T7-01 vs Kira as Guardian Solo Tank

YosiahLightwood

So I am leveling as a tank Guardian right now and I'm using T7-01; I really love him, because he agrees with all my choices in quests and says funny stuff :p

I'm using him in Sentry mode, with his Main Auto Taunt turned off, because that way he peels off a few targets from the group I'm attacking, but can't hold them once I engage after I deal with my first target -- so he's not affecting my Soreso Form focus generation. The dps mode he has is only +5%, and I think that doesn't outweigh the benefits of +20% shield chance for survivability.

Basically, we never die. If he is about to die, I taunt off of him; if I am about to die, I quickly enable his Main Taunt again in the mini action bar.

Even though I love him, I'm being tempted to switch to Kira now that I properly have her in my Crew, because she does -- apparently -- insane dps and will help me level faster, but I fear she will be less conducive to my moral/authoritative choices.

Is T7-01 a reasonable choice for my companion through to 50? Am I missing anything awesome, story-wise, from Kira -- after all, she does have a dedicated voice actor, ergo it stands to reason that her story might hold more emotional weight.

Cheers.

Kira is awesome. She makes up for your weak AoE perfectly. She also hits quite hard against single targets, so she's good against both, packs of standards and single elites\champions.

T7 is awesome and all, but droid parts are much harder to get than Consular gear.

Kira is awesome. She makes up for your weak AoE perfectly. She also hits quite hard against single targets, so she's good against both, packs of standards and single elites\champions.

T7 is awesome and all, but droid parts are much harder to get than Consular gear.

You know it's a good class when you have to pick between Kira and T7. We got it lucky.

You know it's a good class when you have to pick between Kira and T7. We got it lucky.

*Shrug* I still envy BHs because they get a fully-functional healer so early on (ship droid=last resort). Also, as far as healer companions go, I admit that I'd rather have a cute girl following me around, rather than an eccentric doctor, or an Imperial officer with a pole up his rear end.