the land, and the other have territory underwater, after all, we haven't gone swimming in swtor yet :jawa_biggrin: Edited by DecentTank

Thanks for the explanation on Naboo. I think it would be cool to see a storyline where the Republic and the Empire discover Naboo. After they discovered it the story could start with the Republic and the Empire, becoming an ally to different factions of Gungans, leading them to colonize the planet. As you said there was still fighting going on, there could be Republic and Gungan Tribe A, versus Empire and Gungan Tribe B. Also you said some were on the land and some in the water, maybe one faction could have territory on the land, and the other have territory underwater, after all, we haven't gone swimming in swtor yet :jawa_biggrin:

I'd love to see an open world PvP dedicated area (where you can't enter without being flagged, only a pvp area) where Republic and Imperial players would fight with Gungan CPU's in PvP, fighting for tribal dominance in a specific area. If it ran on the servers full time it would just be 24/7 territory control :jawa_biggrin:

Edited by DecentTank

Naboo and Alderaan aren't too similar, Naboo has a more jungle-like environment. Besides Yavin 4 and, *sigh* Zakuul... There aren't any jungle planets in SWTOR. There could be a tree covered area, some plains, then maybe something underwater even...

I just wanna chime in here and say that Naboo can't be put into the game. The game follows legends canon and Naboo isn't discovered for another 1400 years.

Malachor V is destroyed, so it can't be put into the game either. In theory Malachor III could be added, it's even part of the Consular storyline.

I would like to see Onderon/Dxun return, and Dantooine too. Telos IV would be nice to see return, with citadel station and all.

But most of all I want to see Ossus. I think Odessen might have been partially based off Ossus TBH.

As another poster said, a Mandalorian expansion would be cool. Could add Mandalore itself even.

However, I only wanna see KOTOR planets return with the caveat that they're done right. Not with the same reused animal models retextured. I want the Malraas and Canocks and Kath Hounds and Kinraths to actually look like they did in KOTOR. Not like reused Vorn Tigers and Lurkers.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs